4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
September 26, 2020, 9:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I’m beginning to like the cut of his jib.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....l-crisis-4551102.amp

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
marinerdazza
September 26, 2020, 9:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Yep, it’s a peach of an article.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
GrimRob
September 26, 2020, 9:55pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Great read. Agree with every word.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 38
HarrogateMariner
September 26, 2020, 10:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +461
Gold Stars: 21
Completely agree,  great article.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
Sammo
September 26, 2020, 10:45pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +171
Great article, agree with every point made.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
Northbank Mariner
September 27, 2020, 7:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
He's absolutely nailed it there, great article.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
WesternMariner
September 27, 2020, 10:51am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 34
Well said indeed. I clearly wasn’t the only one to think that the photo-op of Boris and “our” MP’s was in spectacularly bad taste with things as they are. I know Martin Vickers does attend matches, I’m fairly sure Ms Nici doesn’t. She has the excuse of not knowing what the football club means to us lot. He at least should know better.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
realist
September 27, 2020, 10:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,687
Gold Stars: 41
I appear to be the odd one out - I didnt agree with most of it.

The situation GTFC are in at the moment cancelling games is down to their own stupidity - allowing someone to enter and leave their "bubble" who was also "bubbbling" away from home so to speak was asking for trouble.

Even if we had a government that had done everything correctly we would still face a massive realignment in consumerism and jobs, Football is probably way down the list of importance, as it should be as the basics of our society are at risk. Just because the EFL is not up to it, it is footballs, and only footballs problem. Remember the club chairmen were happy to attend EFL meetings in exotic locations and support the EFL so they are as much responsible
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
pen penfras
September 27, 2020, 11:00am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from realist

The situation GTFC are in at the moment cancelling games is down to their own stupidity - allowing someone to enter and leave their "bubble" who was also "bubbbling" away from home so to speak was asking for trouble.

Even if we had a government that had done everything correctly we would still face a massive realignment in consumerism and jobs, Football is probably way down the list of importance, as it should be as the basics of our society are at risk. Just because the EFL is not up to it, it is footballs, and only footballs problem. Remember the club chairmen were happy to attend EFL meetings in exotic locations and support the EFL so they are as much responsible

So we should restrict our young players' opportunities by not allowing them to play competitive football which will aid their development, or not allow them to train like a full time pro?

The problem is, the EFL is supposed to represent it's members and do what's best for them, ie the clubs. Do you think pushing football with no income was what the clubs wanted? Do you think wishy washy advice, that clearly isn't being interpreted or followed the same by everybody is what the clubs wanted? Were clubs even asked what they wanted?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
HertsGTFC
September 27, 2020, 11:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,642
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from WesternMariner
Well said indeed. I clearly wasn’t the only one to think that the photo-op of Boris and “our” MP’s was in spectacularly bad taste with things as they are. I know Martin Vickers does attend matches, I’m fairly sure Ms Nici doesn’t. She has the excuse of not knowing what the football club means to us lot. He at least should know better.

Culture secretary on TV this morning pushed the issue on the Prem, couldn’t give detail on the science behind not allowing people back.

Said they’d done loads for clubs with furlough and rates relief etc... all he really could give as an explanation was “not the right time”.

Andrew Marr used the model Germany is using but clearly once again we’re miles behind our teutonic cousins, again posh boy didn’t have an answer or credible alternative.

The MP then talked about the Prem “relying on the EFL to bring up grass routes talents” which indicates he knows f**k all as that league is full of imports from abroad.

I clearly believe that not allowing fans back to football (and other sport) is a mix of political positioning, having no solution and in reality not giving a sh1t about something that’s important to the fabric of so many communities.

All we see is the MP for Grimsby presenting the head of her Party with a Town shirt...... whatever happened to back bench politicians lobbying for the people they represent?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
Boris Johnson
September 27, 2020, 11:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from realist

I agree, Findlater hasnt got a clue what he is talking about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
ginnywings
September 27, 2020, 11:59am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Must be tiring to be always swimming against the tide Boris.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
lew chaterleys lover
September 27, 2020, 1:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from realist

I think the problem with Findlaters article is that it offers no solutions, probably because there aren't any solutions.Whichever covid road you decide to travel, there are huge problems.

Let fans in we have logistical problems and problems associated with wider communities with lockdown restrictions. Keep fans out, it is a money problem.

