KingstonMariner
November 27, 2020, 10:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Garth

Absolute rubbish, stop playing politics, this virus never came with a book of instructions .its new and the whole world was learning as it went on the rampage, those who were seemingly escaping it gradually got dragged in to the fray,
Its easy to say that a Labour goverment would have done better, truth is we will never know, but one thing is for sure its not been for the lack of trying

Whether you like it or not, it’s a highly political issue. It involves decisions taken on behalf of the polity. It’s the very definition of politics. If you believe party politics should be kept out of it you would support a government of National unity for the duration.

Now one thing that Labour gets accused of is ignoring ‘economic realities’ in trying to put people first. It’s accused of being naive. That being the case they wouldn’t let commercial considerations interfere so much with decisions like when to lock down and when and where to relax lock down. They would have put public safety first. Under the Remainer Starmer they would have extended the Transition period so they could concentrate on the key issue facing us instead of dealing with two critical issues badly.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
LH
November 27, 2020, 11:31pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,495
Gold Stars: 173
“Stop trying to score political points”

- people who’s favoured poltics are failing
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
louth_in_the_south
November 27, 2020, 11:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Whether you like it or not, it’s a highly political issue. It involves decisions taken on behalf of the polity. It’s the very definition of politics. If you believe party politics should be kept out of it you would support a government of National unity for the duration.

Now one thing that Labour gets accused of is ignoring ‘economic realities’ in trying to put people first. It’s accused of being naive. That being the case they wouldn’t let commercial considerations interfere so much with decisions like when to lock down and when and where to relax lock down. They would have put public safety first. Under the Remainer Starmer they would have extended the Transition period so they could concentrate on the key issue facing us instead of dealing with two critical issues badly.

What a load of bo.llocks . There was an set date for transition and it was / is going to happen when the brexit vote was made regardless of the pandemic. I might have missed it but I haven’t heard anything from Brussels about giving it more time in respect of what’s been going down for the last 9 months.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
ginnywings
November 28, 2020, 1:46am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

What a load of bo.llocks . There was an set date for transition and it was / is going to happen when the brexit vote was made regardless of the pandemic. I might have missed it but I haven’t heard anything from Brussels about giving it more time in respect of what’s been going down for the last 9 months.

You clearly did. Barnier asked for an extension but batty Boris said no. He's Superman- can handle a global pandemic whilst negotiating one of the most important deals in our history, and all before breakfast.

He's handling both magnificently.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
louth_in_the_south
November 28, 2020, 5:55am

Exile
Quoted from ginnywings

You clearly did. Barnier asked for an extension but batty Boris said no. He's Superman- can handle a global pandemic whilst negotiating one of the most important deals in our history, and all before breakfast.

He's handling both magnificently.  

Oh I stand corrected. Missed that small point . It must be my hatred for all things Brussels. Good job I’m not in charge of things .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
forza ivano
November 28, 2020, 9:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
It was in May, Barnier said they'd be happy with a 2 year extension, but Frost rejected it out of hand

Only 33 days until we enter our new golden, wonderful, world/ become even poorer than we needed to be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
ginnywings
November 28, 2020, 10:00am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548

Oh I stand corrected. Missed that small point . It must be my hatred for all things Brussels. Good job I’m not in charge of things .

You'd probably do a better job of it than Boris.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
KingstonMariner
November 28, 2020, 10:01am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

That’s the ‘la la la a m not listening’ attitude in action. Literally.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
louth_in_the_south
November 28, 2020, 10:09am

Exile
Probably had more important things going on in my life that day like trying not to catch Covid

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
Ipswin
November 28, 2020, 11:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from moosey_club

Getting his excuses in early i reckon.
I wonder how many managers will use the same defence over the coming months.

I can think of one for sure

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tier 3

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.