Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 22, 2021, 4:57pm
NO RUMOUR'S HERE!!!

But Charlton have just signed another striker.

Local media there think that will be the end of Bogle...

Does that mean there is a chance??
Posted by: davmariner, January 22, 2021, 5:02pm; Reply: 1
He’ll get other league 1/top end league 2 offers.
Posted by: smokey111, January 22, 2021, 5:03pm; Reply: 2
Very doubtful, but what a story........scores the goals to help get us up then a few years later does the same to keep us up. Would never have to buy a drink down Freeman Street again!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 22, 2021, 5:09pm; Reply: 3
It’s looking more realistic isn’t it. Even a loan. If he comes here he will get the role that he seems to crave. Since he left he’s always been one of the herd. Here he’d get be the top man (after Hurst of course, who would try to keep his feet on the ground).
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 22, 2021, 5:13pm; Reply: 4
No chance...but then again I never saw Garry Birtles ever sign for town!..
Posted by: chipsandgravy, January 22, 2021, 5:14pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It’s looking more realistic isn’t it. Even a loan. If he comes here he will get the role that he seems to crave. Since he left he’s always been one of the herd. Here he’d get be the top man (after Hurst of course, who would try to keep his feet on the ground).

Is it though. Despite previous bouts of hysteria its never really been close has it. Doubt very much we could afford him with the salary cap etc. Really can't see it whatsoever.
Posted by: dicko995, January 22, 2021, 5:15pm; Reply: 6
not again...
Posted by: ginnywings, January 22, 2021, 5:15pm; Reply: 7
About 5% more chance than the 0% chance there was this morning. Though nothing would surprise me in football.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 22, 2021, 5:19pm; Reply: 8

Maybe Hurst could be asked about any interest in his post match interview tomorrow then we can put this one to bed.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 22, 2021, 5:19pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Is it though. Despite previous bouts of hysteria its never really been close has it. Doubt very much we could afford him with the salary cap etc. Really can't see it whatsoever.

‘More realistic’ not probable. I’m not prone to hysteria and didn’t indulge in the belief he was coming back before.
Posted by: davmariner, January 22, 2021, 5:21pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from promotion plaice

Maybe Hurst could be asked about any interest in his post match interview tomorrow then we can put this one to bed.

He was asked in pre match by Matt Dean and basically shut it down as not realistic.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 22, 2021, 5:24pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from davmariner

He was asked in pre match by Matt Dean and basically shut it down as not realistic.

That means he’s definitely coming then 😆
Posted by: IrishMariner, January 22, 2021, 5:27pm; Reply: 12
https://sportsworldghana.com/exclusive-omar-bogle-set-to-join-new-york-red-bulls/

Never mind folks, he’s off to the Big Apple according to this very reliable source..
Posted by: chipsandgravy, January 22, 2021, 5:44pm; Reply: 13

‘More realistic’ not probable. I’m not prone to hysteria and didn’t indulge in the belief he was coming back before.

There is a lot that do it every year though!
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 22, 2021, 5:48pm; Reply: 14
He's not a team player, and not the sought to get stuck into a relegation dog fight.
Posted by: golfer, January 22, 2021, 5:49pm; Reply: 15
I'm going to change my match prediction to Scunny  0  Town 5  (  Bogle   5 mins  (taken off at half time )  Sub. Green  46 - 48 -53 - 89 mins
Posted by: Mariner_501, January 22, 2021, 5:52pm; Reply: 16
Charlton fans really don’t seem to like him at all. Even seem him be called a non league footballer. Would love him back here but highly unlikely if we are being honest
Posted by: DNMariner, January 22, 2021, 6:01pm; Reply: 17
I'd rather not.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 22, 2021, 6:02pm; Reply: 18
I will run naked down Freeman St with a black and white ribbon tied to my c*ck if we sign Omar Bogle (form an orderly queue ladies...)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 22, 2021, 6:03pm; Reply: 19
I'll say one thing about Bogle, he's not cut at any level higher than league 2 and that was with us. If he wants to get his career going again he needs to be at a level where he's banging them in for fun, could that be us?going on current statistics, no chance but on the flip side we are in a position where if a striker scoring circa 12-15 goals before the end of the season makes them look like Vardy, could we give him the service to do that?, would he start every game?,could we offer him that springboard?...over to Omar because quite honestly, I don't many teams will take a punt on him, because a punt it was it would be going on his recent goal return.
Posted by: oochiad, January 22, 2021, 6:15pm; Reply: 20
Please please please not again! Ffs it’s boring now......
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 22, 2021, 6:24pm; Reply: 21
I will run naked down Freeman St with a black and white ribbon tied to my c*ck if we sign Omar Bogle (form an orderly queue ladies...)

