toontown
May 21, 2020, 8:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,267
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from monkeyboy
I’m not disappointed with who was released but I’m very disappointed with green staying. Guess they not costing anything on furlough tho.

He will be costing whatever his wages are above and beyond the 600 quid a week max employees on furlough get. Which is no doubt quite considerable. Playing contracts have to be honoured in full by foot all teams as part of being in the EFL.

I wonder if that will change fuether down the line. It's the nuclear option I guess if the no crowds thing continues and PFA doesn't come to an arrangemnt on player wages for existing contracts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
HertsGTFC
May 21, 2020, 10:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Shame about Hess but he has shone in what has been an average and o. Some days poor team and we need goals from mid field. Clearly IH thinks he can bring in better.

The reality is that unless we get clarity on whether or not we can play in front of supporters next season I’m not sure how you can offer a new recruit a deal?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 21, 2020, 10:53pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 117
Looking at the wages of the, as of yesterday, current players via the medium of Football Manager, which yes I know it is just a game but a lot of research goes into the facts and figures for each team, Whitehouse and Hess were 2 of the highest earners at the club.

So whichever way you look at the situation with Whitehouse, either being the highest earner, or having a potential ban hanging over him, I can see no other option for Ollie to release him.

Hess was a players player but he deserves to play at a higher level. He will be missed.

It would be interesting to see how much wage bill has been cut and how much will be made available for a few choice new faces.

Let's just hope Ollie has an influx of good players asking him if they can play for him for smaller wages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
blundellpork
May 21, 2020, 10:58pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Whilst Hessenthaler was a neat and tidy steady Eddie player, I don’t think he offers enough for a team challenging for promotion. He stood out in a pretty average team, but Clarke, Grandin, Benson etc were all clearly better and he couldn’t get back in the side. Could see this one coming a mile off as clearly Holloway thinks he can find better, and I think he can too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 21, 2020, 11:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,680
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from blundellpork
Whilst Hessenthaler was a neat and tidy steady Eddie player, I don’t think he offers enough for a team challenging for promotion. He stood out in a pretty average team, but Clarke, Grandin, Benson etc were all clearly better and he couldn’t get back in the side. Could see this one coming a mile off as clearly Holloway thinks he can find better, and I think he can too.

When couldn’t he get back in the side? Injured against Stevenage he had not returned to full fitness by the time we played Sunny!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
jamesgtfc
May 21, 2020, 11:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
He was quite literally kicked out of the team by Simeon Jackson and Benson grasped the opportunity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
louth_in_the_south
May 21, 2020, 11:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
I wasn’t all impressed with him really . Honest player , you can’t ask any thing of his professionalism but don’t see him playing at a higher level really . Probably end up at Dover or Ebbsfleet being Kent through and through.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
Mighty_Mariner
May 21, 2020, 11:44pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
What's the 'potential Whitehouse ban' all about?!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
promotion plaice
May 21, 2020, 11:51pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,026
Gold Stars: 194
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Alleged racist abuse to a Northampton player.......

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/ne.....iation-1587141762000

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
thefish
May 21, 2020, 11:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Here you go...

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52331726[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Retained List

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.