Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, November 26, 2020, 12:14pm
So we are in tier 3 so no spectators allowed, but the London and surrounding areas can as they in tier 1 or 2.  Something is rotten me thinks
Posted by: barrattstandman, November 26, 2020, 12:18pm; Reply: 1
No surprise . We were the 4th worst in the country .
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 26, 2020, 12:20pm; Reply: 2
The Blonde anus and his chums do not give a excrement about the North and all the saps who voted for him had best own their shite because it’s about to get a whole lot worse when Brexit happens next month. Sunak did not mention it once so you know just how flipping horrible it’s going to be for the economy.
Posted by: pontoonlew, November 26, 2020, 12:23pm; Reply: 3
Grimsby needed to be in the list let’s not shy away from that. Some of that list is an absolute joke, laughable that they’re promoting their own tactics by putting Liverpool in tier 2. Would they be there if that wasn’t where their mass testing project was? Would they balderdash
Posted by: GYinScuntland, November 26, 2020, 2:41pm; Reply: 4
I've a job lot of cheap Isle of Wight ID cards if anyone is interested.
Posted by: ska face, November 26, 2020, 3:16pm; Reply: 5
Hope everyone enjoyed their half-price Nando’s in August, it was definitely worth it!  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Posh Harry, November 26, 2020, 4:41pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from pontoonlew
Grimsby needed to be in the list let’s not shy away from that. Some of that list is an absolute joke, laughable that they’re promoting their own tactics by putting Liverpool in tier 2. Would they be there if that wasn’t where their mass testing project was? Would they balderdash

Liverpool is at 137 cases per 100k, North East Lincs 366 so why would they not be in a different tier? Whether it’s due to mass testing or not are you suggesting they should be punished for reducing the rate down, and doing the right things as a community in order to do so?

How strange.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 26, 2020, 5:09pm; Reply: 7
So how do we get our rate down? Will mass testing happen here
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 26, 2020, 5:12pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Hagrid
So how do we get our rate down? Will mass testing happen here

Might help if people actually gave a sh.it about the guidelines on mixing from what I’ve been hearing from mates up there ....
Posted by: Eastendmariner, November 26, 2020, 6:22pm; Reply: 9
I've a job lot of cheap Isle of Wight ID cards if anyone is interested.

Town aren't playing on the isle of wight this season

but Colchester is closer  >:(
Posted by: blundellpork, November 26, 2020, 6:44pm; Reply: 10
Not surprised about London. I interact with businesses and people who work there. Huge numbers of commuters into the city are working from home across the country. As a result many of the streets, shops etc are incredibly quiet. Now contrast that with many of the local high streets, and supermarkets where too many people are carrying on regardless of Government guidelines.

I had expected the original 4 weeks to be extended to 5 or 6. Tier 3 is that extension in all but name.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 26, 2020, 7:09pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
So we are in tier 3 so no spectators allowed, but the London and surrounding areas can as they in tier 1 or 2.  Something is rotten me thinks

Never mind it all adds strength to Holloway's moan that Covid is to blame for absolutely everything, he can go on about that for a bit longer now

Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 26, 2020, 7:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Tangerine Chris

I’ll tell you what stinks. It’s your understanding of numbers. NEL has a much higher rate than London and the surrounding area. Also geography is not your strong point either is it? Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly and the Isle of Wight (the only Tier 1 areas) are not in the surrounding area of London.
Posted by: pontoonlew, November 27, 2020, 11:05am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Posh Harry

Liverpool is at 137 cases per 100k, North East Lincs 366 so why would they not be in a different tier? Whether it’s due to mass testing or not are you suggesting they should be punished for reducing the rate down, and doing the right things as a community in order to do so?

How strange.

No, I'm suggesting that the Tory government have once again absolutely shafted the north and Liverpool only got out of the firing line so the Tory's could use it as their own success story.