Can’t wait to see u
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 22, 2021, 7:03pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from IrishMariner
https://sportsworldghana.com/exclusive-omar-bogle-set-to-join-new-york-red-bulls/

Never mind folks, he’s off to the Big Apple according to this very reliable source..

I thought MLS was a good level these days. Can’t see Bogle being good enough.
Posted by: Kris2, January 22, 2021, 7:38pm; Reply: 23

About as good as the Scottish Premier....In that a couple of teams are good and the rest are fairly low standards. There have been some big names going there for huge money as there was in Turkey during the 80's and 90's and China/India now. Doesn't mean the whole league is particularly good though.

I imagine moving to New York would be a much more exciting prospect than moving to Grimsby either way. ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 22, 2021, 8:23pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Kris2

About as good as the Scottish Premier....In that a couple of teams are good and the rest are fairly low standards. There have been some big names going there for huge money as there was in Turkey during the 80's and 90's and China/India now. Doesn't mean the whole league is particularly good though.

I imagine moving to New York would be a much more exciting prospect than moving to Grimsby either way. ;D

I kind of thought it would be better than that. similar to the Championship.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 22, 2021, 8:42pm; Reply: 25
Is that the New York situated just outside Boston? Good access to Cheapside 😀😀
Posted by: TonySmith, January 22, 2021, 8:42pm; Reply: 26
  Town fan who lives in Atlanta here! So I'm also an Atlanta United ticket season ticket holder. There are some very good players in the MLS, along with plenty of average ones. I think Kingston Mariner's assessment of it being a similar level to the championship is about right. I think that Bogle would be a squad player if he joins the Red Bulls, but I'm sure he would get some game time and if he scores a goal or two, he might do well. It's a bit less physical than English football, so it might play into his strengths. It would certainly give me some pleasure to see Omar playing at Atlanta's incredible Mercedes Benz stadium. It's a bit more impressive than Blundell Park!
Posted by: livvo, January 22, 2021, 8:58pm; Reply: 27
More impressive than Blundell Park? I doubt that very much 😉
Posted by: moosey_club, January 22, 2021, 9:15pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from TonySmith
  Town fan who lives in Atlanta here! So I'm also an Atlanta United ticket season ticket holder. There are some very good players in the MLS, along with plenty of average ones. I think Kingston Mariner's assessment of it being a similar level to the championship is about right. I think that Bogle would be a squad player if he joins the Red Bulls, but I'm sure he would get some game time and if he scores a goal or two, he might do well. It's a bit less physical than English football, so it might play into his strengths. It would certainly give me some pleasure to see Omar playing at Atlanta's incredible Mercedes Benz stadium. It's a bit more impressive than Blundell Park!

a Mercedes Benz stadium...imagine trying to park that on match days
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 22, 2021, 10:34pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from moosey_club

a Mercedes Benz stadium...imagine trying to park that on match days

It’d be a bigger crime to be scratch it than the Dacia Stadium
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 22, 2021, 11:16pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Can’t wait to see u

What ever turns you on 😳
Posted by: Stew0_0, January 22, 2021, 11:24pm; Reply: 31
More chance of signing Lennell John-Lewis from Hereford.
Scored 5 goals in 11 appearances for them this season but then was mysteriously missing from the line up on Saturday with Gowling stating a migraine.

