aldi_01
February 12, 2020, 3:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from diehardmariner
I know there's a train of thought that financially there's no benefit to offering season tickets early, but purely from a perspective of capturing the current feel-good mood this has to be a must-do for the club in the next few weeks.

Not sure if the club should (or can) offer any financial incentive for capturing a ticket now but dangling something/anything won't hurt.  

Those trains of thought need to change, whilst I understand the business fundamentals, in football you have to strike while the irons hot. It also provides people a much longer period of time to get the money together etc.

Within three hours of getting promoted we should’ve slung STs on sale, we’d have shifted at least 5000 but instead we faff arsed about and then blamed the printers.

They could’ve literally sold us a ST and given us a raffle ticket or receipt and said come and collect once printed.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
pen penfras
February 12, 2020, 4:10pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01

we’d have shifted at least 5000

Absolutely no evidence behind that, just a number plucked out of the air. Don't give me Lincoln, they romped the league and had a huge wave of positivity and media exposure, we limped over the line. Not that I'm disputing we should have done that.

Anyway, lessons are being learnt and improved on. How about we just focus on the positives for once
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
dapperz fun pub
February 12, 2020, 4:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
it seems like our marketing strategy is now in line with more pro active clubs , a few weeks back my club seemed in a spiral of decline now it seems like anything is possible. We’re scoring goals coming back from being behind and a new feel good factor as swarmed all over the club. I’m normally pretty negative about fenty but fuk me getting olly here appears to be a master stroke, I can see already by how olly sets up we will challenge heavily for top 3 next season. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
ska face
February 12, 2020, 4:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from pen penfras

Absolutely no evidence behind that, just a number plucked out of the air. Don't give me Lincoln, they romped the league and had a huge wave of positivity and media exposure, we limped over the line. Not that I'm disputing we should have done that.

Anyway, lessons are being learnt and improved on. How about we just focus on the positives for once

Afternoon Mr Wraith.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
February 12, 2020, 5:14pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +836
Gold Stars: 117
Having never had the need for a season ticket, due to work commitments meaning I miss upto 15 home games a season, can I ask do they allow people to pay for them in installments or is it a one off payment? I seem to recall they do, but Im just asking.

With there being 6 months to the start of the 20/21 season (GTFC League 2 champions!!!!), GTFC ought to make a push on helping those who maybe cant afford the full whack in one go, those on low income, even those who dont have direct debits be able to pay for the ST with monthly cash payments over the next 6 months. They could even offer monthly tickets for the remainder of this season, with prices covering the number of home matches that month. Can you imagine the uptake in April and May if we are heading in the right direction in the League, and with the weather getting better. All money in the coffers for Ollie next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
Grantham_Mariner
February 12, 2020, 9:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
They should do it like you pay for your TV licence.....

Cost of ticket for 21/22 season say £300

Start paying £25 per month by Direct Debit in January 2021 until December 2021

Your season ticket is loaded on a plastic chip card (So it can be stopped if you do not continue to pay) at the start of the season.

So by start of season you have already paid £175, and you will have paid in full by December 2021.

Then January you start paying for the 22/23 season, and so on.....

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
pizzzza
February 12, 2020, 9:35pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Your season ticket is loaded on a plastic chip card (So it can be stopped if you do not continue to pay) at the start of the season.

So by start of season you have already paid £175, and you will have paid in full by December 2021.

Sounds very much like what Allam introduced at Hull and it is veeeeery unpopular. Its a no from me.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
Poojah
February 12, 2020, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

I think the club do offer a credit-based option, but certainly something more modern and digital with an auto-renew function (that you could opt out on if you wish) would be welcome. I appreciate the club won't want to invest unnecessarily in the facilities at BP, but realistically how many turnstyles do we have throughout the ground - it couldn't be that expensive, could it? Especially if such technology could be reinstalled at any new stadium.

In terms of pushing sales, I'd like to see the club openly target £1m+ in season ticket sales, roughly 4,000 tickets if we work on an average of £250 once concessions are factored in. I assume we've never done over a million before? Season tickets would have been considerably cheaper when we were last selling that kind of number. I think if there were more transparency as to how such 'money in the bank' affects the playing budget, people would be more inclined to put their hands in their pockets (as they were five years ago with OP).

I also wonder if something along the lines of an affiliate marketing system might benefit the club. For anyone unfamiliar with the concept, it essentially amounts to receiving a commission for generating sales for a third-party business. In its enterprise-level forms, it's essentially the same model that the likes of Money Supermarket and the meerkat work on, but it also works on a much lower-level scale.

For instance, I could apply for a code unique to me. For every 'new' season ticket holder I introduced, I would receive say £10 credit to spend in the club shop or a discount I could set against my own season ticket, and the new season ticket holder would receive a small discount of their own. A couple of thousand town fans sharing offers like that to friends and family on social media or down the pub is bound to drive an uplift in sales.

Given we're now in 2020, I'd really urge the club to consider a more digital approach. For instance, it's amazing (and slightly frightening) how you can target specific groups of people on the likes of Facebook. You can do a lot more for instance than advertise to people in the North East Lincs region; options include:
  • Lapsed season ticket holders
  • Friends of people who are existing season ticket holders
  • Anyone who has ever purchased anything online from the club shop
  • Anyone who has recently visited the official club web site
  • Anyone openly claiming to be a GTFC fan, but excluding anyone who lives outside of the realistic season ticket catchment area
  • Specifically exclude anyone who is an existing season ticket holder
There's absolutey loads that could be done, and it would cost very, very little to achieve on such a targeted level. There's a wave to ride right now; we need to get our surfboard out.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
Poojah
February 12, 2020, 10:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Had a quick Google and found this:

https://flowtesport.com/#season-tickets-membership

Currently in use at clubs as illistrious as Wrexham and Newport, so I'm assuming it's not obscenely expensive to implement. The club should be looking into this, if they're not already.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
KingstonMariner
February 13, 2020, 12:19am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Digital. Surely. Got to be.

Probably save a small fortune in time faffing about with bits of paper. And as others have said, you can then tie in with other commercial offers.

Early sale of STs might not necessarily bring in much more money of itself (apart from building on the feel good factor) but it’ll help Ollie to know what his budget is for next season much earlier.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.