7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Malta_Mariner_90
August 22, 2019, 10:53am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Rik e B
Burns just summarised that Shutes getting his ducks in a row with regards to the redevelopment and stadium - seems the docks the likely location. The price has been agreed but the board want to see he has the funds should the Club hit a sticky patch on the field.

What the? the only money coming into the club now is from the fans and the TV deal!

Better marketing, running of the club and people returning (like my Dad) who have decided not to go with Fenty and Co in charge will only with increase our revenue greatly in any case.

So to summarize (my interpretation) Fenty is delaying the takeover because of a hypothetical doomsday scenario....FFS.  

EDITED

Having now read the transcript of Fenty's interview on the telegraph it is clear (as per Fenty's comments) that the EFL are still to be satisfied regards funding as well. I wonder if the Bury and Bolton situations mean the EFL are going to apply extra scrutiny at this current time? Which could explain why things are being delayed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 67
dapperz fun pub
August 22, 2019, 10:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Wonder how things would stand if say we beat Macclesfield and say draw Man U away to get some of this football fortune  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 67
heppy88
August 22, 2019, 10:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
The most alarming statement for me was Fenty still proposes Peakes Parkway would be the best location for the new stadium. He mentioned it twice and sounded dismissive of all other options. The problem is as head of regeneration he will have sway in this area.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 67
dapperz fun pub
August 22, 2019, 10:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from heppy88
The most alarming statement for me was Fenty still proposes Peakes Parkway would be the best location for the new stadium. He mentioned it twice and sounded dismissive of all other options. The problem is as head of regeneration he will have sway in this area.

He’s busy with funky furniture and palm trees so shouldn’t be a problem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 67
Youngy
August 22, 2019, 11:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,662
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

What the? the only money coming into the club now is from the fans and the TV deal!

Better marketing, running of the club and people returning (like my Dad) who have decided not to go with Fenty and Co in charge will only with increase our revenue greatly in any case.

So to summarize (my interpretation) Fenty is delaying the takeover because of a hypothetical doomsday scenario....FFS.  

Don't you think though with what is going on with Bury and Bolton, having proof of funds is important?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 67
Rob_in_Grimsby
August 22, 2019, 11:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

To Pass the FL fit and proper funds test they will need to prove funds are available in case of a downturn in revenue anyway. This is what the issue is at Bury at the moment,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 67
TheRealJohnLewis
August 22, 2019, 11:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Spending within your means is more important, which the two you have mentioned are not and they could keep spunking money into a bottomless pit, and it would still end up the same situation regardless of proof of funds!
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 67
GollyGTFC
August 22, 2019, 11:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,970
Gold Stars: 356
“A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit”

Fair play to Fenty. He’s building a 75ft tree and it should be up by Christmas. Not only will Fenty be able to sit in its shade, but he’ll be able to use it for light when it’s illuminated at night time.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 67
Malta_Mariner_90
August 22, 2019, 11:10am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Youngy

Don't you think though with what is going on with Bury and Bolton, having proof of funds is important?

Of course it is. But the point I was making is why does Fenty want assurances on funding in the event of a decline on the pitch. (Bearing in mind we have had basically nothing but bloody decline since he took over)?

What proof would he have that Shutes would spend any money in that event anyway?

He cannot get him to guarantee that "in the event of relegation to the NL I will ensure any shortfall in funding from the FL will be provided".

It just smacks of the sort of attitude he has always held, that he has done a great job and probably whoever comes along could not possibly achieve as much as he has. Pretty much assuming that under new leadership we will be relegated to the NL again. Despite the fact that as a footballing team you have to be monumentally excrement to get relegated from L2 as we have witnessed once before.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 67
Son of Cod
August 22, 2019, 11:14am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
[url=https://imgflip.com/i/38lrf9][img]https://i.imgflip.com/38lrf9.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mr Burns

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.