Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 22, 2019, 8:22am
Has Mr Fenty on his programme after 9am this morning
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 22, 2019, 8:27am; Reply: 1

It could be about the Giant 72FT PalmTree that's going to tower over the prom   ;D
Posted by: ska face, August 22, 2019, 8:48am; Reply: 2
Maybe he can give us an update on how many season tickets were sold (under 2700 apparently...)?
Posted by: Hagrid, August 22, 2019, 8:52am; Reply: 3
Well i know many dont like Burnsy but he’ll say it how it is and wont prat about
Posted by: Grantley, August 22, 2019, 8:55am; Reply: 4
Excellent.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 22, 2019, 9:03am; Reply: 5
I’ve got my Fentyism bingo card ready!
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 22, 2019, 9:08am; Reply: 6
His show is 9am-12. Feels like when you take the day off to sort out your broadband and they say they'll be there between 10:30am and 6:45pm.
Posted by: pizzzza, August 22, 2019, 9:08am; Reply: 7
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I’ve got my Fentyism bingo card ready!

"Frankly....", "Tyrekickers", etc., etc.
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 22, 2019, 9:10am; Reply: 8
Quoted from pizzzza

"Frankly....", "Tyrekickers", etc., etc.

Pilloried.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 22, 2019, 9:15am; Reply: 9
In the building and football fortune at 1-100
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 22, 2019, 9:16am; Reply: 10
Oh he's on now, but it's about a massive palm tree they're building on the north prom.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 22, 2019, 9:22am; Reply: 11

The phone line doesn't sound great, then again my hearing isn't the best.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 22, 2019, 9:22am; Reply: 12
Funky street furniture.

There are 3 words I never thought I’d hear come out of Fenty’smouth.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 22, 2019, 9:23am; Reply: 13
I’m shocked! Fenty knows what Nando’s is.
Posted by: Fishy clapper, August 22, 2019, 9:29am; Reply: 14
Came across reasonably well
Posted by: Mallyner, August 22, 2019, 9:29am; Reply: 15
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I’m shocked! Fenty knows what Nando’s is.

His Granny used to make some lovely bread out of it.  ;)
Posted by: drbell, August 22, 2019, 10:01am; Reply: 16
Im always so split on the 'Fenty' debates. I strongly believe he has always tried to do the right thing for Town. Without him (given the lack of alternatives) we would be in a much worse situation.
However, its hard to argue with the people complaining about a lack of PR and Media saviness when we hear the surprisingly interesting news that he and Shutes agreed up on a price months ago. If this is information we are allowed to know, then why wasn't it revealed more widely some time ago? That would have got rid of so much mumbling and blaming of Fenty for what is always going to be a long drawn out process.
Posted by: Rik e B, August 22, 2019, 10:25am; Reply: 17
I'm confused, so if the price was agreed months ago, shouldnt it have gone to fit and proper persons test once this the case? What's the holdup?

Or is that an attempt to quell a certain rumour?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 22, 2019, 10:43am; Reply: 18
Remember what the Victorians left us ... errhh but it’s a gigantic palm tree Jon   😳🏝  but if it’s free money take it 👍
Posted by: Rik e B, August 22, 2019, 10:46am; Reply: 19
Burns just summarised that Shutes getting his ducks in a row with regards to the redevelopment and stadium - seems the docks the likely location. The price has been agreed but the board want to see he has the funds should the Club hit a sticky patch on the field.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, August 22, 2019, 10:53am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Rik e B
Burns just summarised that Shutes getting his ducks in a row with regards to the redevelopment and stadium - seems the docks the likely location. The price has been agreed but the board want to see he has the funds should the Club hit a sticky patch on the field.

What the? the only money coming into the club now is from the fans and the TV deal!

Better marketing, running of the club and people returning (like my Dad) who have decided not to go with Fenty and Co in charge will only with increase our revenue greatly in any case.

So to summarize (my interpretation) Fenty is delaying the takeover because of a hypothetical doomsday scenario....FFS.  

EDITED

Having now read the transcript of Fenty's interview on the telegraph it is clear (as per Fenty's comments) that the EFL are still to be satisfied regards funding as well. I wonder if the Bury and Bolton situations mean the EFL are going to apply extra scrutiny at this current time? Which could explain why things are being delayed.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 22, 2019, 10:58am; Reply: 21
Wonder how things would stand if say we beat Macclesfield and say draw Man U away to get some of this football fortune  
Posted by: heppy88, August 22, 2019, 10:58am; Reply: 22
The most alarming statement for me was Fenty still proposes Peakes Parkway would be the best location for the new stadium. He mentioned it twice and sounded dismissive of all other options. The problem is as head of regeneration he will have sway in this area.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 22, 2019, 10:59am; Reply: 23
Quoted from heppy88
The most alarming statement for me was Fenty still proposes Peakes Parkway would be the best location for the new stadium. He mentioned it twice and sounded dismissive of all other options. The problem is as head of regeneration he will have sway in this area.

