5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
blundellpork
November 26, 2020, 6:44pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Not surprised about London. I interact with businesses and people who work there. Huge numbers of commuters into the city are working from home across the country. As a result many of the streets, shops etc are incredibly quiet. Now contrast that with many of the local high streets, and supermarkets where too many people are carrying on regardless of Government guidelines.

I had expected the original 4 weeks to be extended to 5 or 6. Tier 3 is that extension in all but name.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
Ipswin
November 26, 2020, 7:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
So we are in tier 3 so no spectators allowed, but the London and surrounding areas can as they in tier 1 or 2.  Something is rotten me thinks

Never mind it all adds strength to Holloway's moan that Covid is to blame for absolutely everything, he can go on about that for a bit longer now

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
KingstonMariner
November 26, 2020, 7:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
So we are in tier 3 so no spectators allowed, but the London and surrounding areas can as they in tier 1 or 2.  Something is rotten me thinks

I’ll tell you what stinks. It’s your understanding of numbers. NEL has a much higher rate than London and the surrounding area. Also geography is not your strong point either is it? Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly and the Isle of Wight (the only Tier 1 areas) are not in the surrounding area of London.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
pontoonlew
November 27, 2020, 11:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from Posh Harry

Liverpool is at 137 cases per 100k, North East Lincs 366 so why would they not be in a different tier? Whether it’s due to mass testing or not are you suggesting they should be punished for reducing the rate down, and doing the right things as a community in order to do so?

How strange.

No, I'm suggesting that the Tory government have once again absolutely shafted the north and Liverpool only got out of the firing line so the Tory's could use it as their own success story.

Liverpool absolutely should be in Tier 2, but London for example absolutely shouldn't.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
KingstonMariner
November 27, 2020, 12:03pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew

No, I'm suggesting that the Tory government have once again absolutely shafted the north and Liverpool only got out of the firing line so the Tory's could use it as their own success story.

Liverpool absolutely should be in Tier 2, but London for example absolutely shouldn't.

I hate the Tories as much as the next man. Maybe more. But I don’t think you can pin this specific issue on them.

London overall has a much lower rate than the Tier 3 areas. There’s only Havering and Redbridge in east London with over 300/100,000. And London has historically been generously provided with hospital beds compared to many areas, so there’s likely to be less strain on capacity. Plus it has one of those Nightingale facilities.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
promotion plaice
November 27, 2020, 12:24pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

I think Nigel Clough makes a fair point here.

"Mansfield Town boss Nigel Clough says new tier restrictions give some League Two sides an unfair advantage.

Stags will have to play Crawley behind closed doors on 5th December after Nottinghamshire was placed under tier 3 restrictions.

But Mansfield will face back-to-back away games at Cambridge United and Carlisle United in front of home fans.

“It is very unfair,” said Clough. “I’m delighted fans are allowed in some places, but it's unfair on other clubs.

“Football should be an even playing field and, until all clubs can have fans back, no-one should be allowed back in.

“It gives home fans an advantage in those areas. I’m not sure, at the top level, what it will be like if you let 2,000 in at Arsenal and places like that.
“You won't notice a difference, but you will at our level.

“Cambridge and Carlisle will have fans allowed in, but we won't be for our home games so it's unfair.

“The irony is we pushed the Cambridge game back 24 hours due to the FA Cup game and if we hadn’t done that there wouldn’t be fans in the ground.”

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 27, 2020, 12:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,194
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I hate the Tories as much as the next man. Maybe more. But I don’t think you can pin this specific issue on them.

London overall has a much lower rate than the Tier 3 areas. There’s only Havering and Redbridge in east London with over 300/100,000. And London has historically been generously provided with hospital beds compared to many areas, so there’s likely to be less strain on capacity. Plus it has one of those Nightingale facilities.

The Tories may not be responsible for Covid but they are 100% responsible for the UK's confused, late and irresponsible response to it.

- late to lockdown in March
- senior government figures (often unelected) ignoring lockdown restrictions
- Track and Trace app a disastrous farce
- Post lockdown #1 instructions leading directly to huge surges in numbers (universities going back, eat out to help out etc...)
- confusing and contradictory instructions about original Tier restrictions

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
KingstonMariner
November 27, 2020, 1:02pm
Meths Drinker

The Tories may not be responsible for Covid but they are 100% responsible for the UK's confused, late and irresponsible response to it.

- late to lockdown in March
- senior government figures (often unelected) ignoring lockdown restrictions
- Track and Trace app a disastrous farce
- Post lockdown #1 instructions leading directly to huge surges in numbers (universities going back, eat out to help out etc...)
- confusing and contradictory instructions about original Tier restrictions

I totally agree BCT.

By ‘this specific issue’ I meant the decision on which tiers areas were placed in.  What I was saying is that I don’t think that the Tories could be criticised for sticking NEL in Tier 3 whilst other places are in Tier 2.

Assuming that there is broad agreement that having a tier system is the right strategy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
Theimperialcoroner
November 27, 2020, 3:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Not sure anyone is saying NEL should not be in T3, but the faux care that Johnson shows for the North is just balderdash and as BobbyCummings just said, we are here because of a catalogue of truly awful errors that have left us with the worst death rate in Europe. People have flipping died because of these male masturbators and he still wants to govern us by slogans.

Back to T3 there has been nothing published as to why areas are in it and more pertinently no guidance as to how to get out of it.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
KingstonMariner
November 27, 2020, 5:11pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Not sure anyone is saying NEL should not be in T3, but the faux care that Johnson shows for the North is just balderdash and as BobbyCummings just said, we are here because of a catalogue of truly awful errors that have left us with the worst death rate in Europe. People have flipping died because of these male masturbators and he still wants to govern us by slogans.

Back to T3 there has been nothing published as to why areas are in it and more pertinently no guidance as to how to get out of it.

But someone said London not being in Tier 3 showed that the Tories were not being fair. There ARE lots of things that show that, but this tiering isn’t one of them. In a target rich environment, the poster who said that missed*!

(* One of our strikers no doubt 😉 )

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tier 3

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.