Northbank Mariner
January 23, 2021, 4:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from smokey111

Somewhat bitter. Division 2 at best? He was almost unplayable at times after we went up. 19 in 27 says that he was a stand out division 2 player, when we were hardly tearing it up as a team. It almost as if some take pleasure in pulling apart Bogle.

It's not about pulling Bogle apart Smokey, it's an honest appraisal of how career has planned out.
I said before, he's a superb league 2 striker and that's it, league 2, that's his level.
I think a lot of us honestly thought we'd found the next Vardy but it turns out he isn't and never will be yet Dembele has gone and kicked on.
Some players can do it at a higher level and some can't, Bogle sits in the latter I'm afraid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 102
LocalLadGTFC
January 23, 2021, 4:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3,934
Gold Stars: 129
Can't believe what i've read on this forum, he scored more goals in half a season than anyone has in a full season for Grimsby in the league in the past 21 years. Detrimental to our play? Bogle in that half season was on Reddy's level for being unplayable, he was a cheat code and I think a lot of people forget that.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 51 - 102
GrimExile
January 23, 2021, 4:55pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Mind you he’s got more to him than the clueless idiots we’ve got upfront at the moment!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 102
Humbercod
January 23, 2021, 5:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Would be nice to think the new guys running the club could put together a package to bring him back to his spiritual home, at least until the end of season. I’ve no doubts he’d be back smashing the ball into the back of the bet.
Or maybe that’s just wishful thinking😕
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 102
Northbank Mariner
January 23, 2021, 5:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Humbercod
Would be nice to think the new guys running the club could put together a package to bring him back to his spiritual home, at least until the end of season. I’ve no doubts he’d be back smashing the ball into the back of the bet.
Or maybe that’s just wishful thinking😕

Without service he's no chance, we can't even out a decent cross in or a defence splitting through ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 102
Humbercod
January 23, 2021, 5:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Without service he's no chance, we can't even out a decent cross in or a defence splitting through ball.

Yeah there is that, Vardy wouldn’t get a sniff in this team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 102
Abdul19
January 23, 2021, 5:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Can't believe what i've read on this forum, he scored more goals in half a season than anyone has in a full season for Grimsby in the league in the past 21 years. Detrimental to our play? Bogle in that half season was on Reddy's level for being unplayable, he was a cheat code and I think a lot of people forget that.

Well over 30 I think.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 102
bawarmy
January 23, 2021, 5:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,962
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from livvo
More impressive than Blundell Park? I doubt that very much 😉

It’s a nice stadium, purpose built . I’ve been and watched a couple of their games. I saw an ageing schweinsteiger play for Chicago against them and he run the show. Also saw David Villa ,Pirlo and Jack Harrison play for NYC so I think the standard is a bit better than league 2 but Bradley wright Phillips was their top player for years so Bogle might be ok. I think it’s his last chance though if he does go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 102
gtfc_akpa_akpro
January 23, 2021, 5:49pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 9
I’m hearing whispers this evening that Bogle is eager to come back to Town and is actively seeking out the new owners to be brought home. He’s stated as saying that he really wants to be involved in a relegation scrap, would love to take at least a 50% pay cut for the privilege and misses the smell of fish. (All said in my best sarcastic voice)

Bogle would be the talisman like my “Fishy” username namesake. Sadly, he won’t come back and the problems run deeper than resigning Bogle

i would really like to know biccys favourite biscuit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 102
arryarryarry
January 23, 2021, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from smokey111

He would be perfect. Plenty of bottle, willing runner and decent scoring record.

What decent scoring record (LJL), apart from one season with us with a number of penalties, his scoring record for a forward has been pretty cack.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bogle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.