Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Passing time at home in lockdown?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 227 Guests

Passing time at home in lockdown?

This thread currently has 19,157 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
April 5, 2020, 1:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Ipswin
Anyone watching the documentary about Real Kashmir in Srinagar managed by an ex Rangers and Leeds United player on Sky 457 (BBC Scotland) at the moment ?

I can't remember his name but he must be a relative of Jolley - I lost count of the 'f' words within the first 2 minutes!

Excellent view of someone trying to make his name as a manager in one of the worlds remotest football places with matches posponed due to the number of people being shot and killed in the political dispute

They haven't lost for a year and he just got them promoted to the top division

Get it on now - it's amazing!

I found that when I was doing some random scrolling through iplayer a few months ago. Was very interesting from all sorts of angles.
Just finished the first 3 episodes of The Border on All4. Part of the excellent Walter Presents series. There's some seriously good viewing there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 111
tintowner
April 5, 2020, 7:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Still going to work, not been furloughed.

Currently working on the Keadby 2 power station build (crane operator).

Things are pretty much the same as they were pre lockdown.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 111
Ipswin
April 5, 2020, 8:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Abdul19
David Robertson? There was a piece about him in 442 a while back. I'll find that on iPlayer, cheers!

That's the fella. Can he swear!

Don't know what the players, Indian, Pakistani and Africans (plus his son) think about it. Its a very interesting programme especially because its such a politically dangerous area

He's got balls that's for sure

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 111
Marinerz93
April 5, 2020, 7:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Surely debating stuff on the fishy passes the time  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 111
Rick12
April 6, 2020, 8:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Interesting article on Holloway on the BBC football site:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52152640

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 111
Abdul19
April 6, 2020, 11:59am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,560
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Ipswin

That's the fella. Can he swear!

"If you could play like you fucking talk, you'd be some fucking player!"

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 111
grimsby pete
April 6, 2020, 12:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
When I get a bit bored I read the posts on here from Maringer and M93 it passes an hour or two.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 111
KingstonMariner
April 6, 2020, 4:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

Spent a week in hospital last year with pancreatitis, brought on by a gallstone trapped in my bile duct. The pain was incredible and if your stones brought the same level of discomfort, then i feel your pain. At least you have been sorted.

I am waiting for gall bladder removal surgery, had the pre op and was due to see the consultant last Monday. Of course, that was all cancelled and i am now dreading having another gallstone work it's way loose. I have lots of little ones apparently and it could happen any time. Would hate to have to go back in hospital at this alarming time.

Man they do cause pain don’t they!? Never felt owt like it before. I had no clue what was happening until I had an ultrasound. I thought it was some sort of blockage of the poo pipes - have a bit of abdominal cancer in the family so naturally I looked on the black side.

Just had the op this morning Ginny (I’m a hypocrite who used his works health insurance to get it done). First off I was told by the consultant in thy be Saturday it was unlikely for months because private hospitals had been requisitioned by the NHS so no elective surgery any where.  Then I got aN email first thing the following Monday offering me a slot for 8 days later (ie for last Tuesday). Then I got a call saying that had now been cancelled due to the mobilisation. And last Thursday it was back on at a different hospital today if I wanted it.

I hope you get the op before the next incident. I was prescribed antibiotics and Tramedol ready for when it happened again when it looked like the op would be months away.

I’m a lucky boy. Only downside is the doc says I am OK to work tomorrow.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 111
KingstonMariner
April 6, 2020, 4:15pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

Behave yourself. French is a piece of  p1ss. Just ask Del Boy 😉

Mange tout Civvy. Mange tout.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 111
KingstonMariner
April 6, 2020, 4:22pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from thornemariner

I would live to visit Iran especially the NW part where the scenery is stunningß. I met some wonderful Persian people as a student nearly forty years ago and have met many more through my job too. They really are lovely,welcoming people and Persian food is marvellous. I went out for a meal with a colleague in South Croydon to celebrate Newroz some years ago and finished what I couldn't eat at a Doncaster match that evening on the way home! They have a really rich culture and are well educated too. I hope they don't suffer much more under a repressive government that does not represent the open and hospitable people that they are.

Agree on the food and hospitality thing. My ex has an Iranian friend who got political asylum in the UK with her dad at the time of the revolution (he was as an old school liberal*). Fabulous food. Not surprising given its a very old and rich culture.

They showed us pics of their hometown, Isfahan, which looks stunning.

* I don’t know if you remember but an ex Prime Minister was assassinated in Paris in the 80s while the French security service looked the other way. That was her cousin.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Passing time at home in lockdown?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.