Reply: 12 - 34
mimma
August 2, 2020, 1:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,569
Gold Stars: 78
I'm not going to let FFS or anyone else with extreme views tell me what I should or should not do with my money.

I don't agree with a single letter of the original post, I think whoever posted it is just a troll trying to stir it up.

If you want to get fans going, then I suggest you go on the scunny site, and rev them up about their next manager, and leave us proper fans alone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
SDUTM
August 2, 2020, 2:24pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +179
Gold Stars: 2
We will only have a black hole if they don’t manage to get us the fans back into the ground. This also needs to be sooner rather than later and for me should be at the expense of no away crowd to allow as many home fans in as possible.

I must admit that I would feel happier about the Club if the one and only director with money came out and declared his stance on things. Is he going to cover any deficit or not? I’m led to believe that he does not want to put any money into the club however I fail to see him letting it go under as he is the major creditor that we have and therefore his own money would be gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
GollyGTFC
August 2, 2020, 2:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,960
Gold Stars: 356
Whatever you think of that rant...

Shutes and his consortium were/are expected to provide proof of funds incase the club faces hardship, but it seems the current regime aren’t prepared to put any money into the club at this difficult time. You only have to look at recent club accounts to see how much the club has repaid to JSF in the past few years. That’s money that sat in the clubs bank account would make a huge difference to the club right now.

The current board like to paint a picture that the debt to the owner is because of ITV digital and a historic HMRC debt. But 2008/09 and 2009/10 we lost £2m as we spunked cash in a successful and then unsuccessful attempt to stay in the football league whilst paying off manager after manager and useless player after useless player.

To put that in context the £2m that we overspent in those 2 years under Fenty’s watch is greater than the debt which is still owed to him.

Personally I think he doesn’t deserve to be repaid the money as it was his decision to spend it in a desperate attempt to repair his abject running of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 34
aldi_01
August 3, 2020, 8:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Whatever you think of that rant...

Shutes and his consortium were/are expected to provide proof of funds incase the club faces hardship, but it seems the current regime aren’t prepared to put any money into the club at this difficult time. You only have to look at recent club accounts to see how much the club has repaid to JSF in the past few years. That’s money that sat in the clubs bank account would make a huge difference to the club right now.

The current board like to paint a picture that the debt to the owner is because of ITV digital and a historic HMRC debt. But 2008/09 and 2009/10 we lost £2m as we spunked cash in a successful and then unsuccessful attempt to stay in the football league whilst paying off manager after manager and useless player after useless player.

To put that in context the £2m that we overspent in those 2 years under Fenty’s watch is greater than the debt which is still owed to him.

Personally I think he doesn’t deserve to be repaid the money as it was his decision to spend it in a desperate attempt to repair his abject running of the club.

One hundred percent this...which is why not any crowd funder will receive a penny of my cash. I haven’t heard or seen a single board member put their own hand in their pocket...perhaps they shouldn’t have to but it might show a sense of solidarity and support for the club. If they have then I’ve missed that one.

People can have their view on the original post but whilst those stank their feet and say they’ll do whatever they want with their cash, same as you can choose your opinion on the running of the club and any potential free money they’ll get...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
golfer
August 3, 2020, 8:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,430
Gold Stars: 116
Everything switches round to JSF bashing - it's about time we started blaming him for the virus - now that could really take off.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
aldi_01
August 3, 2020, 8:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I don’t think there has been any Fenty bashing, just a representation of the facts.

There’s plenty to bash him for but simply stating he has taken money out of the club whilst none of it has seemingly contributed to clearing his loans is fact.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
It Bites
August 3, 2020, 9:09am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,162
Gold Stars: 264
[quote=156]I'm not going to let FFS or anyone else with extreme views tell me what I should or should not do with my money.

Extreme Views ? . Seriously ? . I think you have been watching too many politicians . It's a lazy argument calling someone extreme for having a different view of things to yourself . Here's an extreme thought for you. ...... Don't type anything without thinking it through

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › DON'T donate to the crowdfunder

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.