Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should He Stay or Should He Go?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 243 Guests

Do you want Holloway to Leave?
Yes (22 votes)
11.64%
No (167 votes)
88.36%
189 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

Should He Stay or Should He Go?

This thread currently has 8,705 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
November 22, 2020, 11:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC
He should stay, drop playing out from the back, go 4-4-2 ideally with Max on the left and when he’s back Tilley on the right of mid field as defenders can’t deal with pace at this level and both Preston and Hendrie can overlap. We then get in behind and allow the strikers and attacking mid to get forward in the box and find space.

Get Gibson a partner (Windsor?) and give them a run in the side. Play a ball winner in mid field who has energy and stop making selection decisions like he did yesterday with Clifton.

Holloway is a good manager but just needs to adjust his ideas to the level he’s managing at.

Preston has started to look terrified every time he steps on the pitch. We definitely need a left back..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
HertsGTFC
November 22, 2020, 12:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog

Preston has started to look terrified every time he steps on the pitch. We definitely need a left back..

If my mid field had coughed up so much ball my confidence would be shot to sh1t, you’re right though we need an experienced left back and more credible defensive cover.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
rancido
November 22, 2020, 12:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from DocDock
At the moment, given I cannot think of any other better options and where we are in the season, he has to stay. But as others have said there’s always been one common denominator in our years of decline. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out who that is.

Totally agree - we must move from BP as soon as is financially possible!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
fishcake63
November 22, 2020, 12:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,224
Gold Stars: 62
ollie to sort it out in january he will trim squad to 20/21 players & get proper league two players , keep the faith we can't keep sacking managers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
rancido
November 22, 2020, 12:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from fishboyUTM

His confidence will be low. It really hits you as a keeper when things aren't going your way and mistakes creep in and you start to second guess yourself. He isn't suited to playing it from the back, he isn't that poor on the ball in all fairness, but it isn't ideal. I'd argue Waterfall doesn't want to be receiving it either when being pressed. I'm all for playing football the right way, but maybe in the final two thirds when one error doesn't lead to disaster.

Macca was good at non-league level and ok for a lower half league 2 team but we must have better if we aspire for promotion. IMO he has not improved in any area of his play since he joined us and I find that disturbing. It's almost like he can't learn from his mistakes , which this season have been many. It is said that he isn't suited to playing out from the back but surely that is just a judgement call. He should know by now who to and when to pass out and when to punt it forward.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
golfer
November 22, 2020, 12:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
If I was Macca I wouldn't have confidence passing to any of our players especially Morton or Taylor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
gaz57
November 22, 2020, 1:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ginnywings
Again Boris?

You never give up.

When was the last time Boris got anything right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
fishboyUTM
November 22, 2020, 1:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from toontown

I think a lot of that has merit butt would say Windsor and Edwards up front

No strength at all there with those two.

You need at least one of them to be able to hold the ball up. Think Woods (hold up) or Livvo and Mendonca, Gary Jones. Or more recently Bogle and Hannah. Neither of the two you mention can do that. In fact, we don't have anyone aside from the always injured Hanson who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. Means the ball doesn't stick up front and comes back at you. Matt Green can do half a job but his second touch is usually a tackle.

A new strong centre forward is key IMO and IH will know that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
GrimRob
November 22, 2020, 2:42pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
He's signed all these players so he should be given the chance to work with them because if anyone else comes in they will have to. That doesn't mean it was the right decision to sign them all in the first place. I'd rather have paid twice the money to half the number of players we've signed.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 54
toontown
November 22, 2020, 2:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,277
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from fishboyUTM

No strength at all there with those two.

You need at least one of them to be able to hold the ball up. Think Woods (hold up) or Livvo and Mendonca, Gary Jones. Or more recently Bogle and Hannah. Neither of the two you mention can do that. In fact, we don't have anyone aside from the always injured Hanson who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. Means the ball doesn't stick up front and comes back at you. Matt Green can do half a job but his second touch is usually a tackle.

A new strong centre forward is key IMO and IH will know that.

I don't disagree with those points or the need for a hold up striker who actually plays. But in the current absence of that I'd say Windsor and Edwards have a case as being our two best bets if we are playing two up top.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.