6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
January 9, 2020, 7:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Surely if players and club officials read message boards etc they have to expect that they may find stuff they don’t agree with or like?

Perhaps there are some that aren’t positive, perhaps there are some that are overly positive...then add in to that those that just quietly sit back, want the team to win but don’t want to get too enthusiastic after two weeks. Let’s face it, we’ve been here before...Christ, Jolley was the messiah and was seemingly Teflon to any criticism for a long time, even if it had been justified.

Surely the key home is to enjoy the up turn in fortune, not moan at people because they’re negative (irony surely in some of these people moaning) and equally, not force folk to be all giddy and tickled pink and just do what we do, which is to support GTFC.

We don’t know if this will be a disaster or a success, but what we do know is, supporting GTFC is what we do, it’s never really dull, often extremely frustrating but it’s inside of us.

Who gives a excrement either way...see you all at Orient

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 57
moosey_club
January 9, 2020, 7:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from dicko995
Im gobsmacked at some of us on here replying to other members topics. Weve just acquired a great manager, and I thank JF and crew for doing this, and yet there are several fishy members criticising other members topics about the acquisition of a great person, namely Ollie. Don't you morons understand that players etc look at this forum, and as we are now into a great future , it doesn't read well when some of you want to have your joke just for a green tick, and have yourself heard, it doesn't ring well, when its a new era, and we should all be aboard on this fantastic roller coaster ride. Who knows whats in store, but I can foresee a bloody good time ahead. The days of Laurie Mac comes to light, and this could very well be exceeded. This guy who has put his life on the line, wife and family included, deserves everyones respect. You don't get a guy just walking in, buying fans gifts out the shop, investing money etc. Ollie has had hard times in the past, ive read his autobiography, and he is a hell of a guy. So, all I am saying is, respect him, believe in him, back the players, theres no need for any belittling remarks, we have a team who are rejuvenated and want to play for the shirt. Good times are here, embrace it, and lets get them stands rock and rolling. UTM

But some people may not agree....doesnt make them moron's....free thinkers....not everybody likes roller coasters and occasionally they do crash and cause horrific wounds.

People may simply have trouble adjusting to the full on PR exercise currently in swing given the PR vacuum we have been living in for many a moon now, all seems a little weird doesnt it ? Definately does to me...feels like somebody wants my pants down.....once bitten twice shy, it will take Ollie more than a couple of weeks of smooth talk for me to drop my pants and leave myself exposed so the club can fck me over again.

I was uncertain of him before he was announced, i am wary of the PR exercise now in swing... ...
but i am glad he has taken the focus away from JF and has certainly lifted the general mood which is a huge positive.

Am i ready to treat him like a messiah and hang off his every word ?   No.............not yet.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 57
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2020, 7:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Dicko, what posts are you talking about that belittle Ollie? I’ve not seen anything of that nature.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 57
dicko995
January 9, 2020, 7:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Kingston, you look at topics that IH is about to sign, and others on here slag him off. Theres others where hes been made manager, and they compare him to newell etc, ffs he has a great CV and not someone who we dreamed of, and hes invested into the club, he means to stay and wouldn't invest unless he has an intention to do well, end of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 57
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 9, 2020, 7:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Dicko, what posts are you talking about that belittle Ollie? I’ve not seen anything of that nature.

Neither have I.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 57
grimsby pete
January 9, 2020, 7:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Most of us just want a bit of success I do not count the non league days because we should never have been in that position in the first place.

When a new manager comes in we all want him to be a success.

This time I believe we will have some under Ollie if we don't I give up and will take up knitting.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 57
TheRealJohnLewis
January 9, 2020, 7:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from dicko995
he means to stay and wouldn't invest unless he has an intention to do well, end of.

Compared to those who came and intended to do rubbish!

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 57
Ipswin
January 9, 2020, 7:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from dicko995
Theres others where hes been made manager, and they compare him to newell etc,.

No one has compared him to Newell at all, I suggest you read those posts again (or get someone to read them for you)

My comment was that I got all excited when Newell (the last high profile appointment) got the job meaning that, in light of how his tenure went, my judgement of managers is obviously crap (apart from Jolley of course - I was right there) so any doubt I might have about Holloway is likely to be wide of the mark. Mind you I still think he's as mad as a bucket of frogs!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 57
dicko995
January 9, 2020, 7:47pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
exactly why I titled this "Unbelievable". My case is answered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 57
Ipswin
January 9, 2020, 7:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete
Most of us just want a bit of success I do not count the non league days because we should never have been in that position in the first place.

When a new manager comes in we all want him to be a success.

This time I believe we will have some under Ollie if we don't I give up and will take up knitting.

I thought you might have already started on the knitting Pete after all weren't you one of the 'in Jolley we trust' merchants?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unbelievable

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.