Liverpool absolutely should be in Tier 2, but London for example absolutely shouldn't.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 27, 2020, 12:03pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from pontoonlew

No, I'm suggesting that the Tory government have once again absolutely shafted the north and Liverpool only got out of the firing line so the Tory's could use it as their own success story.

Liverpool absolutely should be in Tier 2, but London for example absolutely shouldn't.

I hate the Tories as much as the next man. Maybe more. But I don’t think you can pin this specific issue on them.

London overall has a much lower rate than the Tier 3 areas. There’s only Havering and Redbridge in east London with over 300/100,000. And London has historically been generously provided with hospital beds compared to many areas, so there’s likely to be less strain on capacity. Plus it has one of those Nightingale facilities.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 27, 2020, 12:24pm; Reply: 15

I think Nigel Clough makes a fair point here.

"Mansfield Town boss Nigel Clough says new tier restrictions give some League Two sides an unfair advantage.

Stags will have to play Crawley behind closed doors on 5th December after Nottinghamshire was placed under tier 3 restrictions.

But Mansfield will face back-to-back away games at Cambridge United and Carlisle United in front of home fans.

“It is very unfair,” said Clough. “I’m delighted fans are allowed in some places, but it's unfair on other clubs.

“Football should be an even playing field and, until all clubs can have fans back, no-one should be allowed back in.

“It gives home fans an advantage in those areas. I’m not sure, at the top level, what it will be like if you let 2,000 in at Arsenal and places like that.
“You won't notice a difference, but you will at our level.

“Cambridge and Carlisle will have fans allowed in, but we won't be for our home games so it's unfair.

“The irony is we pushed the Cambridge game back 24 hours due to the FA Cup game and if we hadn’t done that there wouldn’t be fans in the ground.”

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, November 27, 2020, 12:32pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I hate the Tories as much as the next man. Maybe more. But I don’t think you can pin this specific issue on them.

London overall has a much lower rate than the Tier 3 areas. There’s only Havering and Redbridge in east London with over 300/100,000. And London has historically been generously provided with hospital beds compared to many areas, so there’s likely to be less strain on capacity. Plus it has one of those Nightingale facilities.

The Tories may not be responsible for Covid but they are 100% responsible for the UK's confused, late and irresponsible response to it.

- late to lockdown in March
- senior government figures (often unelected) ignoring lockdown restrictions
- Track and Trace app a disastrous farce
- Post lockdown #1 instructions leading directly to huge surges in numbers (universities going back, eat out to help out etc...)
- confusing and contradictory instructions about original Tier restrictions
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 27, 2020, 1:02pm; Reply: 17

The Tories may not be responsible for Covid but they are 100% responsible for the UK's confused, late and irresponsible response to it.

- late to lockdown in March
- senior government figures (often unelected) ignoring lockdown restrictions
- Track and Trace app a disastrous farce
- Post lockdown #1 instructions leading directly to huge surges in numbers (universities going back, eat out to help out etc...)
- confusing and contradictory instructions about original Tier restrictions

I totally agree BCT.

By ‘this specific issue’ I meant the decision on which tiers areas were placed in.  What I was saying is that I don’t think that the Tories could be criticised for sticking NEL in Tier 3 whilst other places are in Tier 2.

Assuming that there is broad agreement that having a tier system is the right strategy.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 27, 2020, 3:27pm; Reply: 18
Not sure anyone is saying NEL should not be in T3, but the faux care that Johnson shows for the North is just balderdash and as BobbyCummings just said, we are here because of a catalogue of truly awful errors that have left us with the worst death rate in Europe. People have flipping died because of these male masturbators and he still wants to govern us by slogans.

Back to T3 there has been nothing published as to why areas are in it and more pertinently no guidance as to how to get out of it.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 27, 2020, 5:11pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Not sure anyone is saying NEL should not be in T3, but the faux care that Johnson shows for the North is just balderdash and as BobbyCummings just said, we are here because of a catalogue of truly awful errors that have left us with the worst death rate in Europe. People have flipping died because of these male masturbators and he still wants to govern us by slogans.

