Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 20 goal striker.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 264 Guests

20 goal striker.

This thread currently has 8,496 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
somersetmariner
October 25, 2019, 11:38am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
In the second scenario and the gay striker ballooned the ball over the bar, in that moment I’m sure the fans would say something like ‘haha you insert expletive here’

Whether that can be deemed as homophobic I’m not sure.

An opposing player has made a mistake and will receive personal ridicule wether he’a fat, tall, black, gay, ginger, blond, from another county,  from another country, short......that’s life on terraces.

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 65
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 25, 2019, 11:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Yes it does matter

It matters because they are in a town shirt not another teams.

As the old adage goes: play for the team on the front, and we will support the name on the back

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 65
gtfc98
October 25, 2019, 11:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
A lot of people saying that "they'd unfortunately get a lot of stick from the stands". As fans we all have a responsibility to call this out and make the bigots who would do this kind of thing feel as stupid and narrow minded as they should be. I was disappointed that the twitter profile which claimed to be a gay footballer coming out turned out to be a hoax as this could have been a ground breaking moment for our sport. At least 10% of the population identify as LGBTQ so it's a real shame to me that there are a significant number of footballers who are living their lives unable to be open about who they are. The sooner this changes the better!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 65
gtfc98
October 25, 2019, 11:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from somersetmariner
In the second scenario and the gay striker ballooned the ball over the bar, in that moment I’m sure the fans would say something like ‘haha you insert expletive here’

Whether that can be deemed as homophobic I’m not sure.

An opposing player has made a mistake and will receive personal ridicule wether he’a fat, tall, black, gay, ginger, blond, from another county,  from another country, short......that’s life on terraces.

Edited to what is acceptable "top banter" from life on the terraces.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 65
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 25, 2019, 12:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from gtfc98
At least 10% of the population identify as LGBTQ so it's a real shame to me that there are a significant number of footballers who are living their lives unable to be open about who they are. The sooner this changes the better!

And how many of those are actually gay etc  from that denomination? It was proven that people are jumping on the bandwagon because it's trendy to be part of this at the moment. Shocking, but true

I mean, people are identifying themselves as broccoli and fu(king caterpillars!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 65
gtfc98
October 25, 2019, 12:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

And how many of those are actually gay etc  from that denomination? It was proven that people are jumping on the bandwagon because it's trendy to be part of this at the moment. Shocking, but true

I mean, people are identifying themselves as broccoli and fu(king caterpillars!

That's ridiculous. Why would anyone "jump on the bandwagon"? Don't believe everything Piers Morgan says the guy is a thundercunt.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 65
Ipswin
October 25, 2019, 12:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 140067
Just say we find a 20 a season striker, but.... he's openly gay would it make a difference to how us supporters would view him?
On the other hand a striker takes a penalty hits it down the middle, McKeown saves with his legs and the follow up shot balloons over, the penalty taker is openly gay. Will he receive homophobic chants?

What are the views on gay footballers?

WTF are you on? And are you inferring Tuesdays Cambridge penalty taker was gay?

When you go back after half term get your teacher to give you more homework to keep you busy

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 65
October 25, 2019, 12:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from thefish

It’s 2019... this shouldn’t even be a topic of conversation!

Yes it is 2019, how many footballers come out as gay. 2019 and racism is rife.
Reply: 17 - 65
October 25, 2019, 12:33pm
Guest User
Reply: 18 - 65
October 25, 2019, 12:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

WTF are you on? And are you inferring Tuesdays Cambridge penalty taker was gay?

When you go back after half term get your teacher to give you more homework to keep you busy

Very                                                                                                                          
Ipswin my dear ^ old thing, patronising as ever, come out with something better than your usual line of "do more homework. Sounds like you didn't do much homework as you've not got much imagination or
             Very
intellect ^ old chap. Much love and kisses.
Reply: 19 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 20 goal striker.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.