Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League at risk
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 336 Guests

National League at risk

This thread currently has 155,794 views. Print
90 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 26, 2021, 9:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from It Bites
It was farcical to start the season . They must of known that fans wouldn't be allowed in en mass till at least sept 21 . If I knew it how come they didn't . I stated on here back in April that no fans would be in BP till September 21 at the earliest .

They did know that. The funding was to take them to the end of December. The problem arose when the second wave kicked in and the next lot of funding was in the form of loans and not grants as the NL bods led them to believe.

Poor governance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 899
Epworth Mariner
January 26, 2021, 9:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +646
Gold Stars: 57
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55818377

Just released.......

The great escape is still on........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 899
GrimRob
January 26, 2021, 9:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
So basically the government have paid £10m for half a football season in three divisions which is then basically wiped from the record books. They'll then have to pay even more to furlough the players and staff who would have played out the rest of the season and at least contributed to the football timeline.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 172 - 899
ginnywings
January 26, 2021, 9:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Would be poetic if we were saved by 'loans'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 899
KingstonMariner
January 26, 2021, 9:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob
So basically the government have paid £10m for half a football season in three divisions which is then basically wiped from the record books. They'll then have to pay even more to furlough the players and staff who would have played out the rest of the season and at least contributed to the football timeline.

We know there is no compass of any kind in this government’s policy making. It seems they just follow whatever they were told last.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 899
Mariner_09
January 26, 2021, 10:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I still think someone from somewhere will find this cash and the season will finish in the NL. It's just too good to be true if we are saved by that.

The hypothetical scenarios thereon are interesting to speculate about. One, the season becomes irrelevant for about 1/3 of the league and they'll all just be preparing for next season, players playing for contracts, no real necessity for results. Secondly, there will be a shed load of NL players who could be plucked for cheap if cash is that tight down there. Hopefully, Hursty with his knowledge of that level could cherry-pick some of the best ones for us, provided the takeover has gone through and we have a bigger budget than we've reckoned to have of late.

We obviously need to avoid a repeat of the reprieve we got last time. At least Hurst isn't Newell and his signings won't be akin to Barry Conlon!

If miraculously this happens I won't feel great about it because we would effectively have robbed Torquay of their L2 place but that's a small price to pay and I suspect it's our only hope. This is the worst group of players ever. It's worse than the one that nearly got us relegated 3 years ago and that was worse than the one that did get us relegated.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 899
arryarryarry
January 26, 2021, 10:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mariner_09
I still think someone from somewhere will find this cash and the season will finish in the NL. It's just too good to be true if we are saved by that.

The hypothetical scenarios thereon are interesting to speculate about. One, the season becomes irrelevant for about 1/3 of the league and they'll all just be preparing for next season, players playing for contracts, no real necessity for results. Secondly, there will be a shed load of NL players who could be plucked for cheap if cash is that tight down there. Hopefully, Hursty with his knowledge of that level could cherry-pick some of the best ones for us, provided the takeover has gone through and we have a bigger budget than we've reckoned to have of late.

We obviously need to avoid a repeat of the reprieve we got last time. At least Hurst isn't Newell and his signings won't be akin to Barry Conlon!

If miraculously this happens I won't feel great about it because we would effectively have robbed Torquay of their L2 place but that's a small price to pay and I suspect it's our only hope. This is the worst group of players ever. It's worse than the one that nearly got us relegated 3 years ago and that was worse than the one that did get us relegated.

What's to say that the  N.L. won't curtail the season and have the clubs that finish at the top still allowed to be promoted or have they amended their rules after last season?
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 899
ginnywings
January 26, 2021, 10:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from arryarryarry

What's to say that the  N.L. won't curtail the season and have the clubs that finish at the top still allowed to be promoted or have they amended their rules after last season?

Doubt the EFL would allow them into the league. Some have only played 14 or 15 games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 899
supertown
January 26, 2021, 10:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,440
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from arryarryarry

Bit unrealistic, some have only played 14 games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 899
TownSNAFU5
January 26, 2021, 11:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
We will see what the outcome is.  In the BBC report I like phases like “overwhelming majority” (of clubs) and “a well-place said that the league is a mess”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 899
90 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League at risk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.