Back to T3 there has been nothing published as to why areas are in it and more pertinently no guidance as to how to get out of it.

But someone said London not being in Tier 3 showed that the Tories were not being fair. There ARE lots of things that show that, but this tiering isn’t one of them. In a target rich environment, the poster who said that missed*!

(* One of our strikers no doubt 😉 )
Posted by: GrimExile, November 27, 2020, 5:23pm; Reply: 20
One can only wonder what the chaos would have been like if Jeremy Corbyn was PM. #UTM
Posted by: ginnywings, November 27, 2020, 5:48pm; Reply: 21
It's fecking crazy. My nieces wife is a hairdresser. She wasn't allowed to work in tier 2, but she can now we are entering tier 3, as can other non essential businesses. Tier 3 was supposed to be 'tougher' but it seems that doesn't apply to the economy. Saves the government having to pay these people now they are back at work, but I don't suppose for one minute that was in their thinking.  :-/
Posted by: ska face, November 27, 2020, 6:01pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from GrimExile
One can only wonder what the chaos would have been like if Jeremy Corbyn was PM. #UTM

Things would’ve been much worse for this bloke at least -

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/26/matt-hancock-former-neighbour-won-covid-test-kit-contract-after-whatsapp-message
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 27, 2020, 6:21pm; Reply: 23
It’s fooking easy being an amateur politician. I have no faith in the Tories or New Labour ( no difference between them they should just amalgamate like Dagenham & Redbridge) . The other parties are just a waste of time ... but I’d be looking like Boris if I had to try and make decisions that would attempt to keep businesses afloat and not cause even more spread of the pandemic.
FWIW I’d just tell the nation to crack on and attempt social distancing , wash hands , work from home etc etc and let the virus take who can’t fight it until the vaccine is rolled out .
Posted by: The Yard Dog, November 27, 2020, 8:18pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from promotion plaice

"Mansfield Town boss Nigel Clough says new tier restrictions give some League Two sides an unfair advantage.

Stags will have to play Crawley behind closed doors on 5th December after Nottinghamshire was placed under tier 3 restrictions.

But Mansfield will face back-to-back away games at Cambridge United and Carlisle United in front of home fans.

“It is very unfair,” said Clough. “I’m delighted fans are allowed in some places, but it's unfair on other clubs.

“Football should be an even playing field and, until all clubs can have fans back, no-one should be allowed back in.

“It gives home fans an advantage in those areas. I’m not sure, at the top level, what it will be like if you let 2,000 in at Arsenal and places like that.

“Cambridge and Carlisle will have fans allowed in, but we won't be for our home games so it's unfair.

“The irony is we pushed the Cambridge game back 24 hours due to the FA Cup game and if we hadn’t done that there wouldn’t be fans in the ground.”

Its a bit rich, were Mansfield one of the clubs, signing players before salary cap came into enforce, after lockdown.
Posted by: Garth, November 27, 2020, 8:40pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Absolute rubbish, stop playing politics, this virus never came with a book of instructions .its new and the whole world was learning as it went on the rampage, those who were seemingly escaping it gradually got dragged in to the fray,
Its easy to say that a Labour goverment would have done better, truth is we will never know, but one thing is for sure its not been for the lack of trying
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, November 27, 2020, 8:54pm; Reply: 26
Anyone else nostalgic for the halcyon days of the early covid conferences with Patrick Vallance casually saying a death toll of 20,000 would be a 'good outcome' whilst Boris Johnson babbled on with his cheeky smile about 'squashing the sombrero'?
Posted by: moosey_club, November 27, 2020, 9:05pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from promotion plaice

Getting his excuses in early i reckon.
I wonder how many managers will use the same defence over the coming months.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 27, 2020, 10:10pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Garth

Absolute rubbish, stop playing politics, this virus never came with a book of instructions .its new and the whole world was learning as it went on the rampage, those who were seemingly escaping it gradually got dragged in to the fray,
Its easy to say that a Labour goverment would have done better, truth is we will never know, but one thing is for sure its not been for the lack of trying

We have the worst death rate in Europe and that sits entirely at the door of this government. That’s absolutely playing politics because it’s about people dying as a result of the ideology and the incompetence of this government.
Posted by: aldi_01, November 27, 2020, 10:39pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from moosey_club

We’re the professional excuse makers this season, just another one to add to the repertoire...
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 27, 2020, 10:51pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Garth

Whether you like it or not, it’s a highly political issue. It involves decisions taken on behalf of the polity. It’s the very definition of politics. If you believe party politics should be kept out of it you would support a government of National unity for the duration.

