Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He just gets it doesn't he...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 275 Guests

He just gets it doesn't he...

This thread currently has 8,594 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
drbell
January 17, 2020, 3:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from aldi_01
Why would people stop slating players? Whilst we’re all aware some get a little bit carried away, just because Holloway is in charge doesn’t mean it stops.

We all remember the time when our last successful manager was guiding us to the football league and people still weren’t happy with a win. It won’t stop. No point thinking it will or hoping it will.

I guess its a question for each fan of what they want.

Have they paid their money in order to have the right to shout and berate players, in order to be able to enjoy themselves, and get their moneys worth?

Or do they want to be part of something bigger, and ask themselves what can I do to help? We can all make a small but real contribution, especially fans in the stands on matchday. Can you imagine what impact the fans would have if the only time the fans were negative and onto someone was when they didn't give 100%. If everything else was support, loud and proud. Encouragement and motivation when its going well, and especially when its not and the players really need a boost. What could we achieve then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
Rik e B
January 17, 2020, 3:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
"We are starting a journey. Buy a ticket. Come and help me. Come and encourage. If you are going to moan, don’t come.

"But if you are going to encourage, I'll have you all day long."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
oochiad
January 17, 2020, 3:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,686
Gold Stars: 27
People have also paid their money to enjoy the afternoon and there’s nothing worse than some dipstick shouting obscenities at our players who are obviously trying there hardest. These people are selfish and clearly like the sound of their own voice. I’m a great believer in positivity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
forza ivano
January 17, 2020, 3:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
the fact that Holloway has been impressed by the standard, and the attitude of the squad he's inherited shows that Jolley was doing something right. And it is impossible to ignore the fact that he left us in a better place than when he took over
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 17, 2020, 4:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from forza ivano
the fact that Holloway has been impressed by the standard, and the attitude of the squad he's inherited shows that Jolley was doing something right. And it is impossible to ignore the fact that he left us in a better place than when he took over

Interesting to me that the consistent comment IH makes is about the quality of the players attitude and the strength of the defence. Not sure I have heard many positive comments on the relative technical and playing quality of our midfield and forwards.

Think this is the reason that 3 new forwards have been brought in and I would expect at least one more to join them in January. He clearly is a great motivator and will be telling all the players of the heights they can achieve but at the same time he is also looking for better quality replacements which is ideal as players will understand perform, improve and deliver or else!!

As for MJ yes he got 100% out of players but I haven’t doubted the commitment of most of our players under any of our Managers for quite some time. What has been lacking is a total lack of ability as an attacking force, with the odd exception, and a total inability to win and control the midfield area of the pitch. In reality how many enjoyable performances did we have during MJ’s tenure? Very few but I will always remember the Notts County game and Matt’s injury time winner so for that MJ can be proud of his achievement but unfortunately he has been unable to take us forward and like Hurst spent too much time worrying about the opposition rather than getting a team together that other sides needed to dread playing.

Let’s hope tomorrow we can start to see the shoots of a new positive playing style which will over the next couple of seasons see us at the top end of the table.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
Kris2
January 17, 2020, 4:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from forza ivano

I don't think Jolley ever lacked the ability to motivate players and man-manage, maybe his lack of experience, the level he's at being tougher than he thought and his ego caught up with him. I don't ever recall the team lacking in effort under Jolley just more teams had our number than not.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
StaffsMariner
January 17, 2020, 5:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
" I paid my money so i have a right to abuse players" is just Bullsh1t. That is not supporting and maybe some of the gobshites should Google the word supporter and see if thats them.
Fan/Fanatic maybe but not supporter and should be removed by the stewards and stuck in the away end!
"I paid my money so have the right to smack him in the mouth" works just as well.

I remember the days that it was the opposition that got the abuse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
Cricklewoodmariner
January 17, 2020, 5:23pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +322
Gold Stars: 7
[img]https://i.imgur.com/wjb8QzT.png[/img]

he's even got Mighty Mariner wearing a flat cap  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
Rik e B
January 17, 2020, 7:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I'd love to ram one of Ollie's ices right down foghorn's oversized pie hole when he starts bleating 🙊

Pity I value my ability to attend matches too greatly though and don't wanna go on Nick's naughty list.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
headingly_mariner
January 17, 2020, 7:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
I’m never one to abuse players. I have always celebrated attempts to do the right thing. I prefer a “hard luck, keep going” when a player tries something that doesn’t come off.
I’d love to see Blundell Park be a ground where the home players can do no wrong and it is unbelievably hostile for the away team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He just gets it doesn't he...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.