6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
October 13, 2019, 8:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +642
Gold Stars: 125
I think you should step back and take a look in the mirror Mr Jolly.. You blame the team for playing bad... take a look at how you set them up with one slow center mid on one wing .. he didnt stand a chance . and another  center mid / striker on the other wing .. played a fullback on the wrong side.. dropped another better full back for what reason ???????... You find a winning formula and change it  every time.. That was a disgrace yesterday what you sent out to play and you blame them.. we are not as thick as you think we are . stop playing your fav players and play them that work.. Look over your shoulder because Hurst is coming to overtake you , and it will be them that have a look at who is below us again thread
Logged Online
Private Message
Son of Cod
October 13, 2019, 9:58am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,310
Gold Stars: 196
At least get his flipping name right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 13, 2019, 10:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,749
Gold Stars: 177
Centre.....not center (unless you are a yanker)

I can understand you feel aggrieved, we all do as supporters. I wasn't even there and I get p1ssed off. But, the manager made the decision, the result has gone, and, hopefully, the troops regroup and we get a more positive result against Leyton orient next week.

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
Northbank Mariner
October 13, 2019, 10:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,380
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Centre.....not center (unless you are a yanker)

I can understand you feel aggrieved, we all do as supporters. I wasn't even there and I get p1ssed off. But, the manager made the decision, the result has gone, and, hopefully, the troops regroup and we get a more positive result against Leyton orient next week.

Unfortunately Woz, whilst I see where you are coming from they(the management) have had 2 games since the Mansfield loss to get the group going again and fell short both times ..
As we know winning is a confidence thing, early on in the those first few games there was a buzz running through the squad and the town but I feel after these last 3 games, albeit one in the tinpot cup, the performances have dropped below an acceptable level, so now to get that winning mentality back into the group is fast becoming an uphill battle, unless MJ & Co can turn this round next Saturday/Tuesday then I actually fear we'll be slipping down that table at an alarming rate of knots..
God knows I want this team/squad/manager to succeed but any early optimism I had is quickly ebbing away...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 13, 2019, 10:17am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -4
Approval: +7,429
Gold Stars: 64
Actually, despite Denni’s known opposition to MJ, the majority of this post is correct and difficult to argue with,

Defensively we have options but Gibson deserves to be playing at the minute and on current form Hewitt is playing better than Hendrie although I am comfortable with whichever of these players right back. Waterfall has proved a decent signing and again Davis or Pollock alongside him should give us a decent back four.

Going forwards MJ needs to identify his plan A, with most of us wanting pace at the forefront of this, and Plan B, which should be making use of Hanson’s aerial ability. Of course with the right selection Plan A will incorporate Plan B but with crosses from the byline or at least alongside the penalty area rather than from deep as at present.

Midfield is a problem but Hess is a must and whilst Robson a little inconsistent he should be on the left and I would put Clifton in. Again Harry not had best start to the season but he has high energy levels, gets around the pitch and should be encouraged to get in the opposition box more often.

Up front Wright is a must when fit but who else? Rose and Ogbu did the business at Exeter so this formation should be tried again. That would mean omitting Hanson and Green which after 5 games into the season would be unthinkable but it is a squad game and all players will get there chance and if Hanson gets the nod before Ogbu I would like to see Rose playing alongside Hanson rather than our current policy of deploying our front three across the pitch and totally isolated from each other.

A decision also needs to be made on Vernam, flatters to deceive IMO, but if he is to stay with the club he needs a run of games and if town are not going to provide this get him out on loan, with Cardwell, to try and build their confidence.

In closing I would reiterate what I said last week we are two quality L2 players, one in midfield and one up front, from having a very competitive team at this level. What we also need is an ability to take the game to the opposition and not rely on counter attacks, particularly at home.

The remainder of this season will demonstrate if MJ has that ability we all want him to possess and there is improvements this season, but our historical ability to gift 3 points to teams having bad runs still continues as per results at Salford and Stevenage and a miracle escape at Oldham.

Still lots to work on but foundations are in place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
golfer
October 13, 2019, 10:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,358
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from denni266
I think you should step back and take a look in the mirror Mr Jolly.. You blame the team for playing bad... take a look at how you set them up with one slow center mid on one wing .. he didnt stand a chance . and another  center mid / striker on the other wing .. played a fullback on the wrong side.. dropped another better full back for what reason ???????... You find a winning formula and change it  every time.. That was a disgrace yesterday what you sent out to play and you blame them.. we are not as thick as you think we are . stop playing your fav players and play them that work.. Look over your shoulder because Hurst is coming to overtake you , and it will be them that have a look at who is below us again thread

Agree with the first 3 lines but the rest is bollllox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
denni266
October 13, 2019, 10:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +642
Gold Stars: 125
Quoted from golfer

Agree with the first 3 lines but the rest is bollllox

you are entitled to your opinion  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
grimsby pete
October 13, 2019, 11:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
The main thing about yesterday was we made a team that was bottom of the league without a win to.their name look fairly good yet only two weeks ago we beat the team that was top of the lesgue.

I like MJ but he will never make it as a. Manager unless he discovers L2  players can not adapt to playing a different formation every week they are playing L2 for a reason and no forward thinking idea's from a manager with high qualifications can turn them into something they are not.

He has got a decent squad of players that can do a good job if he plays them in their best positions and we will have a bit of success this season if he stops changing things from week to week or he will just lose the great fans that follow this club all over the country because he will just keep doing the same old thing of winning a few followed by losing a few and constantly  disappointing the faithful.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
Maringer
October 13, 2019, 11:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -11
Approval: +16,069
Gold Stars: 175
I don't mind the Plan A of using Hanson too much. The problem is that we just don't play it well enough. The service in to him is terrible and we don't have players around him to pick up the pieces because the midfield are deep and we're lacking in pace. I think Jolley was hoping for a Hanson/Green partnership to really click but it has been the opposite as they are rarely close enough to each other to link up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
MuddyWaters
October 13, 2019, 11:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Maringer
I don't mind the Plan A of using Hanson too much. The problem is that we just don't play it well enough. The service in to him is terrible and we don't have players around him to pick up the pieces because the midfield are deep and we're lacking in pace. I think Jolley was hoping for a Hanson/Green partnership to really click but it has been the opposite as they are rarely close enough to each other to link up.

I was really impressed with Green's workrate in the first few home games but that's about where it ends with him isn't it? He doesn't have the pace of Ogbu, Wright, Rose or even Vernam and we've watched enough L2 and non league football over the last 10 years to know how lower league defenders struggle with attackers with pace. Play with Hanson as a fulcrum by all means but play the right players round him!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › jolly the poor workman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.