6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Epworth Mariner
May 21, 2020, 4:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +646
Gold Stars: 57
I expect Olly knows what he’s doing.......and spoken to the players released. He’s not daft and knows how to manage people. I would think some may still be on his list to re-sign if available and when money allows.
He will also be able to pick from a bigger pool with increased availability at a much reduced cost.
Just need to keep the bloody day trippers off Cleethorpes beach now...!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
geir
May 21, 2020, 4:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9

Really, really disappointed with Hess leaving. Best and most consistent player for us the last couple of seasons. He`s guaranteed to find a club at least at our level and maybe even in League 1. Let`s hope for the latter as he would probably make it difficult for us as an opponent in the same league.
But.... in Holloway we trust...

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 21, 2020, 5:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from geir

Really, really disappointed with Hess leaving. Best and most consistent player for us the last couple of seasons. He`s guaranteed to find a club at least at our level and maybe even in League 1. Let`s hope for the latter as he would probably make it difficult for us as an opponent in the same league.
But.... in Holloway we trust...

I suspect as he played down south before coming here he was of our better paid players which most of us would assume is the major driver behind his release but agree with others that he has been our most consistent performer over his time with the club.

I also wonder, given their ages, how fit and able Green and Hanson will be if we don’t play for six months or more? Rest is one thing but game time is much needed at their time of career.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
Manchester Mariner
May 21, 2020, 5:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Abdul19
So basically everyone out of contract without an option has been released.

Seems to be the way things are going. Wouldn't surprise me if we could be about to see substantially more youth players offered contracts than usual across the lower leagues.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
monkeyboy
May 21, 2020, 6:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I’m not disappointed with who was released but I’m very disappointed with green staying. Guess they not costing anything on furlough tho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
MuddyWaters
May 21, 2020, 6:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from monkeyboy
I’m not disappointed with who was released but I’m very disappointed with green staying. Guess they not costing anything on furlough tho.

Would have probably been expensive to pay Green off. If, and it’s a big if, we get an idea of when the club can start getting revenue in again and it’s sooner rather than later, then there’s one or two who I suspect we’ll see again.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
Squinter
May 21, 2020, 7:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Disapointed to see Hess leave, but I suspect in the coming months there maybe some very good players become available at considerably lower wages than last year.  Every club in the country is going to have to cut its costs which may include smaller squads.  Can also see Prem & Championship clubs wanting to send more squad players out on long term loans to cut costs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
psgmariner
May 21, 2020, 7:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Hess wants a move down south. Not bothered about the rest to be honest. Good luck to them all though.

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
Poojah
May 21, 2020, 7:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,533
Gold Stars: 1,500
It's a real shame that Hess' last action in a Town shirt was that assault in the Stevenage game. I will take some solace if today also happens to be the day they are removed from the League Two toilet bowl like the nasty little shít stain they are...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
Heisenberg
May 21, 2020, 8:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from psgmariner
Hess wants a move down south. Not bothered about the rest to be honest. Good luck to them all though.

This is what I assumed. Not for one minute did I expect Hess to stay, I’d imagine he wanted to leave. Same with Davis, he only stayed because we took up his option and he had no choice.

I hope we keep Wright and Vernam.

And I’d actually be surprised if Öhman comes back, I’d doubt he wants to be here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Retained List

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.