4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
January 18, 2021, 1:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
I had Covid last April. Floored me for about six weeks. Beggars belief that they even bothered to start the season to be honest.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
ginnywings
January 18, 2021, 2:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I watched Manyoo v the Scousers yesterday, and that is about as elite as it gets; two of the biggest clubs in the world, and without the fans it was just cr@p. I get that they have to fulfil financial obligations and would have their TV money pulled if they didn't play, but sport at the moment without fans is just pathetic.

Clubs at our level haven't got the same commitments to the money men and I really can't see the point of plodding on with it without fans and free movement.

This has nothing to do with our position, because if we go down, then so be it, I fully agree with promotion and relegation, the game is pointless without it. I doubt the National League will finish anyway, so we would probably get a reprieve like Stevenage did last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
GollyGTFC
January 18, 2021, 3:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from LH
Mikel Arteta tested positive in March last year and football was cancelled. I assume the same thing will happen again now things have been slightly worse for one of his fellow members of the LMA.

No.

Because there are now protocols in place and stadia and training grounds have been adjusted so that they are safer.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 38
louth_in_the_south
January 18, 2021, 4:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Football is utterly sh.ite in its current form and is only going ahead because the PL would be crippled by foreign tv demanding repayments

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
FishOutOfWater
January 18, 2021, 4:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from DB

I don't know the coward who gave this post a red cross, but he/she couldn't be bothered to write why. A red cross means you have disagreed.

I have therefore to conclude that a forumite want Grimsby to be be fined, but not Prem stars for their actions. They want the season to carry on and more player, staff etc get covid. They don't want everybody to be vaccinated and don't want crowds to return for a normal season of football at BP.

Red cross person you are entitled to your views, as is everybody. But why be such a negative ar.. hole; a thought came to me your not a fan but a Scunny Fan.

I like the majority on this site may differ in our views but we all want the best for town And if we disagree we say why, or praise other comments which we agree with. You gutless spineless moron, you have nothing but contempt for true fans and can only hide your identity behind a red cross.

No doubt upon reading this you will add to your cowardness unless you want to come clean.

Not everyone who comes on here is a Town fan DB so you have to expect some level of disagreement and to be given an x every now and again.... the intruders are clearly not as savvy as we are!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 38
FishOutOfWater
January 18, 2021, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GollyGTFC

No.

Because there are now protocols in place and stadia and training grounds have been adjusted so that they are safer.

Socially distanced oches by any chance?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 38
DB
January 18, 2021, 4:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Not everyone who comes on here DB is a Town fan so you have to expect some level of disagreement and to be given an x every now and again.... they're clearly not as savvy as we are!  

Thank you, I falsely assumed that all people on here were sensible.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
ginnywings
January 18, 2021, 4:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
16 new covid cases in the Prem, it's just been reported.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
KingstonMariner
January 18, 2021, 5:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Scaremongering??

My dad died because of COVID. It’s frightening because of the amount of people that have been affected both directly and indirectly by this awful virus.

Think about what your putting before pressing post!

Sorry to hear that Woz. Never easy, but in these circumstances with restrictions on visiting patients and limits on funerals (could only have 10 at my mum's last April) it gives it an extra twist of the knife.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
LH
January 18, 2021, 7:34pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from GollyGTFC

No.

That was a very sarcastic comment by me. Here’s another: Those protocols are clearly working.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Steve Cotterill

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.