6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
toontown
December 8, 2019, 1:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,276
Gold Stars: 70
Plus, let's be honest, it's his level. He'll be playing 5th tier next season. So might town be if they don't sort themselves out.

If there's one thing we learned from his spell at Chorley it's that national league is his level, exactly like hopper.

As soon as he attempted to play league 2 level it was exactly as it always has been, a few nice touches, no real impact on the games, fade to utter anonymity where you'd forget he was on the pitch, doesn't last 90 mins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
arryarryarry
December 8, 2019, 3:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from toontown
Plus, let's be honest, it's his level. He'll be playing 5th tier next season. So might town be if they don't sort themselves out.

If there's one thing we learned from his spell at Chorley it's that national league is his level, exactly like hopper.

As soon as he attempted to play league 2 level it was exactly as it always has been, a few nice touches, no real impact on the games, fade to utter anonymity where you'd forget he was on the pitch, doesn't last 90 mins.

On recent performances I think most of our squad are only National League level.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 56
Northbank Mariner
December 8, 2019, 6:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
I'm not having a go at Vernham but, at Chorley he was played through the middle, as per usual we put him out on the right where he's completely ineffectual.
I'm sure if he was played in a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 where he's alongside the front man you'd see what he's capable of..
And not to mention that if Messi it came to play for town he'd be like Bambi on ice within 3 games.
Playing for this club ruins players, we need a complete reboot from top to bottom but I cannot see that happening any time soon when our purse strings are held tighter than Cher's face!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 56
Ashby mariner
December 8, 2019, 7:17am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8

On recent performances I think most of our squad are only National League level.

I think our conforence teams would beat this bunch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 56
louth_in_the_south
December 8, 2019, 8:03am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,674
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Ashby mariner

I have no doubt about that . I don’t think there’s a single player who would get into the NL play off team . ( except Macca and that’s only because he’s the only one left ! )

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 56
Northbank Mariner
December 8, 2019, 8:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

I have no doubt about that . I don’t think there’s a single player who would get into the NL play off team . ( except Macca and that’s only because he’s the only one left ! )

Slightly disagree there, Hessenthailer and Wright would have added something to our non league squads...but they are the only ones IMHO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
HertsGTFC
December 8, 2019, 8:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Ashby mariner

Well every time Amond plays against us he seems to score so that’s a proven fact IMHO

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vernam recall from loan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.