6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
November 9, 2019, 10:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
I thought we where poor today and couldn’t work out how we where actually trying to win a game which as far as I’m concerned as the home side you’re obliged to do.

I’m not blaming the players as I reckon they all put a shift in and there was a couple of good performances in there as well.

We ended up from what I could tell playing a 4-1-3-2 though I thought it was meant to be 4-4-2 we just seemed to always have a man (Hess) in front of the back 4 which meant we had zero width. I’m sure Cooke had been told not to advance too far as Pollock was filling in at RB.

The level of performance and style of play sits with Jolley and Limbrick and it looks like the players don’t understand the identity of our play. I think these lads are reasonable at this level but it just feels like they’re not sure of what they’re meant to be doing which might explain the “just boot the fukin thing” style we now have.

Thought Newport where average TBH but they did pep up when Podge cane on, who could blame them?

The ref? Again poor but no better or worse than the muppets we now get at BP week in week out. I’m afraid that this won’t get any better any time soon as the idiots who abuse the young kids just starting out with a whistle on a Saturday and Sunday are putting people off becoming refs and suppressing any talent pipeline coming through.

Before we play Newport there is always some narrative about Amond but on reflection I’m not sure we’ve actually progressed since Podge was a player for us which completely vindicated his decision to leave what is becoming a lame duck of a football club.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 59
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2019, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I thought we where poor today and couldn’t work out how we where actually trying to win a game which as far as I’m concerned as the home side you’re obliged to do.

I’m not blaming the players as I reckon they all put a shift in and there was a couple of good performances in there as well.

We ended up from what I could tell playing a 4-1-3-2 though I thought it was meant to be 4-4-2 we just seemed to always have a man (Hess) in front of the back 4 which meant we had zero width. I’m sure Cooke had been told not to advance too far as Pollock was filling in at RB.

The level of performance and style of play sits with Jolley and Limbrick and it looks like the players don’t understand the identity of our play. I think these lads are reasonable at this level but it just feels like they’re not sure of what they’re meant to be doing which might explain the “just boot the fukin thing” style we now have.

Thought Newport where average TBH but they did pep up when Podge cane on, who could blame them?

The ref? Again poor but no better or worse than the muppets we now get at BP week in week out. I’m afraid that this won’t get any better any time soon as the idiots who abuse the young kids just starting out with a whistle on a Saturday and Sunday are putting people off becoming refs and suppressing any talent pipeline coming through.

Before we play Newport there is always some narrative about Amond but on reflection I’m not sure we’ve actually progressed since Podge was a player for us which completely vindicated his decision to leave what is becoming a lame duck of a football club.

This lame duck football club needs new impetus instead of being a vehicle to repay John Fenty for his fabled failures of the past. We really are a bit shambolic on & off the pitch. Even our S&C coach got a yellow card today!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 59
HertsGTFC
November 9, 2019, 10:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

This lame duck football club needs new impetus instead of being a vehicle to repay John Fenty for his fabled failures of the past. We really are a bit shambolic on & off the pitch. Even our S&C coach got a yellow card today!

100% agree, as long as we finish 91st or above MJ is safe whilst rye boys club sit around the big table.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 59
Heisenberg
November 9, 2019, 10:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,029
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from HertsGTFC

100% agree, as long as we finish 91st or above MJ is safe whilst rye boys club sit around the big table.

91st would take us down!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 59
Stew0_0
November 9, 2019, 10:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,200
Gold Stars: 35
Got ourselves into a lead first half and defended well throughout then 2nd half got things wrong tactically allowing Newport to keep on attacking in waves, compounded by subbing Green, bringing on Rose and going one up front.
For all our good defending we was always one mistake away from giving away a penalty and we was punished.
Had a victory pulled away from us by our own manager. Chance missed and cant see us winning the replay as our record there is dreadful. Shame.

Pollack and Waterfall towns best players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 59
HertsGTFC
November 9, 2019, 10:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg

91st would take us down!

Indeed....90th it is now 🙈

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 59
mariner tommy
November 10, 2019, 9:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
It was awful again, no plan, no idea.
We managed to hold our own in the first half but not when Newport stepped it up in the second.
We played as though we were the away side. Came as no surprise when they scored.
And even Hess doesn’t seem to be able to take a decent corner any more.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 59
headingly_mariner
November 10, 2019, 10:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,341
Gold Stars: 113
Ultra negative. Does Jolley not realise that if you get sacked at Town you don’t get another league job?

We go to football to be entertained, he shows no ambition to entertain us and our tactics are anti football.

Grow a pair and try to win games or pack your bags.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 59
TAGG
November 10, 2019, 11:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 124
You lads on this thread who know what formation we were playing know a lot more than me.
I thought we had at least ten different formations throughout the match but most of the time we didnt have any

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 59
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 10, 2019, 12:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If the players know what they are doing and know what they are supposed to be doing, then it is all the manager’s fault.

If the players don’t know what they are doing and don’t know what they are supposed to be doing, then it is all the manager’s fault.

Either way he cannot escape responsibility for what is going on by blaming individual errors, referees or the opposition being nasty big strong boys.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.