4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
June 14, 2020, 5:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,872
Gold Stars: 66
Folks, the Scottish Championship have voted for a 27 match season, starting in empty stadiums in October.
What do they know which is yet to be shared?

Not sure how that would translate into league 2 but no doubt clubs will be looking at options. Looks like we can go on holiday in August and September and not miss the footy fix
Logged Offline
Private Message
Yoda
June 14, 2020, 6:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,935
Gold Stars: 62
i think this season will start in November mist teams have said it’s not worth starting without any fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
lew chaterleys lover
June 14, 2020, 6:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
I think things will get back to normal pretty quickly from here.

The two metre rule will be relaxed shortly and they will be desperate for economic activity to take off including sport and pubs etc.

I guess some medically vulnerable people wont risk going even when it is sanctioned which is fair enough.

It is only mid June and if the numbers continue to fall I am hoping for my footy fix sooner rather than later.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
horsforthmariner
June 14, 2020, 7:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,575
Gold Stars: 8
I think things will get back to normal pretty quickly from here.

The two metre rule will be relaxed shortly and they will be desperate for economic activity to take off including sport and pubs etc.

I guess some medically vulnerable people wont risk going even when it is sanctioned which is fair enough.

It is only mid June and if the numbers continue to fall I am hoping for my footy fix sooner rather than later.

I think it's really unlikely that things will get back to normal pretty quickly. I suspect cases will bubble away for a few months and then when it gets colder it'll pick up again.Im doubtful it'll get back to the stage we were in March/April but I reckon the scentists will be reluctant to give the go-ahead to certain things for a long time. Gyms, gigs, most mass gatherings.

We might be able to get 1500-2k into blundell park but little extra. There is probably a model where there is an Ifollow season ticket as well. That might be viable. If thats the case they should just crack on in early August.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
It Bites
June 14, 2020, 7:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +5 / -8
Approval: +1,967
Gold Stars: 238
No one will be in BP untill a vaccine  is found which will be at least another year of testing etc . Just move on and enjoy this time with your family and friends . Football is so far down the pecking order right now   . The only reason the prem and champ are 're starting is money money money . Most those clubs don't fans anyway
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
Hagrid
June 14, 2020, 7:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 507
No guarantee a vaccine will be found. If the case its learn to live with it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
Manchester Mariner
June 14, 2020, 7:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
I got an email last week telling me that a gig I I should've been at in May has been rescheduled to this September. Seems very optimistic to me, especially for an indoor show. For football I can see some sort of work around incorporating lower capacities and social distancing being devised in the next few months to get crowds in before the end of the year.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
Epworth Mariner
June 14, 2020, 7:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +646
Gold Stars: 57
Who fancies a social distance walk along the prom singing “Fish”.....then a Steels takeaway ......
Would be great fun and any day trippers would be welcome......unless they support Stevenage.....lol !
Perhaps Mr & Mrs Ollie would come ?
We need to do something........
UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
SDUTM
June 14, 2020, 7:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +179
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from It Bites
No one will be in BP untill a vaccine  is found which will be at least another year of testing etc . Just move on and enjoy this time with your family and friends . Football is so far down the pecking order right now   . The only reason the prem and champ are 're starting is money money money . Most those clubs don't fans anyway

Football for lower league clubs could be gone if we hold out for a vaccine. Whilst I appreciate that we need to do all that we can to protect and save lives, there must also be some common ground where policies adopted by all clubs could significantly reduce risk whilst not bankrupting clubs in the process?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
Poojah
June 14, 2020, 7:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
New Zealand have eradicated the virus, and resumed sport in front of full stadiums yesterday.

I’m no expert, obviously, but in my opinion we will reach something close to normality without a vaccine, and sooner than you think. Levels are dropping throughout Europe, even where lockdowns have been substantially relaxed - the virus is becoming either less transmissible or less virulent (perhaps even both).

My optimistic prediction: a full season restart in September in front of normal crowds, but no League Cup or tin pot trophy. That’s three months away - a lot can change in that time.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Start of next season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.