Ipswin
January 10, 2020, 11:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Gaffer58
Swin , I like your cautious approach to the appointment of Holloway, we all remember the way most on here were writing “in Jolley we trust” and if certain X player was good enough for Jolley he was good enough for them. So maybe we could start a new group, something like, “ we approve of Holloway’s appointment but until he craps gold bars on the half way line we’ll hold judgment”. I know this could be deemed another negative post but I think I can live with a few red crosses.

Well if he did it would give his missus something to find with her metal detector

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 57
Ipswin
January 10, 2020, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

So you've had a good couple of weeks then  

And I hope for many more (another 20 this season would not go amiss) then I will join the 'Holloway is the messiah' club which at the moment members-wise appears to simply be a rebranding of the 'Jolley is the messiah' club

Private Message
Reply: 41 - 57
Rik e B
January 10, 2020, 12:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Listen I've jumped on the bandwagon simply because been so downtrodden and despairing with Town recently. I know it could set me up for a fall but take a look at his record - winner, and close to joining the 1000 club. Out of our league he should be too levels wise. It's just nice to get all jovial and excited, hope is the greatest thing, but I understand when alls said and done it's the results that count and are the be all and end all.

I fell for Newell, but for Jolley I was on a Fishy hiatus at the time as was in a period of intensive training preparation so I missed all the talk about him be an option. When he signed I was concerned and came on here and found myself agreeing with 'Swin' s concerns, however I kept my gob shut as always try to be positive. As soon as it went awry though I feared he wouldn't have it in him to get out his hole and with all the talk of bamboozling the squad with Barca team briefs I was kinda relieved when he shot himself. I don't try to claim any smartie-pants points for saying this now -I wished that the dream he portrayed could come true, I just couldn't see it happening in reality.

So back to Ollie, once again 950 games, promotions to prem etc... I'm happy to say 'In Ollie We Trust' and there can be no denying he galvanised the support at a critical breaking point when diehards were giving up after decades and toxic 'Fenty Out' chanting was just starting to rear its ugly head.

When things are positive at BP it makes a massive change to the community, everyone's talking about Town, away ends are selling out, the National media circle start taking notice and saying how amazing Grimsby are. Player's catch wind or see first hand against us and want to be part of it. It's a snowball effect, I just hope Fenty and the board don't inadvertently chuck a spanner in the works as egos don't like Ollie's straight talking in the boardroom or something.

IH has 2 wins from 2 since he came in the door after a long barren run so that gotta be a sign of his motivational midas touch. There going to be blips, we not gonna win 10 games in a row, let's look at the bigger picture and what we growing and evolving into and stay patient in these moments instead of instantly saying see see I knew he not all that. I'm sure over a longer term we'll be on a general upward trajectory. And he says he here to stay, we not just an immediate stepping stone. He's put faith in us, he's stuck 100k into the coffers for Christ's sake, let's put faith in him, through thick and thin.

Oh and Maringer, I wonder if he shits rainbows?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 57
marinerjase
January 10, 2020, 12:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
With all due respect there’s a world of difference between Jolley and Holloway. In fact I can’t see any comparison to make in any area at all.

Furthermore - not all jumped on the Jolley bandwagon - a lot did - but there were also a few who didn’t but remained silent and haven’t gone on the ‘I told you so’ route.

Whether Holloway appointment works or not - time will tell - like any other appointment there’s no guarantee. But for now - after years on years of PR gaffe’s , distain and contempt of fans by board - it’s refreshing to have someone come in who knows how to engage, both with fans and for national attention. He’s no fool - this isn’t a gimmick - he’s come here to prove a point, to himself and others. And whilst he is - rather than look for another opportunity to say it told you so’ - how about enjoying it instead? Regardless of results the man is a breath of fresh air.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 57
Rik e B
January 10, 2020, 12:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Here here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 57
Ipswin
January 10, 2020, 12:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from marinerjase
Regardless of results the man is a breath of fresh air.

Dunno about that, according to his latest celebrity interview, by his own admission, his farts stink

And as far as going on the 'I told you so route' I make no apologies as I got absolutely slaughtered at the time

Private Message
Reply: 45 - 57
Rik e B
January 10, 2020, 12:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
I thought he said they don't stink but vegan diet has made him very windy 🤔😅

Lol here we are chatting about GTFC managers flatulence, who'd have ever thought it?! 🤨🤣
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 57
Ipswin
January 10, 2020, 12:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rik e B

Lol here we are chatting about GTFC managers flatulence, who'd have ever thought it?! 🤨🤣

Well we've just got rid of one who talked out of his bottom.

Private Message
Reply: 47 - 57
Posh Harry
January 10, 2020, 12:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,359
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Ipswin

And I hope for many more (another 20 this season would not go amiss) then I will join the 'Holloway is the messiah' club which at the moment members-wise appears to simply be a rebranding of the 'Jolley is the messiah' club

So as long as he wins 20 out of the remaining 22 games then he is ok with you.

Seems your standards are slipping swin, I’m surprised you’ve let him off so lightly 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 57
Rik e B
January 10, 2020, 12:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Well we've just got rid of one who talked out of his bottom.

It's true.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unbelievable

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.