24 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 All Recommend Thread
mariner91
November 25, 2020, 8:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,644
Gold Stars: 261
Hewitt in the midfield with Rose gave Rose less physical work to do and disrupted the rhythm of the opposition which I don't think should be underestimated. Allowed Rose to put in his best performance for us. Going forward either Hewiit or Clifton (or both if we go with a three) should be in there with Rose to provide some physicality. Not sure where that leaves Taylor and Morton, probably at least one of them going back to their parent club in January.

Hopefully Wright will stay fit. Good pace, fantastic attitude and a bit of fight about him. It gives us something we've lacked recently. And if Scannell keeps playing like that as well we'll actually have the ability to get behind the opposition and stretch them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 238
golfer
November 25, 2020, 9:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Hewitt, Rose and Wright complimented each other and in my opinion should be the permanent midfield. Each plays a different role but work well together. If we have a solid midfield the attack and defence both benefit as was clear last night. If tactics have to change then we have Clifton and Tilley ready to step in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 238
Rodley Mariner
November 25, 2020, 9:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I thought Max Wright was excellent. Really busy and he looks like he has got a bit more physical presence to me as well. I would like to see him get a proper run now. If Scannell can play like he did last night on a regular basis that makes a huge difference as well.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 238
oochiad
November 25, 2020, 10:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
What a difference a win makes.,......
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 238
Theimperialcoroner
November 25, 2020, 1:36pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,206
Gold Stars: 102
Noticed early on they pressed every short pass we made from the back, they’d obviously highlighted it. The good thing was we changed it up and went longer meaning they could do that a bit less. Looked loads better in that respect.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 238
Tinymariner
November 25, 2020, 2:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Very pleased IH took young Idehen off before he made another mistake which would have severely affected his confidence. He’s got promise but needs to be managed effectively, he didn’t have the best of games last night but he’s learning.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 238
TonySmith
November 25, 2020, 2:42pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +969
Gold Stars: 11
  I think one thing that made a big difference last night was that Macca was more willing to thump the ball up the field rather than try to play like a sweeper when under pressure. It's ok to play out from the back when it's safe, but you have to mix it up. If you do it all the time the opposition just presses high and that induces mistakes in dangerous areas. At least if the strikers or midfielders don't win the ball from a big boot, the opposition is getting control in their own half, not in front of our goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 238
jamesgtfc
November 25, 2020, 3:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from TonySmith
  I think one thing that made a big difference last night was that Macca was more willing to thump the ball up the field rather than try to play like a sweeper when under pressure. It's ok to play out from the back when it's safe, but you have to mix it up. If you do it all the time the opposition just presses high and that induces mistakes in dangerous areas. At least if the strikers or midfielders don't win the ball from a big boot, the opposition is getting control in their own half, not in front of our goal.

Ideally you want to suck the opposition into pressing high, expecting the short pass and then bypassing them with a long ball. Once they stop pressing high, play it short again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 238
RonMariner
November 26, 2020, 7:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,672
Gold Stars: 226
We clearly have some decent players. I think we should stop this constant rotation and play the best players, such as Edwards, Wright. Preston, Hendrie, Rose and maybe Windsor every game. These young guys should be easily capable of playing twice a week. A consistent team selection will help the team develop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 238
24 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.