Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He just gets it doesn't he...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 178 Guests

He just gets it doesn't he...

This thread currently has 8,600 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
chipsandgravy
January 17, 2020, 9:01am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from aldi_01
Why would people stop slating players? Whilst we’re all aware some get a little bit carried away, just because Holloway is in charge doesn’t mean it stops.

We all remember the time when our last successful manager was guiding us to the football league and people still weren’t happy with a win. It won’t stop. No point thinking it will or hoping it will.

I guess you sit in the Main Stand then!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
January 17, 2020, 9:08am
Guest User
Quoted from aldi_01
Why would people stop slating players? Whilst we’re all aware some get a little bit carried away, just because Holloway is in charge doesn’t mean it stops.

We all remember the time when our last successful manager was guiding us to the football league and people still weren’t happy with a win. It won’t stop. No point thinking it will or hoping it will.

Quite simply because Holloway wants to develop a team that is brave on the ball. To try and be creative and entertain. If the crowd then get on the players back for trying things- cos it won't always come off- then the players will go into their shells and play safe rather than expansive football.

He reiterated this point time and time again when he was at Blackpool and the fans eventually brought into it and the football he got them playing was awesome to watch. I expect him to keep hammering home the same message throughout his time here.

Reply: 11 - 46
Rik e B
January 17, 2020, 9:12am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
There will still be those one or two foghorn bellends in the Main Stand who think their sole purpose in life is to berate our own bench and player's making us all look like a bunch of miserable negative halfwits.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
chipsandgravy
January 17, 2020, 9:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Rik e B
There will still be those one or two foghorn bellends in the Main Stand who think their sole purpose in life is to berate our own bench and player's making us all look like a bunch of miserable negative halfwits.

Amen to that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
Rik e B
January 17, 2020, 9:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 3610

Quite simply because Holloway wants to develop a team that is brave on the ball. To try and be creative and entertain. If the crowd then get on the players back for trying things- cos it won't always come off- then the players will go into their shells and play safe rather than expansive football.

He reiterated this point time and time again when he was at Blackpool and the fans eventually brought into it and the football he got them playing was awesome to watch. I expect him to keep hammering home the same message throughout his time here.

He's already been on the offensive on that in his latest interview saying about telling Tilley to have a go and take people on, but he's young and it won't always come off but the crowd should encourage him not bemoan when it fails.

But we all know theres certain idiots who constantly chomping at the bit for the first chance to knock our player's down a peg or two.

People moan about glory fan's.... I'd take them and their positivity over those one or two perenial negative gobshites any day of the week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
Grantham_Mariner
January 17, 2020, 9:45am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
I would rather see  4-3, 3-3 or 3-4

Than  1-0 0-0 or 0-1

And it looks like thats how IH likes to see it.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
acko338
January 17, 2020, 11:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
Those moaning in the Main Stand may just get a surprise visit !
I can see him challenging and publicly humiliating such "supporters".... and fair play if he does !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
Ipswin
January 17, 2020, 11:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Rik e B

The one guaranteed way to shut them up is to start consistently winning matches

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
marinerdazza
January 17, 2020, 11:43am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
I'm as impressed as anyone so far and providing no one gets carried away I can see this potentially being a Great thing. But just remember that there was an identical thread title about our last manager...

(36 red Xs)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
Rik e B
January 17, 2020, 11:55am

Whiskey Drinker
True, true, what sways it for me to jump in with both feet thought is his proven pedigree, 950 games and two promotions to the Prem. Just listening to him you can tell he a cut above what we used to. I was unsure on Jolley just kept my gob shut.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He just gets it doesn't he...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.