Approval: +3,438
Gold Stars: 116
To.wn only 7 points from playoffs with either 1 or 2 games in hand - amazing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 238
November 24, 2020, 10:00pm
Guest User
also. fair play to green. he hasn't given up trying all season. which is more than we can say about a lot of previous strikers we have had.

his goal changed the game. gave us real confidence to kick on.
Reply: 221 - 238
forza ivano
November 24, 2020, 10:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,179
Gold Stars: 265
Interesting, and probably significant,  that it was the experienced  pros who played well tonight-rose,green,waterfall,hewitt plus I understand macca made several vital saves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 238
grimsby pete
November 25, 2020, 12:32am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
The deluded amongst you who thought could win tonight.

Wake up and smell the roses.

A poor team . Leaderless on the pitch and appearing to lack direction from the touchline.

Don't be taken in by Holloway's deflecting talk
IH is taking us one way.
Looking at the best route to Kings Lynn  next season.

Pardon ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 238
Mayaman
November 25, 2020, 1:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
As the game was played during my wee hours, I couldn't see it.  Typical that we got a win.  Saw short highlights  It seemed like we played more intelligent football - not playing form the back when our defenders have a player up their backsides. Two decent goals.  I'm glad Green scored.  He works hard and he tool that well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 238
grimps
November 25, 2020, 4:00am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from forza ivano
Interesting, and probably significant,  that it was the experienced  pros who played well tonight-rose,green,waterfall,hewitt plus I understand macca made several vital saves

Don’t forget Scannell , he was my man if the match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 238
Heisenberg
November 25, 2020, 6:31am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,049
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Heisenberg
I cannot agree with the constant chopping and changing, it seems completely random to me. No Pollock, Windsor, Gibson or Williams. I can only see another defeat, I’m afraid, but I hope to be proven wrong.

So, so pleased to be proved wrong on this one. Well done to Ollie and the boys
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 238
easypeersy
November 25, 2020, 7:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Can the doubters now please get off Holloway’s back!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 238
aldi_01
November 25, 2020, 8:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think Green plays well most games but as a striker he’s judged on his efforts in front of goal and they are somewhat lacking.

Last night he took his goal well and I think he used his experience to bring others along. Was actually quite impressed with him. Similar with Scanell, perhaps he wants away, perhaps Holloway wants him gone but playing well is likely to improve those chances so we can only benefit from that.

The first half was bizarre and then the second just kind of happened. Once they scored it seemed like the inevitable and perhaps they felt that too. Who could blame them? We dug in though and earned our goal and the game seemingly fell away from Crawley with Macca only having to make one save, albeit a great one.

I suspect next Tuesday could be a terrifying watch as Exeter once again seem a good side. Have the problems disappeared? Probably not? Are many of them likely too? Probably not but it’s a better feeling rocking up at work this morning with three points.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 238
Jarmo.Is.God
November 25, 2020, 8:17am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Despite scoring, it doesn't change my view on Green, he's not good enough if we want to challenge in the top half.
Having said that... he did have a good game.
His link up play does go unnoticed a lot. a couple of 1 touch passes into the wingers and the CB have been dragged out of position on to him, and the wingers are then running past him, and he did that well last night, so fair play to Green!

Defence still worries me slightly, but overall, they had a good solid game.

Rose become the league 2 Kante, he seemed to be faster than all the Crawley players, his reactions made a huge difference, and was intercepting passes before they've been made, incredible performance, one we've not seen from a town player for some time IMO, and that's not an exaggeration

Scannell looked a league 1 player tonight.
Confident, experienced, some quality one touch moves to disappear from defenders like they was never there.
a 'Typical' league 2 type player gets his head down and runs, he didn't, he looked up, had visions of the passes through the defence, and made some wonderful passes, was a genuine joy to watch at times.

Wright is the other one who deserves a special mention.
He looks to have a great future in the game. He's the type of player that can have a good game, even when the team are playing poor... deserved his goal!

The rest all played great, and everything just worked for a change!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 238
24 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.