I think we have just been unlucky; it could and will happen to a lot of clubs that a player or a manager or groundstaff test positive and every time there is a case it will be different at different clubs and how they deal with it, so whatever decision any club comes up with they will be criticised. It is difficult for the EFL to make rules that apertain to every situation.

We just need keep our minds focused on the football as we don't want to be faced with a nightmare season on the pitch as well as off it.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 27, 2020, 3:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
James Findlater is very good at taking cheap shots. Yes we all know there are mistakes being made but football is not going to be high on a political agenda. It should be high on the agendas of the governing bodies though. They owe their existence to the clubs, at least the EFL still does. The Pl owes its existence to the PL and the broadcasters.

Morally though, the PL has the biggest duty to football of any organisation including government. It is simply unwilling to dig into the vast sums and backers  to bail out something it is just not bothered about. If every club in L1, L2 downwards went bust tonight, the PL would not bat a collective eyelid. But there is no way to force the PL to do the right thing.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
HertsGTFC
September 27, 2020, 3:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
James Findlater is very good at taking cheap shots. Yes we all know there are mistakes being made but football is not going to be high on a political agenda. It should be high on the agendas of the governing bodies though. They owe their existence to the clubs, at least the EFL still does. The Pl owes its existence to the PL and the broadcasters.

Morally though, the PL has the biggest duty to football of any organisation including government. It is simply unwilling to dig into the vast sums and backers  to bail out something it is just not bothered about. If every club in L1, L2 downwards went bust tonight, the PL would not bat a collective eyelid. But there is no way to force the PL to do the right thing.

It was high on two politicians agendas when they wanted to use it to get face time with their leader in mid week.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
louth_in_the_south
September 27, 2020, 3:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
That article is an absolute load of sh.ite .
Lazy , cheap journalism.
Football needs to take a level of responsibility for itself. It’s obvious we shouldn’t be playing in front of empty grounds . It’s a recipe for disaster.
Club owners at L1 and 2 should’ve stood up for themselves and said they weren’t prepared to bankrupt themselves to keep the pyramid going just for the benefit of Sky and the PL !!!!!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
MuddyWaters
September 27, 2020, 8:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Not in Dowden’s place to tell PL what to do. If pubs are open (indoors), there’s absolutely no reason for football not to go ahead in front of restricted crowds. Crowds are being allowed in across Europe. We need to see the wood for the trees because an effective vaccine could be some way away.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
IlkleyMariner
September 27, 2020, 9:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,872
Gold Stars: 66

The problem with sport and politics is don’t mix them.
We don’t support GTFC or England to make political points. I would expect fans from all political persuasions to support the mariners. The politics of people I sit next to are irrelevant. Think the saying is we are all Town together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
RichMariner
September 27, 2020, 9:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
I had the misfortune to be taught by Lia Nici at East Coast Media, or whatever it was called 18-19 years ago.

She was the most disengaged tutor I'd ever experienced. Never really listened, eye contact was non-existent, basically she gave off a sense that she wasn't even remotely bothered about me, my colleagues or anyone but herself.

So in many ways she was destined to become a Tory MP.

An absolute suck-up to whoever is in charge and she ignored everyone else. That comes across clearer than ever today by the way she looks at Boris.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
LH
September 27, 2020, 9:36pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from RichMariner
I had the misfortune to be taught by Lia Nici at East Coast Media, or whatever it was called 18-19 years ago.

She was the most disengaged tutor I'd ever experienced. Never really listened, eye contact was non-existent, basically she gave off a sense that she wasn't even remotely bothered about me, my colleagues or anyone but herself.

An absolute suck-up to whoever is in charge and she ignored everyone else. That comes across clearer than ever today by the way she looks at Boris.

Everyone who was ‘taught’ by her has a similar opinion! Some decent tutors there when I was there between 2004 and 2008 and I remember most of them for what they taught. I couldn’t tell you what subjects she did though!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
KingstonMariner
September 27, 2020, 9:39pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
That article is an absolute load of sh.ite .
Lazy , cheap journalism.
Football needs to take a level of responsibility for itself. It’s obvious we shouldn’t be playing in front of empty grounds . It’s a recipe for disaster.
Club owners at L1 and 2 should’ve stood up for themselves and said they weren’t prepared to bankrupt themselves to keep the pyramid going just for the benefit of Sky and the PL !!!!!

