4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Tommy
February 12, 2020, 10:30am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Don't think it's been picked up on yet on here anywhere (apologies if it has), but it looks like the club are ready to try and capitalise on the feel-good factor at the moment by getting next season's season tickets on sale soon.

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1227351830323245058?s=19

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
February 12, 2020, 10:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
flipping Hell...I mean it took them weeks after the last time we had a feel good factor but finally they’ve realised it’s just easier to start selling them almost instantly...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
Rodley Mariner
February 12, 2020, 10:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
I really hope there is something innovative in the pricing. I have never had one and won't be able to make  at least 6 or 7 games as an exile and with work/family commitments. I am seriously tempted to get them for me and my lads anyway to guarantee away tickets, because I want to give that up front commitment and because I think it could be a really exciting season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
Heisenberg
February 12, 2020, 10:58am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,815
Gold Stars: 89
I heard we've got about 2,700 ST holders this season, is that about right?  A little down on previous if that's right, we usually seem to hover around 3,000 most seasons.  I honestly believe 4,000 is an achievable number for next season.

Lincoln, with their supposed 8,000, is an unachievable number for us as there's no promotion this season for people to jump on, but still, increasing by 33% would be a real achievement and should help Ollie with a Top 7 budget for next season, I'm guessing.

A good move by the club.  I really hope the prices are on a sliding scale, to entice fans in to sign up early at decent reductions.  That's a risk, of course, but worthwhile, I reckon.

I also hope there are real incentives to get youngsters and OAPs on board with attractive discounts to make it affordable for them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
diehardmariner
February 12, 2020, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
I know there's a train of thought that financially there's no benefit to offering season tickets early, but purely from a perspective of capturing the current feel-good mood this has to be a must-do for the club in the next few weeks.

Not sure if the club should (or can) offer any financial incentive for capturing a ticket now but dangling something/anything won't hurt.  
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
GollyGTFC
February 12, 2020, 11:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from Heisenberg
I heard we've got about 2,700 ST holders this season, is that about right?  A little down on previous if that's right, we usually seem to hover around 3,000 most seasons.  I honestly believe 4,000 is an achievable number for next season.

Lincoln, with their supposed 8,000, is an unachievable number for us as there's no promotion this season for people to jump on, but still, increasing by 33% would be a real achievement and should help Ollie with a Top 7 budget for next season, I'm guessing.

A good move by the club.  I really hope the prices are on a sliding scale, to entice fans in to sign up early at decent reductions.  That's a risk, of course, but worthwhile, I reckon.

I also hope there are real incentives to get youngsters and OAPs on board with attractive discounts to make it affordable for them.

I think Lincoln restrict ST sales to around 6,200 to allow a supply for individual match tickets sales.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 36
GollyGTFC
February 12, 2020, 11:48am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I think Lincoln restrict ST sales to around 6,200 to allow a supply for individual match tickets sales.

[url]https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lincoln-city-set-smash-season-3012410[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 36
rancido
February 12, 2020, 12:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
One incentive could be ST's bought before the end up of this season at this seasons prices. The club could then judge at the end of the season what the take up has been and price next seasons accordingly. If we get close to the play offs then we could see a surge in uptake which would benefit the club and those who took advantage.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
ska face
February 12, 2020, 1:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,341
Gold Stars: 824
They should make it as simple as possible, we must have nearly 20 different kinds & combinations of ticket at the moment. Adult, OAP, student, young adult, child, unemployed, super OAP, exile, self-select, adult & child, family pack, all available in different stands at different prices. Just simplify it.

Adult
Concession (OAP, under 16, student/forces/NHS)
Self Select (12 games, you choose)

Obviously there’ll be someone in the office slaving over a spreadsheet working out the implications of that, but a big early push could easily make up for all the 50ps and £1s lost here & there.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
headingly_mariner
February 12, 2020, 3:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Get a discount on it as a treat to the long suffering fans. Our season tickets are too expensive.

Target at least 4 thousand, break records.

Great that they’re selling them early, make it easy and attractive for people to buy them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.