https://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/19031067.uncertainty-future-lenell-john-lewis-hereford-fc/

Would definitely welcome him back
Posted by: smokey111, January 22, 2021, 11:26pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Stew0_0
More chance of signing Lennell John-Lewis from Hereford.
Scored 5 goals in 11 appearances for them this season but then was mysteriously missing from the line up on Saturday with Gowling stating a migraine.

https://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/19031067.uncertainty-future-lenell-john-lewis-hereford-fc/

Would definitely welcome him back

He would be perfect. Plenty of bottle, willing runner and decent scoring record.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 23, 2021, 12:03am; Reply: 33

I saw a lot of their 2nd division when I was over there. Conference North at best. They were brilliantly coached but the skill levels didn’t match. Great fun though. Sitting with Jack’s Militia watching  Charlotte Independence drinking a beer on a warm evening was spot on. CLT will have an MLS team next season and it’ll be a good watch. Wish I was still there to see it.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 23, 2021, 7:50am; Reply: 34
Quoted from TonySmith

That stadium is amazing, yes. The NFL is awash with them, but that and the Dallas Cowboys stadium are on another level. About 10 times too big for us, though!
Posted by: aldi_01, January 23, 2021, 9:09am; Reply: 35
He could make a go of it over there if he went.

Their standard increases year on year which may improve Bogle. The climate, style, lifestyle and so on may help him and suit him.

I’ve seen the odd MLS game live, enjoyed the experience of I’m honest, if a little false purely due to it still being new but the quality was championship at best. Top half granted but some players were out of their depth whilst others were excellent.
Posted by: buckstown, January 23, 2021, 9:42am; Reply: 36
Doubt we'll see Omar at BP for a while yet, he's got two or three more transfers before he gets down to our level.
Can't believe he's not good enough for the top end of league one, is it his game that's gone or his attitude? Or was he never really that good?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 23, 2021, 9:52am; Reply: 37
Quoted from buckstown
Doubt we'll see Omar at BP for a while yet, he's got two or three more transfers before he gets down to our level.
Can't believe he's not good enough for the top end of league one, is it his game that's gone or his attitude? Or was he never really that good?

Personally, I think he flattered to deceive tbh, superb league 2 striker but that's it, that's his level.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2021, 10:00am; Reply: 38
Bogle was a punt for teams higher up the divisions, which is why he went for a million to Wigan and not the bigger fees and bigger clubs that better lower league prospects go for. Some were comparing him to Kemar Roofe at the time and saying he should be in the same price bracket, which was a ridiculous notion. He needed to improve a lot to hack it in the Championship, but he never did, and now he is in his prime years, he is not tearing up any trees in league 1.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 23, 2021, 10:02am; Reply: 39
He was that good. He is also a massive confidence player and is probably running low on it. It wasn't just the amount of goals he scored, the quality of the goals he was scoring was like Connell in the conference, every type of goal you can think of and he literally carried us through a lot of games that season.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 23, 2021, 10:04am; Reply: 40
Which is why I don’t think it’s ridiculous to think he could be back in the 4th division soon.
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, January 23, 2021, 10:08am; Reply: 41
It sounds like he's been sussed out yet again. He's Div 2 at best in reality and that's flattering him. Yes, he looked good for us at Conference level but only because he had good service from probably our best ever mid-field in 20 years and he had an excellent partner upfront. It's a mystery to me why he's still held in such high regard when he's basically failed everywhere he's been since his Town days- or are too many still living in the past?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 23, 2021, 10:16am; Reply: 42
Think you’re being harsh. He looked even better for us in the League without having the support of a top end midfield. He probably just jumped up to the Championship too soon.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 23, 2021, 10:48am; Reply: 43
It sounds like he's been sussed out yet again. He's Div 2 at best in reality and that's flattering him. Yes, he looked good for us at Conference level but only because he had good service from probably our best ever mid-field in 20 years and he had an excellent partner upfront. It's a mystery to me why he's still held in such high regard when he's basically failed everywhere he's been since his Town days- or are too many still living in the past?

