arryarryarry
December 6, 2019, 3:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Comment from AL this week :-

“I’m a big Charles Vernam fan. He’s come back into training when he’s been at Chorley, and looked really sharp and very good"

“We’re looking to bring him back as soon as we can, but we’re not 100 per cent sure on what the date is on that yet"

Surely someone within the club must know the date he is due back FFS.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 56
Malta_Mariner_90
December 6, 2019, 3:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Accordingly to Chorely website he signed for a "month" on the 8th of November. So if that means 30 days then I guess he should be back on Monday?

In the Chorely guardian its says the following: "Vermiglio revealed loan striker Charles Vernam has been recalled by parent club Grimsby Town."

Link: [url]https://www.chorley-guardian.co.uk/sport/football/keeping-faith-has-paid-off-says-chorley-boss-jamie-vermiglio-1-10139205[/url]

So we may not know exactly when he is coming back...but we can be certain he is coming back. I think Limbrick just had a brain fart and just forgot the exact date. As opposed to nobody knowing when he is due back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
arryarryarry
December 6, 2019, 3:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90
Accordingly to Chorely website he signed for a "month" on the 8th of November. So if that means 30 days then I guess he should be back on Monday?

In the Chorely guardian its says the following: "Vermiglio revealed loan striker Charles Vernam has been recalled by parent club Grimsby Town."

Link: [url]https://www.chorley-guardian.co.uk/sport/football/keeping-faith-has-paid-off-says-chorley-boss-jamie-vermiglio-1-10139205[/url]

So we may not know exactly when he is coming back...but we can be certain he is coming back. I think Limbrick just had a brain fart and just forgot the exact date. As opposed to nobody knowing when he is due back.

It's not difficult, either he comes back early on a date specified by us or at the end of the loan. I would think this is the responsibility of someone on the admin side possibly the chief executive but someone should know the exact date.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
Malta_Mariner_90
December 6, 2019, 4:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from arryarryarry

It's not difficult, either he comes back early on a date specified by us or at the end of the loan. I would think this is the responsibility of someone on the admin side possibly the chief executive but someone should know the exact date.

I agree it should not be difficult. I think context needs to be applied here though. Limbrick was asked the question and he did not know the answer.

Don't think you can criticize the club if Limbrick simply forgot the date and did not want to look a mammary by saying the wrong date.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
MuddyWaters
December 6, 2019, 4:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from arryarryarry
Comment from AL this week :-

“I’m a big Charles Vernam fan. He’s come back into training when he’s been at Chorley, and looked really sharp and very good"

“We’re looking to bring him back as soon as we can, but we’re not 100 per cent sure on what the date is on that yet"

Surely someone within the club must know the date he is due back FFS.

Surely it's possible that, as Jolley loaned him out, AL didn't know the exact recall date? If it was a 28 day loan then he might be back today?

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 56
denni266
December 6, 2019, 5:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
We must be thinking about playing him , or there is no point in bringing him back just for the sake of it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
Posh Harry
December 6, 2019, 7:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from arryarryarry

Jesus. Take a day off. AL is being really positive saying he likes him, looks sharp and wants to get him back, and you moan about a date.

Have a beer and chill a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 56
Sigone
December 6, 2019, 8:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,608
Gold Stars: 5
club confirmed he's been recalled and is in the squad for tomorrow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 56
golfer
December 6, 2019, 8:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,372
Gold Stars: 111
How can 4weeks at a non league team turn him into a good player when I haven't seen him play a good game all the time he has been here. I think it's all wishful thinking taking over from reality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
Northbank Mariner
December 6, 2019, 8:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
[quote=850]club confirmed he's been recalled and is in the squad for tomorrow [/quota
At least he'll be on the bench, offers something different, maybe he'll score a goal....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vernam recall from loan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.