Croxton
December 26, 2020, 7:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from arryarryarry

Dodgy stuff? You mean like accepting a crook into the boardroom.

They should have stood down when that twit was brought in.

I don't know why you assume the Trust reps could have known everything about May's dealings with Fenty. They may well have had reservations but were hampered by confidentiality issues. If they had spoken publicly they could well have been voted off, leaving fans totally unrepresented.

The ballot has much more weight if the two seats on the board are retained and they have a clear mandate in favour of the club sale, manager appointment and chairmanship.
There are many avenues of attack available. EFL scrutiny of the club's governorship, Shareholders meetings, Fans forums, boycotts, peaceful protests, FOI requests and much more, preferably under one banner.

The Trust reps are our voice on the inside. They do not need to be the principal actors in a campaign. This has to proceed on several levels, the more local, the better. If the friends of Fenty think that the heat on social media is mainly driven by bolshy exiles and that only locals truly appreciate how Fenty 'saved' the club then a wave of new Trust memberships from N.Lincs would be powerful and a driver for local media coverage.

Keep the Seats!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
KingstonMariner
December 26, 2020, 7:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
As ever you have hit the nail on the head Croxton.

The Trust needs to be driven by home-based fans. Not become a project led by us nostalgic exiles.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
Stadium
December 26, 2020, 8:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Who knows? There’s probably many of us who acquired membership, like me, through season tickets, and don’t know where they stand.

Well I'm sure somebody associated with them either here or externally could produce the number?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
moosey_club
December 26, 2020, 9:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Just a thought.......could this be driven by the pro Fenty part of the trust ?   If they resign those positions now it would work very well for JF,Day & Co wouldnt it ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
KingstonMariner
December 26, 2020, 11:42pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Just a thought.......could this be driven by the pro Fenty part of the trust ?   If they resign those positions now it would work very well for JF,Day & Co wouldnt it ?

Could be. Your option to make your mind up and vote.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
arryarryarry
December 27, 2020, 1:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Croxton

I don't know why you assume the Trust reps could have known everything about May's dealings with Fenty. They may well have had reservations but were hampered by confidentiality issues. If they had spoken publicly they could well have been voted off, leaving fans totally unrepresented.

The ballot has much more weight if the two seats on the board are retained and they have a clear mandate in favour of the club sale, manager appointment and chairmanship.
There are many avenues of attack available. EFL scrutiny of the club's governorship, Shareholders meetings, Fans forums, boycotts, peaceful protests, FOI requests and much more, preferably under one banner.

The Trust reps are our voice on the inside. They do not need to be the principal actors in a campaign. This has to proceed on several levels, the more local, the better. If the friends of Fenty think that the heat on social media is mainly driven by bolshy exiles and that only locals truly appreciate how Fenty 'saved' the club then a wave of new Trust memberships from N.Lincs would be powerful and a driver for local media coverage.

Keep the Seats!

I never mentioned anything about John Fenty's dealings with this crook, I said about allowing a crook into the boardroom and didn't Mr Day say that all the board members knew about his past.

The moment he was accepted into Blundell Park and that they knew about this bloke's criminal past and that he wanted to invest in GTFC was the time they should have left the board and made it clear why they did so.

Once they had left the board they could have said why and the confidentialty agreement would haven't applied.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
Stadium
December 27, 2020, 2:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
So does anybody know the membership numbers for a group which could have potential influence & input into any sort of takeover??

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
Perkins
December 27, 2020, 5:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
Although im a member of the Trust, i have never taken any active involvement, and perhaps like other Members i should have done so.
Ive spent half my life being involved in the machinations of commitees, elections, ballots, and all that goes with it, i had decided i'd had enough and didnt wish to be involved with it anymore. whats the point of being up aginst the barricade, only to look back and find the support you were promised has gone? It's no good griping and whinging about the people who were elected to a position if we couldn't care enough to be bothered to cast our vote, and that includes myself.
No organisation can run without the involvement of it's Members, otherwise it becomes a Dictatorship, and we have all seen that happening at our Club.
Some people want positions in an organisation for their own self interest, some because they feel they should, but in my experience most agree to do it because no one else is willing to do it. I don't know about the present Trust Committee, I don't know them, perhaps I should, but, we are where we are with two members on the Board, only there as a result of handing over to JF the shares that were freely given to the Trust by Michael Parker, rather than letting JF get his hands on them.

Unfortunately he got them anyway, I didnt vote for that either, perhaps I should have cast my vote then, but I didnt, but I will this time, just to keep those two Trust Members on the board, whoever they are now, or who they may be in the future, at the very least to have some sort of input on behalf of the supporters they are there to represent, and to watch over proceedings, otherwise JF will have won, and that gift of shares to the Trust will have been in vain.
But it's also the duty of Trust Members to become more active, or, "Who Will Watch The Watchers"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
KingstonMariner
December 27, 2020, 5:14pm
Meths Drinker
Well said Perkins

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
ginnywings
December 27, 2020, 5:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Seeing as they have to write to some of the members to ballot them, we could have new owners by then given the state of the postal service right now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust to ballot its members

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.