9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
November 23, 2020, 5:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,722
Gold Stars: 163
I think this season has made it painfully obvious (as if it already wasn't) exactly who is holding our club back. Mr Fenty and Mr Day have made bad decision after bad decision, the only credit I can give them is leaving us with some cash in the bank but what's the point if we continue to aim to avoid relegation and absolutely nothing else?

I'm personally not willing to watch the club rot whilst we have a manager in charge who seems genuinely invested in us pushing forward, we have money in the bank and a genuine chance to actually progress after 20 years of decline.

I genuinely think that to have a chance of progressing, we need to do something as a fanbase to properly bring about change. I'm calling on The Trust and the fans to put together a proposal that allows us to become fan owned. We've shown the sheer power of our fanbase previously and with the right people behind it I've absolutely no doubt we'd make a very good go at it. It also gives the flexibility to allow somebody remotely capable of running a football club to do so and be rid of the absolute dinosaurs that currently run it because I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest Day or Fenty will ever take us forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
November 23, 2020, 5:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Nice idea.

Rally around everyone and get a fund of at least 2 million then approach JF to buy him out/ clear his loans and bobs your mothers brother.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 81
male private Nale
November 23, 2020, 5:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -806
Gold Stars: 131
How do fan owned clubs work ? How are decisions made ? Is it a board of fans elected then they make all decisions or is it every major decision goes to a vote to all fans?

If it is the former then what makes you think those voted in would make the right decisions?

If it is the latter then it would get bogged down in in fighting I imagine pretty quickly.

Is there a third way?

I believe the only way out of this in the medium term would be, if the rumours are to be believed, that Pettit and the other GY london based multi millionaire (whose name escapes me) makes an offer Fenty can't refuse then it would be them that take the club forward in the Brentford model of how to run a football club..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 81
golfer
November 23, 2020, 5:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,375
Gold Stars: 112
We are already FAN owned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 81
grimsby pete
November 23, 2020, 5:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
How anybody can say Day is not forward thinking baffles me.

He said last year we aim to be in the championship in five years.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 81
pontoonlew
November 23, 2020, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,722
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from male private Nale
How do fan owned clubs work ? How are decisions made ? Is it a board of fans elected then they make all decisions or is it every major decision goes to a vote to all fans?

If it is the former then what makes you think those voted in would make the right decisions?

If it is the latter then it would get bogged down in in fighting I imagine pretty quickly.

Is there a third way?

I believe the only way out of this in the medium term would be, if the rumours are to be believed, that Pettit and the other GY london based multi millionaire (whose name escapes me) makes an offer Fenty can't refuse then it would be them that take the club forward in the Brentford model of how to run a football club..

I've spoken to a couple of guys involved in fan ownership today (at Wimbledon, who btw are in the league above us and have just moved into a new stadium). The idea is fans would elect a board and then each trust member would have a single vote, nobody would own a larger share, it's all equal.

I see no reason personally why this cannot be explored further with the right backing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 81
KingstonMariner
November 23, 2020, 5:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from male private Nale

Is there a third way?

Normally there is a board of directors made up of representatives of the Trust who take all the day to day decisions. Only rarely do votes go out to the whole membership. Examples of that would be whether to permit outside parties to buy the club, or proposals on major capital raising initiatives.

AFC Wimbledon have used this model to go from a few blokes having a trial on the Common in 2002 to playing in their own stadium in League One in 2020, with several promotions on the way. All with a fan base lower than Town’s.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 81
realist
November 23, 2020, 5:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,688
Gold Stars: 41
Wouldn't trust the Trust to run our football club. We are in the shite forever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 81
Yoda
November 23, 2020, 6:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,968
Gold Stars: 65
The trust would give it back to Fenty.!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 81
grimsby pete
November 23, 2020, 6:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from pontoonlew

I've spoken to a couple of guys involved in fan ownership today (at Wimbledon, who btw are in the league above us and have just moved into a new stadium). The idea is fans would elect a board and then each trust member would have a single vote, nobody would own a larger share, it's all equal.

That's how our board works one man one vote if it's not unanimous we go with Fenty idea.

Think about it.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 81
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.