Because he was even better in league 2 without a great partner up front or a very good midfield and scored some unbelievable goals.
Posted by: jaygy, January 23, 2021, 11:12am; Reply: 44
Bogle was the only real 'star' player we've had in a lot of years, the sort of player that all the kids in school wanted to be and the only player that really got my nephew excited about watching town, it was so great to see him walk out as mascot with Omar away at stevenage....I remember Bignot asking him who he wanted to walk out with and he couldn't answer quick enough. I agree bogle has maybe not made it as far as some predicted but he has definitely made more of a career and had great experiences than a lot of players at his level
Posted by: smokey111, January 23, 2021, 12:12pm; Reply: 45

Somewhat bitter. Division 2 at best? He was almost unplayable at times after we went up. 19 in 27 says that he was a stand out division 2 player, when we were hardly tearing it up as a team. It almost as if some take pleasure in pulling apart Bogle.
Posted by: It Bites, January 23, 2021, 2:20pm; Reply: 46
Not in Charltons squad today . I expect a huge announcement soon
Posted by: smokey111, January 23, 2021, 2:22pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from It Bites
Not in Charltons squad today . I expect a huge announcement soon

Hopefully they have not let him near a TV in the last hour.
Posted by: DNMariner, January 23, 2021, 2:48pm; Reply: 48
The fact he hasn't lasted at a club for more than 6 months since he left us suggests to me there are deeper issues than just not having the ability for that level - I've always had the impression that despite outward appearances, his ego is quite fragile. A more resilient player might have used the Wigan experience as motivation to make more of a go of things at Cardiff, determined not to fall out of favour again but that didn't happen. I can't knock his goalscoring record for us, but I really wouldn't have him back - his career needs re-railing very quickly but unfortunately I just don't think he has the mentality to do so. Throughout his career, I've seen him make various comments on Twitter bemoaning his situation at a number of clubs but it's your work on the training ground, not online, that determines your success. Harry Kane had a number of underwhelming loan spells levels below the Premier League as a youngster at Spurs but, by all accounts, had an utterly relentless drive to better himself and trained obsessively to get where he is now. Could Bogle have done the same at Wigan, Cardiff, or Birmingham if he was determined to drag himself to the absolute ceiling of his ability?

I also think that, towards the end of his time with us, Bogle was becoming detrimental to our overall play. I'm a firm believer that a striker should be greedy but it got to the point where it became 'unintelligent greed' -  every time he received the ball he'd fire it into a defender or drag it wide from a daft angle. I can't remember the game or who it was but I remember an occasion in front of the Pontoon where he chose to shoot from a narrow angle and dragged it when he could've easily squared it for a tap-in. He then spent the next 10 minutes sulking and strolling around because the player in question had the audacity to question his decision; we don't need that in a relegation battle.
Posted by: buckstown, January 23, 2021, 4:46pm; Reply: 49
I had a look at the Charlton forum earlier and the general consensus is that he's just not good enough. Take away the extreme comments you see on all forums and in summary a good old fashioned hard working centre forward, holds it up well but just not good enough
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 23, 2021, 4:50pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from smokey111

Somewhat bitter. Division 2 at best? He was almost unplayable at times after we went up. 19 in 27 says that he was a stand out division 2 player, when we were hardly tearing it up as a team. It almost as if some take pleasure in pulling apart Bogle.

