4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
FFS
May 24, 2020, 10:52am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +38 / -2
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 11
I’ve remained silent for years but I cannot any more.

Do not donate to the Crowdfunder. And I speak as someone who donated a substantial sum to Operation Promotion.

The club is going to the wire.  You will be throwing your money away.

The money you donate will not fund new players - at best it will fund the club’s running costs or at worst end up in the back pocket of a certain shareholder.

The Directors are there for a reason. In times of hardship it is THEIR job to fund the club. But they will not. Not now.  They are running scared of the black hole that is approaching. They know it, but will not admit it to you.  News will emerge soon to confirm this.

The majority shareholder especially will not put his hand in his pocket now. His strategy over the last five years has been to claw back money from the club - to make himself good, while clinging on to his “legacy”.  He is not about to reverse this strategy.

If you donate you will be contributing to the never ending circle of poor board decisions, and wastage.  We are not “well run”.  If we were we would not still be printing our tickets with a dot matrix printer from the early 80s.  We would not be writing season ticket holder details in a book. Any “well run” club would have a CRM system in the 21st century.  Any well run club would be in a new ground by now (at the fifth time of asking).  We are not and never will be under the current leadership. They are not capable of delivering it. Freeman Street is a dead duck.

If the Directors will not contribute then why should you the fan (especially a season ticket holder who has already lost out this season) put their own hands in their pockets?  

This is a time of great hardship.  Lives and livelihoods are being lost.  Keep your money safe for tomorrow - you may need it.

BUT IT IS A GOOD THING if you don’t donate.  Desperate times need desperate measures.  And as each day goes by the Shutes consortium are moving closer to closing the deal on their terms, not Fenty’s.  

The takeover will mark a new golden age for GTFC.

Please keep your money in your pocket and let the natural course of events take their path.

Do NOT donate to the crowdfunder.

"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others."
-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
barralad
May 24, 2020, 11:29am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Go on then...

The crowdfunder isn't to fund new players. It's a recognition by some fans that the current situation is very serious and that they want to do something to help..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
HertsGTFC
May 24, 2020, 12:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from FFS

Do not donate to the Crowdfunder. And I speak as someone who donated a substantial sum to Operation Promotion.

The money you donate will not fund new players - at best it will fund the club’s running costs or at worst end up in the back pocket of a certain shareholder.

The Directors are there for a reason. In times of hardship it is THEIR job to fund the club. But they will not. Not now.  They are running scared of the black hole that is approaching. They know it, but will not admit it to you.  News will emerge soon to confirm this.

The majority shareholder especially will not put his hand in his pocket now. His strategy over the last five years has been to claw back money from the club - to make himself good, while clinging on to his “legacy”.  He is not about to reverse this strategy.

If you donate you will be contributing to the never ending circle of poor board decisions, and wastage.  We are not “well run”.  If we were we would not still be printing our tickets with a dot matrix printer from the early 80s.  We would not be writing season ticket holder details in a book. Any “well run” club would have a CRM system in the 21st century.  Any well run club would be in a new ground by now (at the fifth time of asking).  We are not and never will be under the current leadership. They are not capable of delivering it. Freeman Street is a dead duck.

If the Directors will not contribute then why should you the fan (especially a season ticket holder who has already lost out this season) put their own hands in their pockets?  

This is a time of great hardship.  Lives and livelihoods are being lost.  Keep your money safe for tomorrow - you may need it.

BUT IT IS A GOOD THING if you don’t donate.  Desperate times need desperate measures.  And as each day goes by the Shutes consortium are moving closer to closing the deal on their terms, not Fenty’s.  

Please keep your money in your pocket and let the natural course of events take their path.

Thanks Tom ...

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
LH
May 24, 2020, 1:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Where’s FFS when you need him?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 24, 2020, 1:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from LH
Where’s FFS when you need him?

Probably in Barnard Castle (or Gallimore Fort)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
GrimExile
May 24, 2020, 3:08pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from FFS

This is NOT to buy players, it is to do our little bit to try and keep our beloved club afloat and that little bit healthier in these extraordinary times. I think I can safely say this is the most ridiculous post I’ve ever ever read, and I’ve read a few.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
arryarryarry
May 24, 2020, 4:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GrimExile

This is NOT to buy players, it is to do our little bit to try and keep our beloved club afloat and that little bit healthier in these extraordinary times. I think I can safely say this is the most ridiculous post I’ve ever ever read, and I’ve read a few.

It would probably be better received if the Board members came out and promised to match the total raised.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
Iknowyoursecret
May 25, 2020, 12:48am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Or at least a percentage of what’s raised
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
aldi_01
May 25, 2020, 8:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Or may be some stipulations on what it can be spent on.

I take what Holloway says with a pinch of salt, regardless of his experience in the game, he’s been here five minutes and his comment is merely an attempt to show potential signings that they won’t be heading in to a club like Macclesfield for instance.

We’ve been told that money that has gone out of the club to a certain person is not paying the loans but goes out because it can’t be spent on players so it’s simpler to take it out, or words pretty much to that effect. I mean aside from redeveloping the training ground, ticketing systems, changing facilities, youth setup and so forth, now is the time that that money, had it been sat in an account, been extremely useful I’d guess.

I mean who the intercourse knows with GTFC. I can see why some would be tempted to donate to a crowd fund for the club but until the fans are genuinely given some respect, let’s face it, we’re still waiting for an apology after our glorious safety manager implied we’re all trouble makers, then many will not.

Being well run isn’t always about pounds and pence. It goes well beyond that.

So with all due respect for the club, they’ve had nigh on £750+ a year from me for the last 10 at least, that’s all they’ll be getting...the list of reasons for that is endless...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
Iknowyoursecret
May 25, 2020, 11:49am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Wot no offer from directors,no good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › DON'T donate to the crowdfunder

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.