GrimExile
November 27, 2020, 5:23pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
One can only wonder what the chaos would have been like if Jeremy Corbyn was PM. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
ginnywings
November 27, 2020, 5:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
It's fecking crazy. My nieces wife is a hairdresser. She wasn't allowed to work in tier 2, but she can now we are entering tier 3, as can other non essential businesses. Tier 3 was supposed to be 'tougher' but it seems that doesn't apply to the economy. Saves the government having to pay these people now they are back at work, but I don't suppose for one minute that was in their thinking.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
ska face
November 27, 2020, 6:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from GrimExile
One can only wonder what the chaos would have been like if Jeremy Corbyn was PM. #UTM

Things would’ve been much worse for this bloke at least -

https://www.theguardian.com/wo.....ter-whatsapp-message
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
louth_in_the_south
November 27, 2020, 6:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,686
Gold Stars: 96
It’s fooking easy being an amateur politician. I have no faith in the Tories or New Labour ( no difference between them they should just amalgamate like Dagenham & Redbridge) . The other parties are just a waste of time ... but I’d be looking like Boris if I had to try and make decisions that would attempt to keep businesses afloat and not cause even more spread of the pandemic.
FWIW I’d just tell the nation to crack on and attempt social distancing , wash hands , work from home etc etc and let the virus take who can’t fight it until the vaccine is rolled out .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
The Yard Dog
November 27, 2020, 8:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from promotion plaice

I think Nigel Clough makes a fair point here.

"Mansfield Town boss Nigel Clough says new tier restrictions give some League Two sides an unfair advantage.

Stags will have to play Crawley behind closed doors on 5th December after Nottinghamshire was placed under tier 3 restrictions.

But Mansfield will face back-to-back away games at Cambridge United and Carlisle United in front of home fans.

“It is very unfair,” said Clough. “I’m delighted fans are allowed in some places, but it's unfair on other clubs.

“Football should be an even playing field and, until all clubs can have fans back, no-one should be allowed back in.

“It gives home fans an advantage in those areas. I’m not sure, at the top level, what it will be like if you let 2,000 in at Arsenal and places like that.
“You won't notice a difference, but you will at our level.

“Cambridge and Carlisle will have fans allowed in, but we won't be for our home games so it's unfair.

“The irony is we pushed the Cambridge game back 24 hours due to the FA Cup game and if we hadn’t done that there wouldn’t be fans in the ground.”

Its a bit rich, were Mansfield one of the clubs, signing players before salary cap came into enforce, after lockdown.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
Garth
November 27, 2020, 8:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Not sure anyone is saying NEL should not be in T3, but the faux care that Johnson shows for the North is just balderdash and as BobbyCummings just said, we are here because of a catalogue of truly awful errors that have left us with the worst death rate in Europe. People have flipping died because of these male masturbators and he still wants to govern us by slogans.

Back to T3 there has been nothing published as to why areas are in it and more pertinently no guidance as to how to get out of it.

Absolute rubbish, stop playing politics, this virus never came with a book of instructions .its new and the whole world was learning as it went on the rampage, those who were seemingly escaping it gradually got dragged in to the fray,
Its easy to say that a Labour goverment would have done better, truth is we will never know, but one thing is for sure its not been for the lack of trying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
Manchester Mariner
November 27, 2020, 8:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Anyone else nostalgic for the halcyon days of the early covid conferences with Patrick Vallance casually saying a death toll of 20,000 would be a 'good outcome' whilst Boris Johnson babbled on with his cheeky smile about 'squashing the sombrero'?

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
moosey_club
November 27, 2020, 9:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from promotion plaice

I think Nigel Clough makes a fair point here.

"Mansfield Town boss Nigel Clough says new tier restrictions give some League Two sides an unfair advantage.

Stags will have to play Crawley behind closed doors on 5th December after Nottinghamshire was placed under tier 3 restrictions.

But Mansfield will face back-to-back away games at Cambridge United and Carlisle United in front of home fans.

“It is very unfair,” said Clough. “I’m delighted fans are allowed in some places, but it's unfair on other clubs.

“Football should be an even playing field and, until all clubs can have fans back, no-one should be allowed back in.

“It gives home fans an advantage in those areas. I’m not sure, at the top level, what it will be like if you let 2,000 in at Arsenal and places like that.
“You won't notice a difference, but you will at our level.

“Cambridge and Carlisle will have fans allowed in, but we won't be for our home games so it's unfair.

“The irony is we pushed the Cambridge game back 24 hours due to the FA Cup game and if we hadn’t done that there wouldn’t be fans in the ground.”

Getting his excuses in early i reckon.
I wonder how many managers will use the same defence over the coming months.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
Theimperialcoroner
November 27, 2020, 10:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,208
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Garth

Absolute rubbish, stop playing politics, this virus never came with a book of instructions .its new and the whole world was learning as it went on the rampage, those who were seemingly escaping it gradually got dragged in to the fray,
Its easy to say that a Labour goverment would have done better, truth is we will never know, but one thing is for sure its not been for the lack of trying

We have the worst death rate in Europe and that sits entirely at the door of this government. That’s absolutely playing politics because it’s about people dying as a result of the ideology and the incompetence of this government.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
aldi_01
November 27, 2020, 10:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from moosey_club

Getting his excuses in early i reckon.
I wonder how many managers will use the same defence over the coming months.

We’re the professional excuse makers this season, just another one to add to the repertoire...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tier 3

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.