It's not about pulling Bogle apart Smokey, it's an honest appraisal of how career has planned out.
I said before, he's a superb league 2 striker and that's it, league 2, that's his level.
I think a lot of us honestly thought we'd found the next Vardy but it turns out he isn't and never will be yet Dembele has gone and kicked on.
Some players can do it at a higher level and some can't, Bogle sits in the latter I'm afraid.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 23, 2021, 4:55pm; Reply: 51
Can't believe what i've read on this forum, he scored more goals in half a season than anyone has in a full season for Grimsby in the league in the past 21 years. Detrimental to our play? Bogle in that half season was on Reddy's level for being unplayable, he was a cheat code and I think a lot of people forget that.
Posted by: GrimExile, January 23, 2021, 4:55pm; Reply: 52
Mind you he’s got more to him than the clueless idiots we’ve got upfront at the moment!!
Posted by: Humbercod, January 23, 2021, 5:10pm; Reply: 53
Would be nice to think the new guys running the club could put together a package to bring him back to his spiritual home, at least until the end of season. I’ve no doubts he’d be back smashing the ball into the back of the bet.
Or maybe that’s just wishful thinking😕
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 23, 2021, 5:12pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Humbercod
Would be nice to think the new guys running the club could put together a package to bring him back to his spiritual home, at least until the end of season. I’ve no doubts he’d be back smashing the ball into the back of the bet.
Or maybe that’s just wishful thinking😕

Without service he's no chance, we can't even out a decent cross in or a defence splitting through ball.
Posted by: Humbercod, January 23, 2021, 5:15pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Without service he's no chance, we can't even out a decent cross in or a defence splitting through ball.

Yeah there is that, Vardy wouldn’t get a sniff in this team.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 23, 2021, 5:21pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Can't believe what i've read on this forum, he scored more goals in half a season than anyone has in a full season for Grimsby in the league in the past 21 years. Detrimental to our play? Bogle in that half season was on Reddy's level for being unplayable, he was a cheat code and I think a lot of people forget that.

Well over 30 I think.
Posted by: bawarmy, January 23, 2021, 5:36pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from livvo
More impressive than Blundell Park? I doubt that very much 😉

It’s a nice stadium, purpose built . I’ve been and watched a couple of their games. I saw an ageing schweinsteiger play for Chicago against them and he run the show. Also saw David Villa ,Pirlo and Jack Harrison play for NYC so I think the standard is a bit better than league 2 but Bradley wright Phillips was their top player for years so Bogle might be ok. I think it’s his last chance though if he does go.
Posted by: gtfc_akpa_akpro, January 23, 2021, 5:49pm; Reply: 58
I’m hearing whispers this evening that Bogle is eager to come back to Town and is actively seeking out the new owners to be brought home. He’s stated as saying that he really wants to be involved in a relegation scrap, would love to take at least a 50% pay cut for the privilege and misses the smell of fish. (All said in my best sarcastic voice)

Bogle would be the talisman like my “Fishy” username namesake. Sadly, he won’t come back and the problems run deeper than resigning Bogle
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 23, 2021, 7:17pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from smokey111

He would be perfect. Plenty of bottle, willing runner and decent scoring record.

What decent scoring record (LJL), apart from one season with us with a number of penalties, his scoring record for a forward has been pretty cack.
Posted by: davmariner, January 23, 2021, 7:24pm; Reply: 60
Bring back The Shop, he can’t be any worse than flipping Green.
Posted by: davmariner, January 23, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 61
Posted by: Poojah, January 23, 2021, 9:33pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from gtfc_akpa_akpro
I’m hearing whispers this evening that Bogle is eager to come back to Town and is actively seeking out the new owners to be brought home.

Do those same voices also tell you to burn things, by any chance?
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 23, 2021, 9:49pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from davmariner

Is The Shop essential?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 23, 2021, 10:07pm; Reply: 64
Might as well invite LJ-L over as NLS will not play again this season (prediction). He can't be any worse than what we have got.....

...we will need someone to partner OB.    😀😀😀
Posted by: ska face, January 23, 2021, 10:10pm; Reply: 65
Absolutely laughable that anyone could watch his displays for us and say he was detrimental to the team, not what we need in a relegation battle or wouldn’t score without the service. The guy’s on another planet to the complete dross we’ve got up front this season.

https://youtu.be/TpLhdf89fbM

https://youtu.be/MjcD5eJtnW0
Posted by: Hurstomariner, January 23, 2021, 10:18pm; Reply: 66
Be nice to think this next week we can get a striker in or 2 ! Happy with BOGLE and CHADWICK coming ! Or am I dreaming .
Posted by: GrimRob, January 23, 2021, 10:20pm; Reply: 67
If he decides to come here he should be committed under the 1983 Mental Health Act
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 23, 2021, 10:29pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Poojah

Do those same voices also tell you to burn things, by any chance?