Now one thing that Labour gets accused of is ignoring ‘economic realities’ in trying to put people first. It’s accused of being naive. That being the case they wouldn’t let commercial considerations interfere so much with decisions like when to lock down and when and where to relax lock down. They would have put public safety first. Under the Remainer Starmer they would have extended the Transition period so they could concentrate on the key issue facing us instead of dealing with two critical issues badly.
Posted by: LH, November 27, 2020, 11:31pm; Reply: 31
“Stop trying to score political points”

- people who’s favoured poltics are failing
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 27, 2020, 11:46pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Whether you like it or not, it’s a highly political issue. It involves decisions taken on behalf of the polity. It’s the very definition of politics. If you believe party politics should be kept out of it you would support a government of National unity for the duration.

Now one thing that Labour gets accused of is ignoring ‘economic realities’ in trying to put people first. It’s accused of being naive. That being the case they wouldn’t let commercial considerations interfere so much with decisions like when to lock down and when and where to relax lock down. They would have put public safety first. Under the Remainer Starmer they would have extended the Transition period so they could concentrate on the key issue facing us instead of dealing with two critical issues badly.

What a load of bo.llocks . There was an set date for transition and it was / is going to happen when the brexit vote was made regardless of the pandemic. I might have missed it but I haven’t heard anything from Brussels about giving it more time in respect of what’s been going down for the last 9 months.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 28, 2020, 1:46am; Reply: 33
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

What a load of bo.llocks . There was an set date for transition and it was / is going to happen when the brexit vote was made regardless of the pandemic. I might have missed it but I haven’t heard anything from Brussels about giving it more time in respect of what’s been going down for the last 9 months.

You clearly did. Barnier asked for an extension but batty Boris said no. He's Superman- can handle a global pandemic whilst negotiating one of the most important deals in our history, and all before breakfast.

He's handling both magnificently.  ::)
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 28, 2020, 5:55am; Reply: 34
Quoted from ginnywings

You clearly did. Barnier asked for an extension but batty Boris said no. He's Superman- can handle a global pandemic whilst negotiating one of the most important deals in our history, and all before breakfast.

He's handling both magnificently.  ::)

Oh I stand corrected. Missed that small point . It must be my hatred for all things Brussels. Good job I’m not in charge of things .
Posted by: forza ivano, November 28, 2020, 9:25am; Reply: 35
It was in May, Barnier said they'd be happy with a 2 year extension, but Frost rejected it out of hand

Only 33 days until we enter our new golden, wonderful, world/ become even poorer than we needed to be
Posted by: ginnywings, November 28, 2020, 10:00am; Reply: 36

Oh I stand corrected. Missed that small point . It must be my hatred for all things Brussels. Good job I’m not in charge of things .

You'd probably do a better job of it than Boris.  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2020, 10:01am; Reply: 37

That’s the ‘la la la a m not listening’ attitude in action. Literally.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 28, 2020, 10:09am; Reply: 38
Probably had more important things going on in my life that day like trying not to catch Covid
Posted by: Ipswin, November 28, 2020, 11:24am; Reply: 39
Quoted from moosey_club

I can think of one for sure

Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2020, 1:49pm; Reply: 40
Probably had more important things going on in my life that day like trying not to catch Covid

Head in the sand more like. It was talked about in the media quite a lot at the time. Not just headlines one day and gone the next. You must work hard to avoid the news, especially if you’re locked down.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 7:11am