7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
November 24, 2019, 10:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
The only ones who should be paid for by the tax payer are the monarch and the heir to the throne the rest can go whistle

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 66
mariner91
November 24, 2019, 11:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,248
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Marinerz93

As a self proclaimed educated man, how long did it take for Germany to get rid of the Nazi image Hitler forced on the country as head of state.

I'm no expert but I would imagine it was more to do with the fact that the Nazis went to war with most of Europe and committed some appalling atrocities that the German image was tarnished. If they still had a Kaiser but the Nazis had gained power and done exactly the same, their image would have been spared would it?

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 66
Marinerz93
November 25, 2019, 4:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from mariner91

I'm no expert but I would imagine it was more to do with the fact that the Nazis went to war with most of Europe and committed some appalling atrocities that the German image was tarnished. If they still had a Kaiser but the Nazis had gained power and done exactly the same, their image would have been spared would it?

I too am no expert, would it have got to that stage, if the monarch can dissolve Parliament, would depend on what rights the monarch has, otherwise it would be a military coup but it would be on record the Monarchy opposed.

No one has come back and said who can do a better job than the Queen or who they would want as head of state, answer that.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 66
ska face
November 25, 2019, 4:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
Who could do a better job than Liz Saxe-Coburg Gotha? How about one of those waving cats from a Chinese takeaway?

It would do the exact same job in blankly waving and smiling to whatever sad-act drips turn out to look at it, but would save tens of millions in security, wouldn’t need 7-course banquets and steak for its pets, wouldn’t have a history of Nazi sympathising, wouldn’t have any children who traffic underage girls to sexually abuse, could be stored in a drawer and wouldn’t need tens of thousands of acres of land and palaces to potter about in (these could be donated to people that need it), you don’t have to swap it for a new chinless inbreed every 50-60 years, and it would only cost the taxpayer a new set of batteries every 6 months. I’d pay for those myself.

“Cat” would also slot into the national anthem seamlessly.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 66
Marinerz93
November 25, 2019, 8:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Who could do a better job than Liz Saxe-Coburg Gotha? How about one of those waving cats from a Chinese takeaway?

It would do the exact same job in blankly waving and smiling to whatever sad-act drips turn out to look at it, but would save tens of millions in security, wouldn’t need 7-course banquets and steak for its pets, wouldn’t have a history of Nazi sympathising, wouldn’t have any children who traffic underage girls to sexually abuse, could be stored in a drawer and wouldn’t need tens of thousands of acres of land and palaces to potter about in (these could be donated to people that need it), you don’t have to swap it for a new chinless inbreed every 50-60 years, and it would only cost the taxpayer a new set of batteries every 6 months. I’d pay for those myself.

“Cat” would also slot into the national anthem seamlessly.

Another bitter republican turnip eater, again no one seems to take on the fact the Queen as head of state is leagues ahead of the likes of Corbyn, Johnson, Macron, Merkel and I would rather have Schrödinger's cat than anyone off that list.

Again the jealousy flows, so bitter that someone else has a bigger house, a nicer car and a social life you can only dream of it seems. I've worked in plenty of new houses that have been given to a certain type of people and seen what they have done with the brand new houses they have been given. So it would be a no from me for them to be given any of the Palaces.

As for the Palaces and land some of it should be used to fund the Royalty, which I would only fund the Queen and the next inline for the throne.

Your example of the lucky fortune cat from the Chinese takeaway which was more than likely made in a sweat shop, isn't such a bad call as they originated to protect the home from vermin and snakes, just needs to be placed in parliament which is full of them on all sides.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 66
Maringer
November 25, 2019, 9:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
None of the names you mention are the head of state of their country or even want to be head of state. It is a ceremonial role with little real power which is why it would be perfectly easy to have somebody cheaper than Liz do just as good a job. All they need to do is turn up when required and then behave themselves. There's a reason that serious politicians don't try and become heads of state in countries which don't have a monarchy.

The US has a different system where the President is both head of government and head of state - a bit like an emperor, really. Not really working out that well, at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 66
ska face
November 25, 2019, 9:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from Marinerz93

Another bitter republican turnip eater, again no one seems to take on the fact the Queen as head of state is leagues ahead of the likes of Corbyn, Johnson, Macron, Merkel and I would rather have Schrödinger's cat than anyone off that list.

Again the jealousy flows, so bitter that someone else has a bigger house, a nicer car and a social life you can only dream of it seems. I've worked in plenty of new houses that have been given to a certain type of people and seen what they have done with the brand new houses they have been given. So it would be a no from me for them to be given any of the Palaces.

As for the Palaces and land some of it should be used to fund the Royalty, which I would only fund the Queen and the next inline for the throne.

Your example of the lucky fortune cat from the Chinese takeaway which was more than likely made in a sweat shop, isn't such a bad call as they originated to protect the home from vermin and snakes, just needs to be placed in parliament which is full of them on all sides.

Remarkable defence of a family riddled with paedophiles and nonce sympathisers.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 66
chaos33
November 25, 2019, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from Marinerz93

Hahaha get a grip. You are not real.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 66
Marinerz93
November 25, 2019, 10:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Remarkable defence of a family riddled with paedophiles and nonce sympathisers.

There is no defence of illegal or insidious behaviour, I've said no one is above the law, if there are questions to answer then it is a matter for the Police, why don't you complain to them with your evidence or are you too busy munching on that turnip and generally being bitter.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 66
Marinerz93
November 25, 2019, 10:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
None of the names you mention are the head of state of their country or even want to be head of state. It is a ceremonial role with little real power which is why it would be perfectly easy to have somebody cheaper than Liz do just as good a job. All they need to do is turn up when required and then behave themselves. There's a reason that serious politicians don't try and become heads of state in countries which don't have a monarchy.

The US has a different system where the President is both head of government and head of state - a bit like an emperor, really. Not really working out that well, at the moment.

Cheaper is great, who is capable of doing this, I see you have avoided putting someone up for this, it's a fair question and would it be voted on like X factor or the like.

You are deluded if you think anyone who hasn't been brought up that sort of social circle could carry off the Queens duties and command foreign dignities into following protocol just like when the most powerful man in the world was told he had not followed protocol, a mistake he didn't make again when meeting the queen, your guff is just laughable, and here we have head of State, Margret from Ull, hey up cocker, take shoes off, this rug cost an arm and a leg, where's ya slippers mate, fancy a brew like.  

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Royal Family

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.