😂😂😂
Posted by: gtfc_akpa_akpro, January 23, 2021, 11:21pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from GrimRob
If he decides to come here he should be committed under the 1983 Mental Health Act

I will happily drive to cheapside and wait at the gate to detain him in a section 136 myself.
Posted by: livvo, January 23, 2021, 11:25pm; Reply: 70
Check you out with the massive name drops 😘😘😘
It’s a nice stadium, purpose built . I’ve been and watched a couple of their games. I saw an ageing schweinsteiger play for Chicago against them and he run the show. Also saw David Villa ,Pirlo and Jack Harrison play for NYC so I think the standard is a bit better than league 2 but Bradley wright Phillips was their top player for years so Bogle might be ok. I think it’s his last chance though if he does go.[/quote]

Posted by: DB, January 24, 2021, 1:19am; Reply: 71
Quoted from Hurstomariner
Be nice to think this next week we can get a striker in or 2 ! Happy with BOGLE and CHADWICK coming ! Or am I dreaming .

Nostalgia is good but is Bogle up for it. 13 goals since joining Cardiff(Aug 17) in 40 apps + 35 as sub.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=79428

His record for us was good, but when he left the stats tell all.

Posted by: mariner91, January 24, 2021, 7:51am; Reply: 72
Really depressingly whilst Bogle’s record isn’t great since leaving us it’s still way better than any of the dross we currently have.
Posted by: Davec, January 24, 2021, 7:53am; Reply: 73
Quoted from DB

Nostalgia is good but is Bogle up for it. 13 goals since joining Cardiff(Aug 17) in 40 apps + 35 as sub.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=79428

13 goals in 75 games at championship and league 1 is better than Matt Green's 9 goals in 86 games with 4 goals and 23 appearances being in non league, that makes it just 5 goals in 63 league 2 games.

I think I know who I would prefer out of Bogle and Green, and it's not the latter.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 24, 2021, 7:57am; Reply: 74
Think the easy comparison here is compare Podge to Bogle..
They left within 6 months of each other, Amond played at clubs and a level he knew he could be successful where as Bogle took the option to go higher up, get paid an awful lot more(absolutely no blame on Omar for that though might I add) and ultimately has failed. There's no getting away from that fact, if he drops down to league 2 I have no doubt he'll find his shooting boots again, but will that be with GTFC?, personally I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance if that happening, but don't be surprised if ends up somewhere like Cheltenham or any top end league 2 club.
Posted by: ska face, January 24, 2021, 8:03am; Reply: 75
Quoted from DB

Yeah they do - we’ve scored 19 goals all season, total. In 16/17 Bogle scored that many himself in the same period, with another 5 assists.

13 in 75 is just under 1 in 6 at Championship and top end League 1. Matt Green has scored 1 in 18 this season, 2 in 29 last. Hanson hasn’t scored for 11 months.

I don’t think we’ve a hope in hell of him coming back, but anyone pretending he wouldn’t improve our attack are embarrassing themselves.
Posted by: aldi_01, January 24, 2021, 8:58am; Reply: 76
Hurst managed Bogle absolutely perfectly, but once the narrative against hurst was written that was all forgotten.

Bogle came in to a side that’s only objective was promotion. Nothing else. He’d been training a couple of times a week as was a big fish in a minute pond, he came here and wasn’t. That’s hard to deal with mentally for anyone.

He showed glimmers and Hurst kept him on a tight leash, he worked him hard and when he played he was effective and often scored.

He was brought in to the side when in truth, Podge had dried up a little, Bogle scored, he scored three of the most important goals in the clubs history.

That carried on in to the league, under Hurst. The club copulated about, Hurst left and Bogle not long after. At times he could seem greedy and could be infuriating but he’s a class above.

