August 4, 2020, 11:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from golfer
I don't think people will sling money in if they "can't afford it"

Oh I agree, but I’ve also had conversations with several fans who have felt hardship yet still gave the crowd funder £20. Stupidity on their part perhaps but these things are naturally emotive and sometimes people make blind decisions when it comes to their club.

And to be fair, the phrase ‘slinging money they can’t afford at it’ is rather synonymous with football don’t ya think?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
Iknowyoursecret
August 4, 2020, 7:58pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Estate agent is axed over anti-Jew Tweets
By OLIVER NORTON
29th July 2014, 11:00 pm
Updated: 6th April 2016, 9:19 am
AN ESTATE agent has been fired for tweeting anti-Jewish slurs.

Sales and marketing consultant Richard Ladd posted vile comments in response to an online spat between two footballers.

After exchanges between English ace Joey Barton and his former Queens Park Rangers team-mate, Israeli Yossi Benayoun, Ladd wrote: “Shut up you ugly Jewish c***. If only Hitler was still around to sort you out.”

Bosses at McEwan Fraser Legal in Edinburgh said they were “horrified” by the posts and had sacked Ladd. Director Neil Morgan confirmed yesterday: “His employment was terminated due to gross misconduct.

“We condemn any form of intolerant or discriminatory behaviour.” Ladd is believed to be from Cleethorpes, Lincs, and to have started working at McEwan Fraser Legal in April.

He has closed his Twitter account and could not be reached for comment yesterday.

The players’ bust-up over the violence in Gaza came after Benayoun was involved in a scuffle with pro-Palestinian demonstrators during a friendly match in Austria last week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
aldi_01
August 5, 2020, 7:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Is this the same chap?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
SDUTM
August 5, 2020, 9:34am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +179
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from aldi_01
Is this the same chap?

It is unfortunately! Do we smash somebody for the rest of their life for something that they have said? I don’t know? What he said was sick and very very stupid, if it was a moment of madness that he’s deeply sorry for is that enough for our club to be associated with? Again I don’t know as we all have a difference of opinion on how we see things and what we feel is fair justice for what he did, such as losing his job?

The main point is that he started something good for the club and it’s impossible for the club or anyone else that’s supported the Crowdfunding to know the full ins and outs of the person who started the fund and those supporting the fund are supporting the club and not him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › DON'T donate to the crowdfunder

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.