24 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
chipsandgravy
September 19, 2020, 5:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,605
Gold Stars: 37
Oh for a Pouton, Cunnington or Cockerill. Almost makes you weep!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 237
Withnail
September 19, 2020, 5:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Throw a Gilbert, Birtles, Mendonca and Futch into the equation and...oh no... where's my handkerchief.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 237
GrimRob
September 19, 2020, 5:52pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from denni266
I think the only way we are going to stay a league club this season is for it to be locked down again or clubs to fold. we have been sold down the river again. We let far too many players go just to save a few bob , and replace them with kids and non league players . Olley thinks he is better than he is by a long way . you cant take kids and non league players and expect them to just step up and be wonder kids over night . the aim is to win games now not keep looking for later on . If this is the best we can do given we are all suposed to have the same budget , is it realy worth it

It wasn't long ago there was a thread on here about Town getting promoted and now the mood has swing the other way. It's almost certainly too early to say. We've signed a shed load of players, and had no pre-season. These early games basically are our pre-season! We're far from a well oiled machine.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 222 - 237
lee65
September 19, 2020, 5:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Just one MF player like that would make all the difference  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 237
Stadium
September 19, 2020, 6:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
IH:

"It is what it is I’m afraid. If you look back at the game, we had opportunities in the first half when it was goalless and close, probably better opportunities.

We felt there was a penalty, ref didn’t give it, and then before you know it they’ve gone up the other end and got one.

I didn’t like us after we let a goal in. Things stopped, and then our inexperience showed."

2nd Penalty:

"I was as perplexed as anyone in the ground, and there aren’t many of us, but I don’t know what the second penalty was for.

For me, it looked like the bloke belted it at my fella, and if it hits his hand, it can’t possibly be deliberate, and they go and get that one.

After that, we died, and when you’re a new group, and you’re as young as we are at the moment, that’s a bit of a worry, that’s a bit dangerous, and that’s what happened I’m afraid."

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 237
Ipswin
September 19, 2020, 6:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimps
Right I’m off , I only come on here when we’re winning so I’ll see you when I see you  

Cheers mate, have a nice Christmas

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 237
SDUTM
September 19, 2020, 6:15pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +179
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from TAGG

I did say the bottom lickers and hero worshipper would be after me 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

I don’t like Fenty not going to hide that fact and today’s performance underlies my reasons why! He is single handily killing the Club off again and praise over how we are being run in light of COVID are very short sighted.

Pitch: terrible as we did nothing to it during lock down, look at other clubs in our league, their pitches are mint. How many clubs in league 2 closed up shop and did nothing during lockdown? Looking at other clubs on TV we most definitely seem to have the worst pitch.

Signings: have we actually signed anyone on a permanent deal where any of us are looking and thinking decent? Then again how can Holloway sign a decent player with Fenty & Co insisting on COVID clauses in players contracts? Good business sense yes however why would any decent player sign up for this, especially as we are in the very minority inserting such clauses? A decent player is going to be in demand and simply is going to wait to get the most that he can as football careers are very short, those coming to town are coming because their options are very limited elsewhere.

Fenty still pulls all the strings at the club as he’s the only person with serious money on the board. Despite this he does not want to put money in and is happy to take money off us, the supporters via things like the crowd funder, reworded terms and conditions for season tickets that sees no refunds and share issues, yet not put in any himself. If this is wrong Fenty then why don’t you and your Merry board friends come out and tell us how much money you have collectively put into the club so far this year? You won’t because the answer is ZERO, yet the supporters whom many have nothing try to give our club everything in order for it to survive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 237
Stadium
September 19, 2020, 6:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from SDUTM

I don’t like Fenty not going to hide that fact and today’s performance underlies my reasons why! He is single handily killing the Club off again and praise over how we are being run in light of COVID are very short sighted.

Pitch: terrible as we did nothing to it during lock down, look at other clubs in our league, their pitches are mint. How many clubs in league 2 closed up shop and did nothing during lockdown? Looking at other clubs on TV we most definitely seem to have the worst pitch.

Signings: have we actually signed anyone on a permanent deal where any of us are looking and thinking decent? Then again how can Holloway sign a decent player with Fenty & Co insisting on COVID clauses in players contracts? Good business sense yes however why would any decent player sign up for this, especially as we are in the very minority inserting such clauses? A decent player is going to be in demand and simply is going to wait to get the most that he can as football careers are very short, those coming to town are coming because their options are very limited elsewhere.

Fenty still pulls all the strings at the club as he’s the only person with serious money on the board. Despite this he does not want to put money in and is happy to take money off us, the supporters via things like the crowd funder, reworded terms and conditions for season tickets that sees no refunds and share issues, yet not put in any himself. If this is wrong Fenty then why don’t you and your Merry board friends come out and tell us how much money you have collectively put into the club so far this year? You won’t because the answer is ZERO, yet the supporters whom many have nothing try to give our club everything in order for it to survive.

Plenty of supporters questioned this and additional funds raised for the club.
Even questioning were the monies would be used brought some interesting responses from certain posters.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 237
Ipswin
September 19, 2020, 6:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from SDUTM

Perhaps you could send this to Holloway for him to use when he runs out of excuses and his comedy value finally expires (send it soon as it won't be long) or if you are really keen for Fenty to put some money in (and therefore increase the benign loan that everyone is always knocking him for) perhaps he could give Holloway his alleged £100,000 investment back so he can go quietly.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 237
SDUTM
September 19, 2020, 7:22pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +179
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Ipswin

Perhaps you could send this to Holloway for him to use when he runs out of excuses and his comedy value finally expires (send it soon as it won't be long) or if you are really keen for Fenty to put some money in (and therefore increase the benign loan that everyone is always knocking him for) perhaps he could give Holloway his alleged £100,000 investment back so he can go quietly.

That’s if he’s even put this money in, saying and doing are two very different things. Holloway has to stand by the signings that he’s made however I do feel that he has been shackled to a large extent by the Club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 237
24 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salford (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.