denni266
September 19, 2020, 7:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from GrimRob

It wasn't long ago there was a thread on here about Town getting promoted and now the mood has swing the other way. It's almost certainly too early to say. We've signed a shed load of players, and had no pre-season. These early games basically are our pre-season! We're far from a well oiled machine.

Failure to have a pre season imo is because of penny pinching again .failure to have enough time or players for pre season games is just asking for trouble and that is what we have now . Too many players that are not any where near league standard is olly`s fault, and he should have known better. It looks like the max budget is 1.5 mill , but he has been told to only spend 1 mill or less. we are all suposed to be in the same boat but again we are well behind most clubs at our level. i also think with having a short pre season some players have broken down and got injured trying to push it too far and fast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 237
GrimRob
September 19, 2020, 7:51pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,399
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from denni266

Failure to have a pre season imo is because of penny pinching again .failure to have enough time or players for pre season games is just asking for trouble and that is what we have now . Too many players that are not any where near league standard is olly`s fault, and he should have known better. It looks like the max budget is 1.5 mill , but he has been told to only spend 1 mill or less. we are all suposed to be in the same boat but again we are well behind most clubs at our level. i also think with having a short pre season some players have broken down and got injured trying to push it too far and fast

We could have just played Cleethorpes six times. It would have been better than what we did!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 231 - 237
fishcake63
September 19, 2020, 7:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,223
Gold Stars: 62
Well under anthony we won 1-0 last yr
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 237
fishcake63
September 19, 2020, 7:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,223
Gold Stars: 62
ollie  0-4 ?? anthony 1-0 ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 237
HertsGTFC
September 19, 2020, 8:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,907
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from SDUTM

I don’t like Fenty not going to hide that fact and today’s performance underlies my reasons why! He is single handily killing the Club off again and praise over how we are being run in light of COVID are very short sighted.

Pitch: terrible as we did nothing to it during lock down, look at other clubs in our league, their pitches are mint. How many clubs in league 2 closed up shop and did nothing during lockdown? Looking at other clubs on TV we most definitely seem to have the worst pitch.

Signings: have we actually signed anyone on a permanent deal where any of us are looking and thinking decent? Then again how can Holloway sign a decent player with Fenty & Co insisting on COVID clauses in players contracts? Good business sense yes however why would any decent player sign up for this, especially as we are in the very minority inserting such clauses? A decent player is going to be in demand and simply is going to wait to get the most that he can as football careers are very short, those coming to town are coming because their options are very limited elsewhere.

Fenty still pulls all the strings at the club as he’s the only person with serious money on the board. Despite this he does not want to put money in and is happy to take money off us, the supporters via things like the crowd funder, reworded terms and conditions for season tickets that sees no refunds and share issues, yet not put in any himself. If this is wrong Fenty then why don’t you and your Merry board friends come out and tell us how much money you have collectively put into the club so far this year? You won’t because the answer is ZERO, yet the supporters whom many have nothing try to give our club everything in order for it to survive.

Change the f*****g record dredging up the same old same old doesn’t help.

JF and the boys have in the past made some indefensible gaffs but fact that the club has had a drastic cut in income but still isn’t operating in an overdraft would suggest they’ve done the first thing on their job description and protected and safe guarded the football club.

Yeah we could have paid every player 100% of their wages and given Clarke, Chas and everyone else IH was talking to what they demanded but would that have been the right thing to do under the current uncertain times? I’m not convinced TBH. Would we have 6 points from 6 at this stage, who knows.

I thought we where crap today but most clubs at our level only have a first 11 or so, the rest are in selection terms possibles rather than probables and due to injury and players being “not ready” today’s team consisted mainly of possibles.

If you want to criticise someone I think IH made some gaffs today the main one was that he should have used the tiny bit of experience he had available to him rather than leaving it on the bench.

I think we’re going to struggle but it’s too early to say to what extent.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 237
jamesgtfc
September 19, 2020, 8:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
There are plenty of teams local to us. Surely we could have arranged a friendly with Hull, Lincoln, Gainsborough, Boston, Sheffield Utd/Wed, Rotherham, Leeds, Doncaster?

Boston reported that we wanted a friendly with them but they rejected it because they had only just reported back but surely we could have fitted something in a week later?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 237
Mayaman
September 20, 2020, 5:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,394
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
We’re not there yet, we know we’re not. Let’s not over-react, just yet.
I suppose I await the red crosses, do I care?

Two games in and a lot of fans have thrown the towel in.  It's pathetic.  Yeah we need to change things but I think a lot of fans enjoy a season of moaning. If their keeper hadn't made a wonderful save off Green, things could have been different. Ohman's header was a good effort too and the keeper just got his toe to it.  Could have been a different story.  Hewitt didn't seem to care and Taylor was bone idle.  Tilley was beaten psychologically from the get go.  If you don't want to play for the Mariners sodomist off.  Get the players on who want to play and I am sure it will click.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 237
Rick12
September 20, 2020, 6:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Mayaman

Two games in and a lot of fans have thrown the towel in.  It's pathetic.  .
My view as well. Far to early to judge. In football as in life your going to get some misfortune come your way as what happened to us yesterday when some of them penalty's were given against us. Hopefully things start picking up in the next 3 or so games and we get some points on the board.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 237
24 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salford (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.