4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
February 13, 2020, 9:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Having a digital approach has to be the way forward and whilst it may require a little adjustment for new technology, it’s cost effective in the end.

We must be the only place left with a dot matrix printer.

I ordered tickets for Bradford at two separate intervals...two envelopes, two receipts, so on and so on. Whilst I appreciate its pennies and short time but still, wasted.

The system introduced at Hull was poorly received because of prices increases and the fact the Allams arent arsed anymore...or so I’m led to believe by the mudrat in the office.

We have what appears to be a convoluted array of ticket options and an equally convoluted approach to printing etc.

I know people cried themselves to sleep about Wembley tickets only being sold on see tickets but in reality it was much much simpler. The fact GTFC don’t offer a print at home facility is bonkers, especially given the number of exiled fans that travel to home games.

We all understand that the club doesn’t want to invest in BP but an electric card type system is small fry and let’s face it, we’re gonna be there for at least another 5 years...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
Heisenberg
February 13, 2020, 10:18am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,815
Gold Stars: 89
I have no idea how to attach photos on this board, but my work colleague has an Oldham Athletic season ticket (the poor sap!) and it's just a credit card with a bar code on it.  How we have still got the paper booklets in this day and age is beyond me.  We need to get with the times.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
jimgtfc
February 13, 2020, 10:30am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Whilst I agree with most of the posts regarding technology, I’ll give a little devil’s advocate. I recently had to endure going to the KC to watch them due to work. They have the barcode scanning ticketing system in place and the queue for each turnstile was horrendous as you wait for every ticket to be scanned. I’ve no idea the cost of employing someone to take tickets at the turnstiles, maybe a free ticket, but it can’t be as bad as all the security staff over the river who actually ended up helping people to scan their tickets, as some are cards and others printed and it was taking so long!

Also regarding simplifying the season tickets into basically adults and concessions, was it not us fans who wanted special prices for young adults, students, exiles etc?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
marinerdazza
February 13, 2020, 10:33am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
There was a post on twitter last week along the lines of "describe something about football that the younger generation wouldn't understand"

Many posts laughed at the idea they used to have little books for season tickets, from which you tore out a token for every game...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
nealeardleyscrossing
February 13, 2020, 2:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -347
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Heisenberg
I have no idea how to attach photos on this board, but my work colleague has an Oldham Athletic season ticket (the poor sap!) and it's just a credit card with a bar code on it.  How we have still got the paper booklets in this day and age is beyond me.  We need to get with the times.

That's what we have had at Lincoln for 2 years - Scanned when you go in the ground. Also on your phone if you foget the card.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
TownSNAFU5
February 13, 2020, 7:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
What young people do not understand about football.  How about finding out HT scores during a game by matching letters and scores (from wooden slates) against match codes shown in the match programme?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 13, 2020, 7:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
What young people do not understand about football.  How about finding out HT scores during a game by matching letters and scores (from wooden slates) against match codes shown in the match programme?

***scoreflash***

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
moosey_club
February 13, 2020, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

***scoreflash***

awwww i had genuinely forgotten about them....the general air of anticipation/buzz that went round the crowd....followed by a cheer when it was a rival going a goal down.
If i remember correctly it was Buckley who put a stop to them as he claimed the random cheering distracted the team.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
toontown
February 13, 2020, 8:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from moosey_club

awwww i had genuinely forgotten about them....the general air of anticipation/buzz that went round the crowd....followed by a cheer when it was a rival going a goal down.
If i remember correctly it was Buckley who put a stop to them as he claimed the random cheering distracted the team.

Thought it was just stopped for one promotion decider game as he felt it would pressure the team if rivals were winning
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
moosey_club
February 13, 2020, 8:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
i can remember his complaint, you could be right, long time ago now...on the old Rangers (?) scoreboard was it .

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.