Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Should He Stay or Should He Go?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 217 Guests

Do you want Holloway to Leave?
Yes (22 votes)
11.64%
No (167 votes)
88.36%
189 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

Should He Stay or Should He Go?

This thread currently has 8,656 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Mayaman
November 22, 2020, 1:49am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
He's got to have a chance to sort it.  Nobody else is going to want the job now.  Being mangerless will be a much worse scenario.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
DocDock
November 22, 2020, 8:11am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
At the moment, given I cannot think of any other better options and where we are in the season, he has to stay. But as others have said there’s always been one common denominator in our years of decline. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out who that is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
moosey_club
November 22, 2020, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Mariner16
No to IH leaving but yes to Boris leaving this board. Idiot.

This .

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
November 22, 2020, 10:01am
Guest User
About time we got rid of Boris
Reply: 23 - 54
fishboyUTM
November 22, 2020, 10:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
For the record, I am a hundred percent behind Ollie. But that doesn't mean he gets a free ride. People are saying its only 11 games in, it isn't. We're out of every cup competition as well, so it's 16 games in as we lost 4/5 cup games, drawing the other.

The pre season, if you can call it that was shameful. One game against Cleethorpes Town, the players were furloughed until the last minute to save money, I can understand why you'd do that, but don't moan about fitness levels and fitness stats when you choose to not bother with a pre season.
Last minute signings, seven loan signings is never good. We had no players one day then 2/3 signings every day almost as we kicked off. Dreadful preparation, then straight into Sat Tues Sat with no time to train and prepare. Then we're into a downward spiral, players lose confidence. All of this is forseeable given the lack of any pre season.

Signings? The aformentioned seven loans, mostly children. The punts on non league players, and proper non league, way down the pyramid. Miles away from the first team which would be fine in normal circumstances, but we've had to play them. Massive issue for me is the lack of investment in a proper striker, we really need two. I don't want to be unfair to the senior pros at the club, but we can't be too polite. Hanson is finished, we will not get enough games out of him and he will not be fully fit in the games he does play, Matt Green gives his all, I like him but he's 34 in January. He was signed on a two year deal from a club in the conference at the time. He wasn't playing at Salford, he was clearly on his way down. He's finished. We need to look at recruitement policies (Hanson 33 and similar).

Ollie needs love, he's an emotional bloke. I am fully in support of him, but he has to be questioned like any other manager would 15 games in, when we are conceding goals for fun and barely managing any shots on goal, never mind goals. Give Ollie time to rebuild, get behind him. No witch hunt, but we must be allowed to question him when things are clearly not right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
fishboyUTM
November 22, 2020, 10:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from grimsby pete
Apart from his kicking which is very poor he is letting goals he would have saved last season.

He is having a shocking season.

His confidence will be low. It really hits you as a keeper when things aren't going your way and mistakes creep in and you start to second guess yourself. He isn't suited to playing it from the back, he isn't that poor on the ball in all fairness, but it isn't ideal. I'd argue Waterfall doesn't want to be receiving it either when being pressed. I'm all for playing football the right way, but maybe in the final two thirds when one error doesn't lead to disaster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 54
golfer
November 22, 2020, 10:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,377
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from Boris Johnson

??

Holloway put it out there not me....Im sure plenty will be interested in the outcome.

And then he voted 96 times  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 54
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2020, 11:18am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from toontown
Voted stay.

But ffs some basic stuff needs sorting:
Stop playing Clifton as wing back and full back to accommodate bloody Taylor or Morton or whoever being in CM. We are poor in that area anyway and we desperately need his energy there.
We can't play in a way that requires Macca to be playing it with his feet, he really isn't up to it and this will cost us far more in siĺly goals given away (like today) than whatever slight advantage it is imagined it will give us. Either change how we play or bite the bullet and you have to change the keeper to one who can do that. No surprise that Macca is having his worst season in the football league as he is being asked to do what he can't and instead of being a strength he is an Achilles heel.
Some sort of consistency with formation please.
Scout opposition teams properly/management team to actually watch teams on videobefore the game, so that we are at least as well prepared as humberside radios co commentator in knowing what formation they play...

Agree with most of that. Slight quibble: I’d say half the problem with the Macca passing is the outfield players passing it back, putting him in difficult situations, or not being available for a simple pass in safe space. I shudder every time we are attacking and the players start passing it back and the opposition start to press us.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
HertsGTFC
November 22, 2020, 11:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217
He should stay, drop playing out from the back, go 4-4-2 ideally with Max on the left and when he’s back Tilley on the right of mid field as defenders can’t deal with pace at this level and both Preston and Hendrie can overlap. We then get in behind and allow the strikers and attacking mid to get forward in the box and find space.

Get Gibson a partner (Windsor?) and give them a run in the side. Play a ball winner in mid field who has energy and stop making selection decisions like he did yesterday with Clifton.

Holloway is a good manager but just needs to adjust his ideas to the level he’s managing at.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
toontown
November 22, 2020, 11:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,158
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from HertsGTFC
He should stay, drop playing out from the back, go 4-4-2 ideally with Max on the left and when he’s back Tilley on the right of mid field as defenders can’t deal with pace at this level and both Preston and Hendrie can overlap. We then get in behind and allow the strikers and attacking mid to get forward in the box and find space.

Get Gibson a partner (Windsor?) and give them a run in the side. Play a ball winner in mid field who has energy and stop making selection decisions like he did yesterday with Clifton.

Holloway is a good manager but just needs to adjust his ideas to the level he’s managing at.

I think a lot of that has merit butt would say Windsor and Edwards up front
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.