4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
January 18, 2021, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,637
Gold Stars: 1,504
Shrewsbury manager in intensive care with Covid. It's surprised me that it's taken this long for someone in English football's inner circle to become seriously ill - not everyone involved in the game is a super-fit twenty-something.

The Premier League and EFL seem intent on persisting with this season, but you have to wonder if more cases of serious illness (or worse) might force them into a change in tact.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
January 18, 2021, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Update: apparently was in intensive care, now out of it but still in hospital recovering.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
monkeyboy
January 18, 2021, 11:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Update. Probably several people from football world in hospital for various reasons and illnesses.

Let’s crack on with the season and stop scaremongering and making people frightened ffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
ginnywings
January 18, 2021, 11:25am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Season should be scrapped. It's rubbish without fans anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
diehardmariner
January 18, 2021, 11:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,650
Gold Stars: 539
Incredibly worrying.

Hope Cotterill makes a full recovery.  

Trying to say this without sounding insensitive, but if he was a Premier League manager/player it would be front page news with every pundit going calling for the curtailing of the season.  I think at the lower levels is when it surely becomes even more difficult to maintain social distance just because of the size of facilities.  I mean, anyone who has been in the dressing rooms at Blundell Park will know that it's virtually impossible with only a handful of people in there.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
diehardmariner
January 18, 2021, 11:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,650
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from monkeyboy
Update. Probably several people from football world in hospital for various reasons and illnesses.

Let’s crack on with the season and stop scaremongering and making people frightened ffs

Let's lick the trolley handles in Asda whilst we're at it?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
DB
January 18, 2021, 11:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,039
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from ginnywings
Season should be scrapped. It's rubbish without fans anyway.

Couldn't agree with you more. Small club (with a big heart) like Grimsby get penalised for covid yet prem stars can do what they like. Stop the season, null and void, get us all vaccinated and start afresh in August, crowds in and start a proper season.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
Northbank Mariner
January 18, 2021, 11:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,521
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from monkeyboy

Wrong reply in my eyes...without getting political, this virus is a b@stard, I know several, youngish healthy individuals shove had it now. Not killed them but they have told me it kicks the cr@p out of you for weeks and the brain fog is horrendous.
Now, if you are prepared to expose young, healthy, fit footballer's, their families, elders to that risk then that's your opinion, mine is there comes a point when it's not practicable to carry on the season, that point has been reached, imo..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
LH
January 18, 2021, 11:58am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,544
Gold Stars: 173
Mikel Arteta tested positive in March last year and football was cancelled. I assume the same thing will happen again now things have been slightly worse for one of his fellow members of the LMA.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
Poojah
January 18, 2021, 11:58am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from monkeyboy

Scaremongering? I'm reporting that the manager of another club has become seriously ill thanks to a novel virus that's doing the rounds, and suggesting that similar instances might have ramifications for this season.

Where's the point in pretending that Covid isn't something to be frightened of? Whether you're old and medically vulnerable or young and economically vulnerable, it's scary stuff for all of us whether you like it or not. Sorry for not sugar coating it for you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Steve Cotterill

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.