Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Passing time at home in lockdown?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 206 Guests

Passing time at home in lockdown?

This thread currently has 19,149 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
April 2, 2020, 8:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,147
Gold Stars: 265
I didn't realise until a couple of weeks ago that YouTube have quite a !library of free films, mainly old black n white stuff, including some Hitchcock stuff and the original Day of the Triffids.
Also has some random newer stuff. watched one of our favourite ever films, an Iranian movie called A Separation. I know it's Iranian and I know it's subtitled but its a superb film, which really shows a completely different side to Iran.if you're feeling daring give it a try, it's really good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 111
GollyGTFC
April 3, 2020, 9:07am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Against my better judgement I downloaded Steam & Football Manager 20 Touch demo. Gave it a try and realised why I'm still playing CM0102.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 81 - 111
Mayaman
April 3, 2020, 9:11am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,397
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from forza ivano
I didn't realise until a couple of weeks ago that YouTube have quite a !library of free films, mainly old black n white stuff, including some Hitchcock stuff and the original Day of the Triffids.
Also has some random newer stuff. watched one of our favourite ever films, an Iranian movie called A Separation. I know it's Iranian and I know it's subtitled but its a superb film, which really shows a completely different side to Iran.if you're feeling daring give it a try, it's really good

A different side of Iran to how the Western media portrays it.  Sure, it's got problems but people I know who have travelled there say it's pretty awesome.   My aunt married one and lived there but left when Khomeni got in.  Iranian food really kicks behind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 111
Mayaman
April 3, 2020, 9:12am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,397
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from forza ivano

DId you watch Marvelous?  That's on there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 111
forza ivano
April 3, 2020, 8:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,147
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Mayaman

A different side of Iran to how the Western media portrays it.  Sure, it's got problems but people I know who have travelled there say it's pretty awesome.   My aunt married one and lived there but left when Khomeni got in.  Iranian food really kicks behind.

There's a brill Iranian restaurant underneath the railway at Huddersfield.
I used to deal with the Iranair flights when I was in Immigration.the women a 're absolutely stunning! It's a country that's definitely on My wish list.
Will check out Marvellous
About Elly is another good Iranian film
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 111
promotion plaice
April 4, 2020, 12:02am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,031
Gold Stars: 195

Just watched on Netflix , "After Life" ( Ricky Gervais) , very true to life..worth a look.

Six episodes roughly about half an hour long.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 111
ginnywings
April 4, 2020, 9:22am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I'm about to build a new shed.

I can't contain the excitement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 111
Manchester Mariner
April 4, 2020, 9:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
All of the official FIFA world cup films are available on Amazon Prime. I had Hero, the 1986 film on VHS when I was a kid so good to watch that again, nifty Michael Caine narration too. Going to work my way through them all over the next week.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 111
jaygy
April 4, 2020, 10:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Watched Sunderland 'til I die season 2. Hilarious.

Jack Ross pleading with the owner (Stewart Donald) not to pay more than £1.25m for Will Grigg as "he's not worth more than that". 24 hours later Donald pays £3m rising to £4m for him. Bonkers. Having said that I can't see any of the add-on clauses having to be paid given how he's done next to nothing up there.

I was gobsmacked at this, I heard him say no more than 1.25M and then the figure of 3M was mentioned and i thought that must have been his wages over a 4 year contract or something but it was the price they paid to Wigan, absolutely crazy money for a good league one/average championship striker. Wigan will have been laughing all the way to the Bank
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 111
Sigone
April 4, 2020, 12:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDarrenFarleyShow

Some funny clips on here..gtfc should try to get him here to do a stand up evening. (when this all calms down)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Passing time at home in lockdown?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.