Well given that the expectation founded on advice from the government was that the stadia wouldn’t be empty soon, it’s a bit unfair to say clubs voted to play in empty stadia.

Then there’s the confused and contradictory policy on what is and isn’t allowed to be open. Why can I spend all day indoors in Wetherspoons (until 10pm) but not in a semi-open football ground for two hours?

If they don’t play FL clubs have no income. How do they pay for fixed costs?

Football League clubs and the FL have no control over the Premier League, and neither does the FA in reality, so how does ‘football take ....responsibility for itself’? Through what mechanism?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
Davec
September 27, 2020, 9:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from RichMariner

Was never taught by her however I have met her before whilst she was working as a tutor and I can certainly see why you and others have that opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
louth_in_the_south
September 27, 2020, 10:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Well given that the expectation founded on advice from the government was that the stadia wouldn’t be empty soon, it’s a bit unfair to say clubs voted to play in empty stadia.

Then there’s the confused and contradictory policy on what is and isn’t allowed to be open. Why can I spend all day indoors in Wetherspoons (until 10pm) but not in a semi-open football ground for two hours?

If they don’t play FL clubs have no income. How do they pay for fixed costs?

Football League clubs and the FL have no control over the Premier League, and neither does the FA in reality, so how does ‘football take ....responsibility for itself’? Through what mechanism?

What income do clubs have exactly? A few season tickets sold , a lower than normal merchandise income etc etc .
Playing games means all the normal costs with testing on top . Not feasible in the short term and definitely a sure way to guarantee bankruptcy in the longer term ...
Oh and the PL most definitely wags the tail of the EFL .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
arryarryarry
September 28, 2020, 3:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,942
"First of all, it goes without saying I wish the young midfielder a speedy recovery. Secondly, the people in charge of a system which has forced him into the situation where he has put his family, friends, team-mates and so many others at risk should hang their heads in shame."

I must be missing something but what does he mean about people being in charge of a system forcing him into a situation?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
aldi_01
September 28, 2020, 6:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think football is putting itself on a pedestal again in some ways here.

There are plenty of jobs that have done exactly the same as football and have put workers back to work. There are numerous reasons why but to have a poo at the EFL like they’ve asked him to climb Everest with only a toothpick is extreme.

One could argue that the clubs attitude to purchasing private testing kits is also something putting players at risk...

I don’t believe the premier league wag anyone’s tail; they’ve no need. They’re a brand, they’re independent in most respects and they’re successful. We shouldn’t be relying on them. I’d imagine if we were in the top flight people’s attitudes about bailing out little clubs like ours would be somewhat different.

Football has fixed costs, utilities, wages, ground maintenance and so forth....at our level the cash to cover those is generated through ticket sales and the like, that simply isn’t there.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
Northbank Mariner
September 28, 2020, 6:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from arryarryarry
"First of all, it goes without saying I wish the young midfielder a speedy recovery. Secondly, the people in charge of a system which has forced him into the situation where he has put his family, friends, team-mates and so many others at risk should hang their heads in shame."

I must be missing something but what does he mean about people being in charge of a system forcing him into a situation?

Aimed at the fact he's playing for Spalding but training with town, means he had the potential to pick up at Spalding then cross contaminate into the town squad. If he's playing at Spalding he should only have mixed with their squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
KingstonMariner
September 28, 2020, 8:37am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

What income do clubs have exactly? A few season tickets sold , a lower than normal merchandise income etc etc .
Playing games means all the normal costs with testing on top . Not feasible in the short term and definitely a sure way to guarantee bankruptcy in the longer term ...
Oh and the PL most definitely wags the tail of the EFL .

IFollow has the potential to bring in substantial amounts of money . Not going to replace ticket sales obviously, but we stand to gain from a share of away game revenue . We don’t normally get any away ticket revenue.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
pen penfras
September 28, 2020, 8:58am

Cocktail Drinker

IFollow has the potential to bring in substantial amounts of money . Not going to replace ticket sales obviously, but we stand to gain from a share of away game revenue . We don’t normally get any away ticket revenue.

5% of sales according to Colchester chairman. Not sure if that means away ticket sales or total gate, I assume away. Probably not that much more money from ifollow since the amount is capped at 500 sales, so about £3-4k
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
HertsGTFC
September 28, 2020, 9:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

5% of sales according to Colchester chairman. Not sure if that means away ticket sales or total gate, I assume away. Probably not that much more money from ifollow since the amount is capped at 500 sales, so about £3-4k

I think we get 5% of advance sales.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
KingstonMariner
September 28, 2020, 10:26am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think we get 5% of advance sales.

