November 24, 2020, 4:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Like it Pete.

However, you would surely be moving back from Suffolk into the luxury penthouse built on the Harrington Street open corner?

Yes nice sea view  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 81
golfer
November 24, 2020, 4:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from pontoonlew

Aye, tell that to Wimbledon.

The ‘it’ll never work’ attitude just sums us up as a club, absolutely no ambition whatsoever and stuck right where we deserve to be based on that.

o.k.   Here's my 50p. Take 25p towards buying the club and 20p towards buying a new ground and the other 5p towards buying a few decent players. Will this make me a share holder. This is a brilliant idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 81
Swansea_Mariner
November 24, 2020, 4:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Not all of those offers have to be accepted though why for example would the trust sell their shares?

Nobody's gonna offer par value for these shares, something nominal like 5p on the pound sounds realistic if your taking on a huge debt due to the loans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 81
MuddyWaters
November 24, 2020, 4:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I assume if you are buying out the majority shareholder you have to make an offer to other shareholders, is that not right finance guys?

It is true but I would suspect that most shareholders, as fans, wouldn’t want to sell. That’s why JF only needs around 44% to have control, isn’t it?
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 81
AndyDarloFC
November 24, 2020, 4:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Fan owned clubs will only work if the fan-base pull together and then stick together through the good/bad times.

You only have too look at Scarborough when they went bust and that fan-base divided between Scarborough fans and I'm sure that at 1 point - There was 2 teams in the town due to divide.
This happened with Northwich Victoria aswell, 2 teams were set up and fans were divided.
The same is happening at Bury right now, most are in favour of the phoenix club and some are still in hope the original will be placed in the football ladder for the 21/22 season.

Thankfully, us at Darlington have stuck together and now it's our club - We are doing well off the field for the 1st time in a long time.
- We've raised collectively 1.5 million pounds in 8 short years to fund our 3 promotions.
- Paid off the legacy debt that Raj Singh left us in back in 2012.
- We've even clubbed together and bought stands for our temp home at Blackwell Meadows.
- We've got no debt currently
- For the away game at Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup this weekend, we've raised an additional £3750 to pay for the players to have a hotel stay the night before for better prep (something we rarely do at the moment).
- Every season we top up the budget with the #BoostTheBudget - This season we raised a grand total of £131,910 for our gaffer Alun Armstrong. We put extra in, because we know that the club is being well ran and we know where every penny goes.
- Since the start of this season, we've did 50/50 draws online for each game. We've played 7 home games so far, we've had over £10,000 in the pot - At least 5k to the winners and 5k to the club - It all adds up.

My advice is: Stick together. Don't let Fenty and co bring you down - You've got a cracking fanbase (I've been to home and away games with Town in the last 10/11 years). You deserve some more success than what you currently have, don't lose that hope - It'll come good before you know it. If we can do it on our small fanbase of 1500/2000 fans, you can do it on your 3500/4000 easy.
You lot are as loyal as you come, you're also my adopted second team since it's the hometown of my daughter, keep the faith. Can't wait to get fans back at the game and I can be alongside my mates at an away game watching Town.

#UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 81
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 24, 2020, 5:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Like it Pete.

However, you would surely be moving back from Suffolk into the luxury penthouse built on the Harrington Street open corner?

Yep, who wouldn't want to live on Harrington St after winning 120 mill???!!!!

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 81
MuddyWaters
November 24, 2020, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235

Yep, who wouldn't want to live on Harrington St after winning 120 mill???!!!!

You could buy Harrington Street and have nearly all your money left.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 81
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 24, 2020, 5:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It is true but I would suspect that most shareholders, as fans, wouldn’t want to sell. That’s why JF only needs around 44% to have control, isn’t it?

I’m sure your right. I was just trying to surmise how an asking price of £3.5M could be arrived at and also assume this for the purchaser would be a worst case scenario and fans would hope the price would be much lower.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 81
Boris Johnson
November 24, 2020, 5:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
I'll put in a Fiver
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 81
Gaffer58
November 24, 2020, 5:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
I’m a shareholder, well I have one on the wall in a frame, so if someone wants to buy out Mr Fenty’s shares and it would help to keep the price down I’m quite happy for it to stay on the wall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fan Owned Club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.