DB
January 18, 2021, 12:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,996
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from DB

Couldn't agree with you more. Small club (with a big heart) like Grimsby get penalised for covid yet prem stars can do what they like. Stop the season, null and void, get us all vaccinated and start afresh in August, crowds in and start a proper season.

I don't know the coward who gave this post a red cross, but he/she couldn't be bothered to write why. A red cross means you have disagreed.

I have therefore to conclude that a forumite want Grimsby to be be fined, but not Prem stars for their actions. They want the season to carry on and more player, staff etc get covid. They don't want everybody to be vaccinated and don't want crowds to return for a normal season of football at BP.

Red cross person you are entitled to your views, as is everybody. But why be such a negative ar.. hole; a thought came to me your not a fan but a Scunny Fan.

I like the majority on this site may differ in our views but we all want the best for town And if we disagree we say why, or praise other comments which we agree with. You gutless spineless moron, you have nothing but contempt for true fans and can only hide your identity behind a red cross.

No doubt upon reading this you will add to your cowardness unless you want to come clean.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 18, 2021, 12:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from monkeyboy

Let’s crack on with the season and stop scaremongering and making people frightened ffs

Scaremongering??

My dad died because of COVID. It’s frightening because of the amount of people that have been affected both directly and indirectly by this awful virus.

Think about what your putting before pressing post!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 18, 2021, 12:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
Season should be scrapped. It's rubbish without fans anyway.

Definitely rubbish without points Ginny!

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
DB
January 18, 2021, 12:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,996
Gold Stars: 386

Definitely rubbish without points Ginny!

And your alternative is?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
Poojah
January 18, 2021, 1:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,469
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Scaremongering??

My dad died because of COVID. It’s frightening because of the amount of people that have been affected both directly and indirectly by this awful virus.

Really sorry to hear that mate. All the best to you and your family.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
January 18, 2021, 1:15pm
Guest User
Scaremongering? Oh yes because the government would almost cripple the economy for the sake of it. Oh yes because the 70,000 excess deaths last year compared to the average from the previous 10 years was just a fluke. Oh yes because the nurses who are working 16 hour shifts in Scunny to cope with the demand coming in are lying and  I suppose they  just want the overtime. I’m not a Tory  but when the government talks about the dangers and severity of the virus which has claimed 3 lives to people I know then I believe them. Up the NHS and up the Vaccine.
Reply: 15 - 38
Bigdog
January 18, 2021, 1:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Scaremongering??

Deepest condolences..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
Withnail
January 18, 2021, 1:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Scaremongering??

So sorry to hear this Woz. Thoughts are with you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 18, 2021, 1:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
It was back in September but thanks for the kind messages

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
RichMariner
January 18, 2021, 1:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
1 in 50 people in the UK had covid, according to the news last week - 1 in 30 if you lived in London. That is truly staggering.

I regard myself as a relatively healthy (if not fit) 30-something, but I have no idea how my body would react if I contracted the virus. There have been plenty of people my age or younger who have struggled or, very sadly, died because of the complications the virus can trigger.

I don't understand how football is allowed to continue. The crackdown on celebrations is moot given how teams huddle together in dressing rooms and even at set pieces. There are loads of instances where the virus can be passed on in a game of football, and addressing one of them isn't going to solve all the others.

My condolences go out to anyone who has lost a loved one because of this virus. Literally millions of people have died because of covid worldwide, and the government/FA insist on it continuing for what?

I don't watch MOTD as much as I used to. I don't watch any of the live games because they're all much of a muchness. Just take it away, protect more people, and bring it back when the world is ready. I'm football mad but I could live without it until it's ready to return properly.

It seems every decision that is being made in football has an eye on the Euros. Stuff the Euros. I remember Super Saturday when Team GB won all those golds at the London Olympics, so I know how sport can rouse a nation and bring us together... but we can't be together, and sport can't bring us together, so what's the point? Rhetorical - I'm aware of the commercial implications.

I get that the government and FA think they're keeping the morale of the country up by giving us elite football, but it's really sad that we're even having to have this discussion when so many people have died.

Like DHM said, if Cotterill was a PL manager there would be a serious discussion about the future of elite football happening on every radio phone-in show and every news/sports channel. As it is, we have what we have, and it all feels a bit dangerous and unnecessary.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Steve Cotterill

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.