Teesknees
August 22, 2019, 6:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Rik e B
Isn't he married to ross's sister or something.

Hopefully the delay so he can make an entrance with a big bang. "This is what we are going to do and this is how we'll do it".

David Ross's sister was mudered in 2006 when her ex husband stabbed her and her new boyfriend in her house near Market Harborough, then he set fire to her house, they both perished!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 67
Gaffer58
August 22, 2019, 7:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,035
Gold Stars: 31
Regarding Mr Fenty talking about the new palm sculpture, at least we now know what happened to the part of the floodlights taken down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 67
The Boys Paddock
August 22, 2019, 8:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
Quoted from drbell
Im always so split on the 'Fenty' debates. I strongly believe he has always tried to do the right thing for Town. Without him (given the lack of alternatives) we would be in a much worse situation.
However, its hard to argue with the people complaining about a lack of PR and Media saviness when we hear the surprisingly interesting news that he and Shutes agreed up on a price months ago. If this is information we are allowed to know, then why wasn't it revealed more widely some time ago? That would have got rid of so much mumbling and blaming of Fenty for what is always going to be a long drawn out process.

why? It does not take much to understand that long term funding of the club is the issue here.....fine it you want him to sell for selling's sake fine

dont come back here i 2 years time when we are still in L2 questioning the player budget...and the general upkeep of the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 67
lew chaterleys lover
August 22, 2019, 9:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from wiggers
I would like to see Shutes actually come out and say something. Why is he buying the club? What are his ambitions and goals for GTFC? Instead of having a pop at Fenty maybe we should be asking the question, why has Shutes not come out and said a single thing about this proposed take over????

He can't until he takes charge. You cannot give your ambition for a club until you own it, that would be most disrespectful.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 67
White_shorts
August 22, 2019, 9:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -599
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from heppy88
The most alarming statement for me was Fenty still proposes Peakes Parkway would be the best location for the new stadium. He mentioned it twice and sounded dismissive of all other options. The problem is as head of regeneration he will have sway in this area.

I agree. As a so-called head of regeneration, it is a disgrace that Fenty still favours PP. I don't know how the guy sleeps at night.

It would not surprise me if the club officially pursued the docks until Freeman Street is lost to housing. It will then be announced that infilling is too expensive.

Another possible location is the western edge of town, but that is reliant on the A180-A46 link road being built. Future generations will wonder why the club didn't secure the logical Freemo site as soon as work started to demolish the flats.

If it happens, Peaks Parkway will forever be known as Fenty's Folly.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 67
KingstonMariner
August 22, 2019, 9:20pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

He can't until he takes charge. You cannot give your ambition for a club until you own it, that would be most disrespectful.

I dunno. Could be part of his pitch to win people over. I’d like to understand what the vision is before he buys. Know next to nothing about the guy.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 67
lew chaterleys lover
August 22, 2019, 9:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I dunno. Could be part of his pitch to win people over. I’d like to understand what the vision is before he buys. Know next to nothing about the guy.

Come on Kingston - ANY vision is better than what we have now!

It is not up to us who can or cannot take over - we will judge the new regime on their decisions and progess, or lack of, in due course.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 67
MuddyWaters
August 22, 2019, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230

It is not up to us who can or cannot take over - we will judge the new regime on their decisions and progess, or lack of, in due course.

Give it sixteen years to form an opinion, should be long enough.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 67
GrimRob
August 22, 2019, 9:36pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Be careful what you wish for  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 67
KingstonMariner
August 22, 2019, 9:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Now even you're telling me to shut up! Are you an acountant too?  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.