pen penfras
September 28, 2020, 10:31am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from KingstonMariner

5% of away tickets sold through GTFC isn’t it? Whereas we get 80% of everything above a threshold (500?) iFollow match passes. With no travel constraints we could get more people watching on iFollow than were able to physically attend.

Sorry, I got that the wrong way around. We don't get the first 500 sales. We probably get even less that way. I doubt we have 1000 individual passes purchased for away games with people watching within the same household, some won't watch and some will watch dodgy links rather than pay.

I'm not sure if we get 60% or 80% of the sale. I've seen both numbers listed by clubs, not sure what the latest is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 28, 2020, 10:44am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,643
Gold Stars: 70
The big question for me following last weekend’s fixtures is simply were we right to postpone our game and close the training ground after one player tested positive or, were Stevenage right in playing their match after 3 players failed the Covid test?

Either the EFL has totally ineffective and unclear protocols or either Town or Stevenage have applied the protocol incorrectly. I await the outcome of the investigation and no doubt a further statement from our Chairman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
arryarryarry
September 28, 2020, 10:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Aimed at the fact he's playing for Spalding but training with town, means he had the potential to pick up at Spalding then cross contaminate into the town squad. If he's playing at Spalding he should only have mixed with their squad.

That is surely a dig at every football club that sends players out on loan.

He probably has just as big a chance of catching it anywhere he goes out.

I thought that article was just long rant about Boris Johnson.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
KingstonMariner
September 28, 2020, 11:42am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

Sorry, I got that the wrong way around. We don't get the first 500 sales. We probably get even less that way. I doubt we have 1000 individual passes purchased for away games with people watching within the same household, some won't watch and some will watch dodgy links rather than pay.

I'm not sure if we get 60% or 80% of the sale. I've seen both numbers listed by clubs, not sure what the latest is.

Good point about households watching together. But people can watch games that they wouldn’t consider going to. I wouldn’t have gone to Walsall the other week for example. Most home games I’d miss too.

I’m not saying this is a replacement for traditional match day income, but it must help defray the marginal costs of putting a game on.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
jamesgtfc
September 28, 2020, 11:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Everyone moaning at Jock training with us and Spalding...

We are a professional outfit and it is probably in his contract that he trains like a professional. Spalding are part-time and probably train once or twice per week on an evening.

We send players out on loan to develop what they learn Monday-Friday with us. If he was on loan at Notts County for example, I'm sure we would see very little of him but he's not.

I believe we've had a number of players on loan in the past who only train with our squad 1-2 days per week. Appreciate these are different times but if the system allows it to happen, I can see why we did it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
RichMariner
September 28, 2020, 1:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
I'm confused — and maybe this is the point: have we and Stevenage interpreted the same rules differently, or are the rules open to interpretation?

From what I can gather, we cancelled a match (and potentially two more) because one player had covid, and Stevenage played a match despite three players having covid.

I honestly don't know how long I should isolate for, if I had covid symptoms. Is it different for footballers? How long do you self-isolate for if you don't have covid but spent time in a place where someone did have it?

The lockdown rules differ from city to city at the moment. The government (and governing bodies) aren't being consistent or clear about any of this. I appreciate we're living in unprecedented times where hindsight is the winner, but really, I haven't got a clue who's right, who's wrong, who's playing by the official rules, who isn't... and what the official rules are!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
GrimRob
September 28, 2020, 1:36pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from RichMariner
I honestly don't know how long I should isolate for, if I had covid symptoms. Is it different for footballers? How long do you self-isolate for if you don't have covid but spent time in a place where someone did have it?
!

10 days if you have symptoms, 14 days if you live with someone with symptoms. It's all on the government web site.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 38
ginnywings
September 30, 2020, 2:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
KingstonMariner
September 30, 2020, 5:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

Be funny if someone won that shirt at auction and then organised a live burning* to raise more money.

* of the vandalised shirt not the vandal

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › James Findlater’s article

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.