KingstonMariner
January 9, 2020, 7:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from dicko995
Kingston, you look at topics that IH is about to sign, and others on here slag him off. Theres others where hes been made manager, and they compare him to newell etc, ffs he has a great CV and not someone who we dreamed of, and hes invested into the club, he means to stay and wouldn't invest unless he has an intention to do well, end of.

So people expressing an opinion are now classed as being ‘belittling’?!

I’ve seen a couple of people say they were not impressed by Clarke’s goal scoring record. Only reference to Newell anyone made was to the euphoria when he was appointed.

Oh and one post by a Newbie criticising the signing of Clarke.

I’m expecting a knock on the door by the Thought Police now.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2020, 8:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from dicko995
exactly why I titled this "Unbelievable". My case is answered.

Well titled thread. Your assessment of the comments on the board is ‘unbelievable’.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
Kris2
January 9, 2020, 8:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from jimgtfc
Good points, sure I’ve heard Ollie say that he doesn’t read social media or message boards like this though

Hope not, We get enough of the board and the team spending time reading the shite on here  .

Some people don't seem to like discussions and opinions though, you say something that isn't in the collective and it's "NOOOO! THIS IS WRONG THINK!"
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 57
Stadium
January 9, 2020, 8:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from moosey_club

But some people may not agree....doesnt make them moron's....free thinkers....not everybody likes roller coasters and occasionally they do crash and cause horrific wounds.

People may simply have trouble adjusting to the full on PR exercise currently in swing given the PR vacuum we have been living in for many a moon now, all seems a little weird doesnt it ? Definately does to me...feels like somebody wants my pants down.....once bitten twice shy, it will take Ollie more than a couple of weeks of smooth talk for me to drop my pants and leave myself exposed so the club can fck me over again.

I was uncertain of him before he was announced, i am wary of the PR exercise now in swing... ...
but i am glad he has taken the focus away from JF and has certainly lifted the general mood which is a huge positive.

Am i ready to treat him like a messiah and hang off his every word ?   No.............not yet.

This is by far a better candidate for post of the week.
It's a forum were people express their views-good & bad.
Ridiculous using "players might read something nasty" line.
Encourage everybody to post their opinions & that's how forums flourish.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 57
Stadium
January 9, 2020, 8:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from dicko995
Kingston, you look at topics that IH is about to sign, and others on here slag him off. Theres others where hes been made manager, and they compare him to newell etc, ffs he has a great CV and not someone who we dreamed of, and hes invested into the club, he means to stay and wouldn't invest unless he has an intention to do well, end of.

???
They can post their opinion so long as it's within the rules.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
aldi_01
January 9, 2020, 9:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Anyone else think the OP was written drenched in irony?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
Rik e B
January 9, 2020, 9:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I quite like the abrasive approach of Ipswin and the like going against the grain as it points out checks and balances, sometimes a dose of hard reality and brings forth passionate debate. Even if I largely disagree.

If we were all like sheep skipping along together where the decent conversation and dissection of all matters be? We'd all just be brainwashed cashpiggy  minions of the great overlord non-chairman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 57
SheepGTFC
January 10, 2020, 1:28am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 6
would be just nice for the miserymongers to enjoy things for at least a week or something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
aldi_01
January 10, 2020, 7:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Perhaps some people are ‘miserymongers’ but that’s their choice...it’s be extremely boring if everyone thought the same.

Let’s face it, just because Holloway has come in and the club(holloway) has come out of the media vacuum it is normally in is a breath of fresh air but it doesn’t take away from the twenty years of balderdash since Fenty has been Chairman/non-chairman and that cant be forgotten...he hopes it will do and may be for a short time people will.

We’ve had some excrement times and some extremely poor decisions have been made in the past. It’s nice to have some positivity and people reinvigorated when it comes to supporting a club on life support. However, may be the doom mongers are just wary...Bignot came in, absolute charlatan and disaster, Slade came in, the less said about that the better...and then Jolley, who essentially turned out to be Bignot in a better suit. So it’s understandable that some are proceeding with caution.

We support the club though, and however folk do that is up to them, fact is, we all love the club in our own unique way and always will. As I’ve already said, I first read the OP and thought it was an ironic rant but apparently not...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 57
MuddyWaters
January 10, 2020, 8:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from dicko995
Im gobsmacked at some of us on here replying to other members topics. Weve just acquired a great manager, and I thank JF and crew for doing this, and yet there are several fishy members criticising other members topics about the acquisition of a great person, namely Ollie. Don't you morons understand that players etc look at this forum, and as we are now into a great future , it doesn't read well when some of you want to have your joke just for a green tick, and have yourself heard, it doesn't ring well, when its a new era, and we should all be aboard on this fantastic roller coaster ride. Who knows whats in store, but I can foresee a bloody good time ahead. The days of Laurie Mac comes to light, and this could very well be exceeded. This guy who has put his life on the line, wife and family included, deserves everyones respect. You don't get a guy just walking in, buying fans gifts out the shop, investing money etc. Ollie has had hard times in the past, ive read his autobiography, and he is a hell of a guy. So, all I am saying is, respect him, believe in him, back the players, theres no need for any belittling remarks, we have a team who are rejuvenated and want to play for the shirt. Good times are here, embrace it, and lets get them stands rock and rolling. UTM

I'm all for positivity but a football forum is normally a place for people with differing opinions to air their views. I've just listened to Ollie's 20 minute interview with Matt Dean and it's great - he's earned a lot of respect in a very short space of time - but I'm sure he'll be the first to say that no-one, even him, is beyond critique.

Let's remember that we're one game in, two signings in, and whilst we can get slightly giddy about changes that appear to be happening, we should keep our feet on the ground and remember that games of football can be lost as well as won.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unbelievable

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.