To not think Bogle will improve this side, raise people’s moods and score goals, mainly because he can be selfish and greedy, is absolutely deluded...
Posted by: Poojah, January 24, 2021, 9:21am; Reply: 77
Quoted from ska face

Yeah they do - we’ve scored 19 goals all season, total. In 16/17 Bogle scored that many himself in the same period, with another 5 assists.

Wow, that is very, very sobering. We are that far behind a team which included such lesser lights as Scott Vernon, James Berrett, Luke Summerfield and Ashley Chambers.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 24, 2021, 9:29am; Reply: 78
We have not scored more than one goal in any home league match all season which in itself is a frightening statistic and shows how difficult it is going to be to get out of this mess.
Posted by: Humbercod, January 24, 2021, 9:58am; Reply: 79
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Think the easy comparison here is compare Podge to Bogle..
They left within 6 months of each other, Amond played at clubs and a level he knew he could be successful where as Bogle took the option to go higher up, get paid an awful lot more(absolutely no blame on Omar for that though might I add) and ultimately has failed. There's no getting away from that fact, if he drops down to league 2 I have no doubt he'll find his shooting boots again, but will that be with GTFC?, personally I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance if that happening, but don't be surprised if ends up somewhere like Cheltenham or any top end league 2 club.

Funny how their paths have differed podge remains a prolific striker, tons of awards and no doubt loved by the Newport fans. Bogle now just another journeyman, nothing outstanding nothing to show for his talent (since leaving us) but mortgage free😁
Who took the best path?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 24, 2021, 10:06am; Reply: 80
Quoted from aldi_01
Hurst managed Bogle absolutely perfectly, but once the narrative against hurst was written that was all forgotten.

Bogle came in to a side that’s only objective was promotion. Nothing else. He’d been training a couple of times a week as was a big fish in a minute pond, he came here and wasn’t. That’s hard to deal with mentally for anyone.

He showed glimmers and Hurst kept him on a tight leash, he worked him hard and when he played he was effective and often scored.

He was brought in to the side when in truth, Podge had dried up a little, Bogle scored, he scored three of the most important goals in the clubs history.

That carried on in to the league, under Hurst. The club copulated about, Hurst left and Bogle not long after. At times he could seem greedy and could be infuriating but he’s a class above.

To not think Bogle will improve this side, raise people’s moods and score goals, mainly because he can be selfish and greedy, is absolutely deluded...

100% agree, but we'll never get to see if he'd make us better or not this season.  

What wouldn't surprise me though is if by some miracle we stay up and it doesn't work for Omar at Charlton we'd at least enquire about him coming back. Hurst knows his value and how to manage him and the new owners know what something like that could do in terms of engaging the fan base.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 24, 2021, 10:35am; Reply: 81
He’s not fu(king coming!
Can we just get over it. Yes, I know he’s played for us before and yes he’s worked with hurst. But there will be more attractive propositions than playing for town again, even on loan.

Can we just get over this delusion that he will be signing for us

Posted by: DB, January 24, 2021, 11:39am; Reply: 82
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
He’s not fu(king coming!
Can we just get over it. Yes, I know he’s played for us before and yes he’s worked with hurst. But there will be more attractive propositions than playing for town again, even on loan.

Can we just get over this delusion that he will be signing for us

Totally Woz but, it seems, neither is any other decent striker
Posted by: RonMariner, January 24, 2021, 11:52am; Reply: 83
If, as we were told previously, money is no object, then it is not impossible to see him coming back here, on loan at least.

More likely would be the return of LJL. Though not prolific, he would be a great target man. But we still need a two other things urgently; a proven goalscorer, and a strong midfield to provide service.

I think Matete is a good start, but he can't do it on his own. We need a Jon Nolan type player along side him.

So, to my way of thinking, we should sign LJL, pay whatever is required to get Bogle back on loan, and sign another quality midfielder.

