Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salford (H) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 311 Guests

Salford (H) Match Thread

This thread currently has 27,096 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
September 19, 2020, 5:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Not the youngsters fault at all but this was a game that needed fighting spirit and experience. We look miles off where we need to be.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 237
Grimbiggs
September 19, 2020, 5:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Don't like betting against Town, but I did today, and whilst the first half was even, we were very poor in the 2nd, with some bad defending, and not able to find a pass. We look well short on quality, but what can't be excused are our poor levels of fitness....after struggling against Morecambe, and then seeing them get hammered today, it's going to be a long season...UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 237
sonofmadeleymariner
September 19, 2020, 5:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Garbage 2nd half, might as well of played with 10 men then have Taylor on the pitch at least everyone else would of had to work harder then just have him lazily marking, passing and jogging round the pitch.

Can't argue about 2 of the penos, they were penos only complaint is when they were happening at the other end the ref oddly didn't see it that way.

Today shows we desperately need someone like Hanson back, fully fit Scannell and Rose and players like Edwards, Tilley and a few of the other young lads coming off the bench rather then starting.

Idehan, Clifton and Ohamn the only real players to praise today again.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 237
moosey_club
September 19, 2020, 5:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
Well we looked very jittery at the start with Macca flapping about but then settled ok , Hewitt fast asleep to give away the first, we created chances, certainly looked more positive at times than we ever did last week , plenty of players in the box but just no finish.

Allowed them far too much time to put dangerous looking balls in throughout, i think that was the shape allowing them to double up out wide.
Second goal killed the game, handball against Hewitt i am presuming...harsh an understatement...third goal Taylor too knackered to pick the pass off in the midfield and too tired to close down another cross.
Look at the centre halves if you like but a small striker heading in from inside the 6 yd box....i would expect the keeper to be somewhere in that picture.
Fourth goal...if he hadnt of been pulled back the contact on his first shot would have scored, in the heat of the moment Ohman not really thinking clearly that the game is over anyway so just let him score and avoid a suspension.

Tilley & Williams not good enough for me, Taylor tires too quickly ,  our lack of pre season games, understanding, preparation , fitness and quality in depth shining through.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 237
tashee69
September 19, 2020, 5:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Ohman red.

Only bonus is we won't see him for 3 games now.

Sorry to disappoint you, it’ll only be 1 for a professional foul, it’s violent conduct that gets you 3

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 237
Marinerz93
September 19, 2020, 5:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
As a general guide most say lets see where we are after the first 10 games, so lets not panic just yet.

After today's non performance and lack of fight, we need to see a reaction from the players and Ollie to restore some faith, come on Ollie sort it out.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 237
Masirah Mariner
September 19, 2020, 5:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +62
Well that just got more and more painful to watch. Didn’t think the first half was too bad considering where the squad is but Taylor or Tilley should have been changed at half time. Tilley in particular was owned by their left back and Taylor was seemingly knackered and missing the whole game. I thought Green played well today, plenty of work rate and really unlucky not to get a goal drawing a great save. Clifton put in a shift. Ohman’s red card makes it easier now to shoe in a different CB pairing. Not much to say about the second half, it was terrible.

Hoping a fit Scannel, Rose and Hanson can bring much more to the team. I’d like to get a 30 min look at Sisay over the next few games.

Does Macca always dive right on Penalties?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 237
BrMarin
September 19, 2020, 5:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +100
Gold Stars: 8
Should play the best players and keep playing them until they are fit enough to last the whole game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 237
NorthseaMariner
September 19, 2020, 5:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,524
Gold Stars: 11
We’re not there yet, we know we’re not. Let’s not over-react, just yet.
I suppose I await the red crosses, do I care?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 237
denni266
September 19, 2020, 5:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
I think the only way we are going to stay a league club this season is for it to be locked down again or clubs to fold. we have been sold down the river again. We let far too many players go just to save a few bob , and replace them with kids and non league players . Olley thinks he is better than he is by a long way . you cant take kids and non league players and expect them to just step up and be wonder kids over night . the aim is to win games now not keep looking for later on . If this is the best we can do given we are all suposed to have the same budget , is it realy worth it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 237
24 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salford (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.