Stadium
December 27, 2020, 5:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from ginnywings
Seeing as they have to write to some of the members to ballot them, we could have new owners by then given the state of the postal service right now.

Agree.
Could bypass them completely.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
Yoda
December 27, 2020, 5:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Is the ballot for how to give 200 grand away for nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
arryarryarry
December 27, 2020, 8:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Perkins
Although im a member of the Trust, i have never taken any active involvement, and perhaps like other Members i should have done so.
Ive spent half my life being involved in the machinations of commitees, elections, ballots, and all that goes with it, i had decided i'd had enough and didnt wish to be involved with it anymore. whats the point of being up aginst the barricade, only to look back and find the support you were promised has gone? It's no good griping and whinging about the people who were elected to a position if we couldn't care enough to be bothered to cast our vote, and that includes myself.
No organisation can run without the involvement of it's Members, otherwise it becomes a Dictatorship, and we have all seen that happening at our Club.
Some people want positions in an organisation for their own self interest, some because they feel they should, but in my experience most agree to do it because no one else is willing to do it. I don't know about the present Trust Committee, I don't know them, perhaps I should, but, we are where we are with two members on the Board, only there as a result of handing over to JF the shares that were freely given to the Trust by Michael Parker, rather than letting JF get his hands on them.

Unfortunately he got them anyway, I didnt vote for that either, perhaps I should have cast my vote then, but I didnt, but I will this time, just to keep those two Trust Members on the board, whoever they are now, or who they may be in the future, at the very least to have some sort of input on behalf of the supporters they are there to represent, and to watch over proceedings, otherwise JF will have won, and that gift of shares to the Trust will have been in vain.
But it's also the duty of Trust Members to become more active, or, "Who Will Watch The Watchers"

Well they didn't have much influence in stopping that criminal getting into B.P.

Or didn't they think the supporters would be outraged?
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
MrFisherman
December 27, 2020, 8:15pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: -168
I'll send the Trust some carrier pigeons  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Perkins
December 27, 2020, 8:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry

Well they didn't have much influence in stopping that criminal getting into B.P.

Or didn't they think the supporters would be outraged?

Choosing to pick out one singular part of a sentence is quite pedantic, but much to be expected.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
arryarryarry
December 27, 2020, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Perkins

Choosing to pick out one singular part of a sentence is quite pedantic, but much to be expected.

It was a serious question to a point you made but obviously cannot back your statement up by answering it.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
SomeSanity
December 27, 2020, 9:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
I'm quite indifferent about the Trust right now but,

It wasn't the Trust that handed the shares over it was the membership. I am a lifetime member of the Trust and voted in favour (regrettably) of the transfer. I was under the impression that JF  threatened to sell our star players unless he got what he wanted. Like a lot of fans, I panicked and voted in favour.

How do we know they didn't play a part in the 'May Gate' uncovering?

We know they have certainly played a part in facilitating talks between the Day and the consortium. If the takeover is successful then the Trust will have played a part in the clubs new era.

If the takeover is to be completed then naturally it suits the Trust to be part of this new board.

I think by not publically outing May they have shown the prospective new owners they can keep to an NDA.

Perhaps someone from the Trust could clarify, is there a maximum number of years someone can serve on the Trust board?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
Perkins
December 27, 2020, 9:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry

It was a serious question to a point you made but obviously cannot back your statement up by answering it.

I'm sorry mate if i misinterpreted your post , the point you referred to is not something i considered in my original post about the trust and i cant answer it, only the Trust Board Members can, but i would doubt that they had much to do with May's invitation, but everything to do with alerting certain people about it.
I would also assume that the person who had been a guest of Her Majesty was also by invitation a guest of His Majesty King John.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust to ballot its members

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.