That's quite a shopping list, and shows the size of the task confronting us.    
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 26, 2021, 4:14pm; Reply: 84
Bogle has announced he's making his next move on Instagram, surely it's got to be a League Two club to try and revitalise his career?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/JGb8hKZ.jpg[/img]
Posted by: psgmariner, January 26, 2021, 4:21pm; Reply: 85
Weather looks good in Charlton.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, January 26, 2021, 4:21pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Apparently Bogle has announced he's making his next move on Instagram, surely it's got to be a League Two club to try and revitalise his career?

I've heard Doncaster are looking at him, how true that is I don't know?

I'd imagine it would be more of a realistic landing spot for him than coming back here.

I mean I'd love to have Omar back, but I'm sure his wages are a jump up from what we can spend, and even with Hurst back he isn't going to risk the from what would be the Eredivisie to the bottom of League Two in less than a year.

I hope he stays in League One, wouldn't like to play against him whatever form he is in.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 26, 2021, 4:30pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Bogle has announced he's making his next move on Instagram, surely it's got to be a League Two club to try and revitalise his career?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/JGb8hKZ.jpg[/img]

‘Announced he’s making his next move’

Reading into things with that one
Posted by: dicko995, January 26, 2021, 4:40pm; Reply: 88
ffs, can we put this to bed and bury it, he aint coming here, sick of reading the utter crap of him coming back here
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 26, 2021, 4:46pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from dicko995
ffs, can we put this to bed and bury it, he aint coming here, sick of reading the utter crap of him coming back here

I know he won't but will laugh my head off if it happened just for your reaction(crazy)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 26, 2021, 10:49pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from psgmariner
Weather looks good in Charlton.

Summer. That’s in Britain.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 29, 2021, 8:27am; Reply: 91
Set to sign for Doncaster on a permanent deal.

Feel like this is his last chance at that level, really really hope it works for the lad!!
Posted by: NorfolkImp, January 29, 2021, 10:18am; Reply: 92
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Feel like this is his last chance at that level, really really hope it works for the lad!!

I assume he'll be available for our clash on Saturday, and it'll be interesting if Moore changes a winning side to accommodate him immediately ... I'll let you know how he gets on.

Posted by: RonMariner, January 29, 2021, 11:08am; Reply: 93
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Another of my dreams in tatters.....
Posted by: coddy60, January 29, 2021, 11:13am; Reply: 94
Signed 18 month deal at Donny
Posted by: ginnywings, January 29, 2021, 11:40am; Reply: 95
Was never going to come back here. Think Doncaster are about his level right now.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 29, 2021, 11:48am; Reply: 96
Quoted from ginnywings
Was never going to come back here. Think Doncaster are about his level right now.

They are higher than Charlton in the table!
Posted by: buckstown, January 29, 2021, 11:50am; Reply: 97
He’s working his way back up here. Late July he’ll be signing on a season long loan deal
Posted by: jaygy, January 29, 2021, 11:51am; Reply: 98
Thank god that's over.....Omar is a great player for our level but we were never going to get him back here and I'm just glad he hasn't joined one of the big spenders in league 2 and hopefully he can do the business for donny and get his career back on track
Posted by: ginnywings, January 29, 2021, 11:58am; Reply: 99
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

They are higher than Charlton in the table!

Yes, I'm aware of that but there's not much in it. They obviously feel he's right for them, whereas Charlton didn't. Just think League 1 is about right for him if he can find a club with the right fit.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 29, 2021, 12:13pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from jaygy
Thank god that's over.....Omar is a great player for our level but we were never going to get him back here and I'm just glad he hasn't joined one of the big spenders in league 2 and hopefully he can do the business for donny and get his career back on track

Couldn't agree more. Thank f*ck he's signed for someone and we don't have to listen to any more speculation about him. He was never going to sign for us in a month of Sundays.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 29, 2021, 12:51pm; Reply: 101
If Donny have signed him and hes not going to be first choice straight away, can we get him on loan?
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 29, 2021, 2:00pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from jaygy
Thank god that's over

It won't be over until he retires.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:24pm