4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
December 26, 2020, 3:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
How many Town fans are members of the Trust? A tiny percentage.

Nothing the Trust will say or do will ever change my mind that Mr Fenty is the worst ever owner of GTFC and should step down.

This is what gets me down about member organisations - they think they wield more influence than is the case.

Then they argue - well join the Trust then. No, I don't want to join the bloody Trust and even if I did it would not make a scrap of difference at Fenty towers.

The wider Town fan base will show Mr Fenty he is not wanted at GTFC, and the only realistic way of outing him is a takeover from people with access to a great deal of investment.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 37
ginnywings
December 26, 2020, 3:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,123
Gold Stars: 548

Nothing the Trust will say or do will ever change my mind that Mr Fenty is the worst ever owner of GTFC and should step down.

This is what gets me down about member organisations - they think they wield more influence than is the case.

Then they argue - well join the Trust then. No, I don't want to join the bloody Trust and even if I did it would not make a scrap of difference at Fenty towers.

The wider Town fan base will show Mr Fenty he is not wanted at GTFC, and the only realistic way of outing him is a takeover from people with access to a great deal of investment.

But they could also be the group to rally around if we want someone to get a financial campaign going to oust the board. They have far more knowledge of how the club runs than your average fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 37
lew chaterleys lover
December 26, 2020, 4:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

But they could also be the group to rally around if we want someone to get a financial campaign going to oust the board. They have far more knowledge of how the club runs than your average fan.

If a high powered consortium of leading business people with access to enormous investment cannot oust him, I am pretty sure a well-meaning but nonetheless futile fans organisation could.

I am sure we all still urge the parties to come to a compromise to get the deal over the line as in my opinion at least, that is the best way to get rid of him whilst keeping the ship fairly steady.

A fans led group will be years of infighting and vitriol, and we have had a belly full of that already.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
grimsby pete
December 26, 2020, 4:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
The trust duo should step down.

Then the trust should contact Shutes, Stockdale and Petit and inform them the trust and vast majority of fans want them to take over from the cretin in charge.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
moosey_club
December 26, 2020, 5:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
DO NOT RESIGN THE POSITIONS ON THE BOARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trust have rolled over once....DO NOT ...do it again.

The current situation is temporary...........the board positions are permanent.

DO NOT RESIGN THE POSITIONS ON THE BOARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
mariner91
December 26, 2020, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,643
Gold Stars: 261
Stay on the board or else who knows what dodgy stuff they’ll push through. BUT the balloting should be along the lines of are you in favour of Fenty leaving the club then the trust need to take a vocal and public anti-Fenty stance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
Stadium
December 26, 2020, 5:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

What is the current membership number?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
MuddyWaters
December 26, 2020, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,239
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Stadium

What is the current membership number?

Who knows? There’s probably many of us who acquired membership, like me, through season tickets, and don’t know where they stand.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
headingly_mariner
December 26, 2020, 6:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Stay on the board. Publicly oppose Fenty’s ownership.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
arryarryarry
December 26, 2020, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from mariner91
Stay on the board or else who knows what dodgy stuff they’ll push through. BUT the balloting should be along the lines of are you in favour of Fenty leaving the club then the trust need to take a vocal and public anti-Fenty stance

Dodgy stuff? You mean like accepting a crook into the boardroom.

They should have stood down when that twit was brought in.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust to ballot its members

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.