Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Royal Family

This thread currently has 5,617 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
November 21, 2019, 6:09am
Guest User
Is it time to get rid of them? Andrew is a disgrace, given the queen his P45 but he should hand back the millions he’s received from the civil purse while at coke parties with his pedo mates.
Manchester Mariner
November 21, 2019, 9:10am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
Been saying this for a while, it's time to end them being tax payer funded and privatise them. Big corporations will jump at the chance to sponsor them, The Visit Dubai Buckingham Palace, Prince Philip sponsored by Castrol GTX, The Cadburys Queen etc.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 66
GYinScuntland
November 21, 2019, 11:30am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from 28195
Is it time to get rid of them? Andrew is a disgrace, given the queen his P45 but he should hand back the millions he’s received from the civil purse while at coke parties with his pedo mates.

Treason.
God bless her Majesty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 66
Maringer
November 21, 2019, 12:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
You're being ironic, right?

Not quite sure why Liz should be head of state just because her ancestors were good at killing people. Doesn't seem right in the 21st Century. Not that I've got anything against her personally as she's done a decent job, albeit while well-funded by the public purse. Not to mention the other lackeys and hangers-on milking the state for all they are worth.

The offspring are generally pretty useless, however, with Andrew the thickest and most corrupt of them all. At least Charlie boy has principles in some regards, despite his money-grabbing antics with the Duchy of Cornwall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 66
FishOutOfWater
November 21, 2019, 1:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Treason.

Or truth?

Guess it depends on whether or not you get sucked in to the monarchy malarkey
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 66
FishOutOfWater
November 21, 2019, 1:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Maringer
You're being ironic, right?

Not quite sure why Liz should be head of state just because her ancestors were good at killing people. Doesn't seem right in the 21st Century. Not that I've got anything against her personally as she's done a decent job, albeit while well-funded by the public purse. Not to mention the other lackeys and hangers-on milking the state for all they are worth.

The offspring are generally pretty useless, however, with Andrew the thickest and most corrupt of them all. At least Charlie boy has principles in some regards, despite his money-grabbing antics with the Duchy of Cornwall.

Sir James Wilson Vincent Savile OBE KCSG always spoke highly of him  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 66
Marinerz93
November 23, 2019, 3:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Who do we have head of state instead of the queen, who can represent this country with the etiquette, grace and influence that the Queen holds and commands.

Blair, Corbyn, Johnson, no one comes even close, I agree the hangers on need cutting from the public purse but the Queen has done a fantastic job representing our country all over the world. She is highly respected and is admired in almost every country she has been to.

She is the head of state of 15 of the 16* Commonwealth countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, the Solomon Islands, and Tuvalu.

Some people are just jealous of people who live in big houses and drive expensive cars.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 66
KingstonMariner
November 23, 2019, 6:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
How do you think countries like Germany manage? Even France.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 66
Maringer
November 23, 2019, 10:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from Marinerz93
Some people are just jealous of people who live in big houses and drive expensive cars.

I very much doubt that Liz drives too many cars herself. She's always had flunkies to do it for her and nice big houses to go to, with people to look after her children, cook for her, clean for her, shop for her etc etc. Just because of the girl private which she happened to drop out of. No other reason. Nothing to do with any other intrinsic worth.

Edit: just to note, when the swear filter kicks in, I'm using a descriptive word beginning with 'V' which sounds a bit like Angina. Nothing crude.
That's by the by, however. As I've said before, I've got nothing against her personally as she's certainly put in the legwork that many of her feckless offspring living off the civil list haven't. She has certainly been a good representative of the country and has been more dedicated than she needed to be. For all the 'Queen of hearts' nonsense about Diana, she spent around 50 percent of her time holidaying. I don't think Liz has been nearly such a slacker.

The point is that she's just a one off and it's more to do with her character than her inheritance.

The head of the state shouldn't be in the role because they have inherited it, regardless of the personal worth of the monarch of the day.

The ridiculousness of having royalty as head of state is shown by Andrew who has all sorts of patronages and associations just because of, once again, the girl private he happened to drop out of. It wouldn't have taken much more than an accident of fate for him to be our head of state for the past couple of decades and he's always been a stupid, boorish tool.

We're a democracy, so it makes sense to elect our own head of state, even if the role is just as a mostly powerless figurehead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 66
arryarryarry
November 24, 2019, 2:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Maringer

How different is this from say the Labour Government under Tony Blair. That lying girl private was responsible for tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of deaths of innocent people. Plenty of lackeys and hangers on under him, for example that useless twit Lord Adonis, now what did that useless fornicator achieve apart from being elected as a local councillor, now the brains (and I use that term loosely) behind that billions of pounds white elepant that is HS2 and "Lording" it above us minnions.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 66
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Royal Family

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.