5% of away tickets sold through GTFC isn’t it? Whereas we get 80% of everything above a threshold (500?) iFollow match passes. With no travel constraints we could get more people watching on iFollow than were able to physically attend.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
pen penfras
September 28, 2020, 10:31am

Cocktail Drinker

5% of away tickets sold through GTFC isn’t it? Whereas we get 80% of everything above a threshold (500?) iFollow match passes. With no travel constraints we could get more people watching on iFollow than were able to physically attend.

Sorry, I got that the wrong way around. We don't get the first 500 sales. We probably get even less that way. I doubt we have 1000 individual passes purchased for away games with people watching within the same household, some won't watch and some will watch dodgy links rather than pay.

I'm not sure if we get 60% or 80% of the sale. I've seen both numbers listed by clubs, not sure what the latest is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 28, 2020, 10:44am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,511
Gold Stars: 64
The big question for me following last weekend’s fixtures is simply were we right to postpone our game and close the training ground after one player tested positive or, were Stevenage right in playing their match after 3 players failed the Covid test?

Either the EFL has totally ineffective and unclear protocols or either Town or Stevenage have applied the protocol incorrectly. I await the outcome of the investigation and no doubt a further statement from our Chairman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
arryarryarry
September 28, 2020, 10:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,942
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Aimed at the fact he's playing for Spalding but training with town, means he had the potential to pick up at Spalding then cross contaminate into the town squad. If he's playing at Spalding he should only have mixed with their squad.

That is surely a dig at every football club that sends players out on loan.

He probably has just as big a chance of catching it anywhere he goes out.

I thought that article was just long rant about Boris Johnson.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
KingstonMariner
September 28, 2020, 11:42am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

Sorry, I got that the wrong way around. We don't get the first 500 sales. We probably get even less that way. I doubt we have 1000 individual passes purchased for away games with people watching within the same household, some won't watch and some will watch dodgy links rather than pay.

I'm not sure if we get 60% or 80% of the sale. I've seen both numbers listed by clubs, not sure what the latest is.

Good point about households watching together. But people can watch games that they wouldn’t consider going to. I wouldn’t have gone to Walsall the other week for example. Most home games I’d miss too.

I’m not saying this is a replacement for traditional match day income, but it must help defray the marginal costs of putting a game on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
jamesgtfc
September 28, 2020, 11:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Everyone moaning at Jock training with us and Spalding...

We are a professional outfit and it is probably in his contract that he trains like a professional. Spalding are part-time and probably train once or twice per week on an evening.

We send players out on loan to develop what they learn Monday-Friday with us. If he was on loan at Notts County for example, I'm sure we would see very little of him but he's not.

I believe we've had a number of players on loan in the past who only train with our squad 1-2 days per week. Appreciate these are different times but if the system allows it to happen, I can see why we did it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
RichMariner
September 28, 2020, 1:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
I'm confused — and maybe this is the point: have we and Stevenage interpreted the same rules differently, or are the rules open to interpretation?

From what I can gather, we cancelled a match (and potentially two more) because one player had covid, and Stevenage played a match despite three players having covid.

I honestly don't know how long I should isolate for, if I had covid symptoms. Is it different for footballers? How long do you self-isolate for if you don't have covid but spent time in a place where someone did have it?

The lockdown rules differ from city to city at the moment. The government (and governing bodies) aren't being consistent or clear about any of this. I appreciate we're living in unprecedented times where hindsight is the winner, but really, I haven't got a clue who's right, who's wrong, who's playing by the official rules, who isn't... and what the official rules are!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
GrimRob
September 28, 2020, 1:36pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Quoted from RichMariner
I honestly don't know how long I should isolate for, if I had covid symptoms. Is it different for footballers? How long do you self-isolate for if you don't have covid but spent time in a place where someone did have it?
!

10 days if you have symptoms, 14 days if you live with someone with symptoms. It's all on the government web site.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 38
ginnywings
September 30, 2020, 2:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
KingstonMariner
September 30, 2020, 5:19pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Be funny if someone won that shirt at auction and then organised a live burning* to raise more money.

* of the vandalised shirt not the vandal

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › James Findlater’s article

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.