He’s busy with funky furniture and palm trees so shouldn’t be a problem
Posted by: Youngy, August 22, 2019, 11:00am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

What the? the only money coming into the club now is from the fans and the TV deal!

Better marketing, running of the club and people returning (like my Dad) who have decided not to go with Fenty and Co in charge will only with increase our revenue greatly in any case.

So to summarize (my interpretation) Fenty is delaying the takeover because of a hypothetical doomsday scenario....FFS.  

Don't you think though with what is going on with Bury and Bolton, having proof of funds is important?
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, August 22, 2019, 11:05am; Reply: 25

To Pass the FL fit and proper funds test they will need to prove funds are available in case of a downturn in revenue anyway. This is what the issue is at Bury at the moment,
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, August 22, 2019, 11:08am; Reply: 26
Spending within your means is more important, which the two you have mentioned are not and they could keep spunking money into a bottomless pit, and it would still end up the same situation regardless of proof of funds!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 22, 2019, 11:09am; Reply: 27
“A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit”

Fair play to Fenty. He’s building a 75ft tree and it should be up by Christmas. Not only will Fenty be able to sit in its shade, but he’ll be able to use it for light when it’s illuminated at night time.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, August 22, 2019, 11:10am; Reply: 28
Quoted from Youngy

Don't you think though with what is going on with Bury and Bolton, having proof of funds is important?

Of course it is. But the point I was making is why does Fenty want assurances on funding in the event of a decline on the pitch. (Bearing in mind we have had basically nothing but bloody decline since he took over)?

What proof would he have that Shutes would spend any money in that event anyway?

He cannot get him to guarantee that "in the event of relegation to the NL I will ensure any shortfall in funding from the FL will be provided".

It just smacks of the sort of attitude he has always held, that he has done a great job and probably whoever comes along could not possibly achieve as much as he has. Pretty much assuming that under new leadership we will be relegated to the NL again. Despite the fact that as a footballing team you have to be monumentally excrement to get relegated from L2 as we have witnessed once before.

Posted by: Son of Cod, August 22, 2019, 11:14am; Reply: 29
[url=https://imgflip.com/i/38lrf9][img]https://i.imgflip.com/38lrf9.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/url]
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, August 22, 2019, 11:34am; Reply: 30

Despite the fact that as a footballing team you have to be monumentally excrement to get relegated from L2 as we have witnessed once before.

That's too true, it's not like the premier league where 19th and 18th could have scrappy half decent seasons and go down fighting. The bottom 4 or 5 in league 2 usually have monumentally woeful seasons finishing with an end of season 10 game sprint that if you calculate that form over the season is probably only midtable form anyway
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 22, 2019, 1:19pm; Reply: 31

Of course it is. But the point I was making is why does Fenty want assurances on funding in the event of a decline on the pitch. (Bearing in mind we have had basically nothing but bloody decline since he took over)?

What proof would he have that Shutes would spend any money in that event anyway?

He cannot get him to guarantee that "in the event of relegation to the NL I will ensure any shortfall in funding from the FL will be provided".

It just smacks of the sort of attitude he has always held, that he has done a great job and probably whoever comes along could not possibly achieve as much as he has. Pretty much assuming that under new leadership we will be relegated to the NL again. Despite the fact that as a footballing team you have to be monumentally excrement to get relegated from L2 as we have witnessed once before.

As I see it, he has just one noteworthy achievement that he can put forward from his time in charge.... that the club didn't go in to administration ( a long long time ago now )

He can't claim though that we are any further forward in footballing team terms than when he first took over.... all that's been done since the initial ITV digital storm is for him to have navigated a seemingly never-ending course through the doldrums for us  :-/
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 22, 2019, 2:05pm; Reply: 32
Realistically, how many chairman/owners at our level have the funds to prop up their club in the event of a 'downturn'?

I don't want us to have a chairman who can put his hand in his back pocket and say here, I've bailed you out...sort of.  You owe me now.  

That's the sort of attitude that got us into this mess in the first place.  I've lost track of how many times I've said this but if we're remotely well run there should be absolutely no need for anyone to ever bail us out, ever.  

We've had jaff all to celebrate since 2016, last season was an absolute damp squib, it was the worst summer for promoting season tickets that I can remember, we had the stadium manager badging all of our fans as hooligans and yet we still shifted in excess of 2500 (if the latest figures read are accurate).   That's one heck of a core that won't go away.  It's there.  It was the same in the doldrums of the Conference too.  It's a guaranteed income each year that you can pretty much write into all the future accounts.  

That's your baseline, that's what your basic workings are based on.  Equally so you take the figures over the last few years for additional ticket sales, merchandise sales, bar takings etc. everything we can and do sell, get a conservative figure for those as to what will come in through the door.  Each of those areas, which should have a person responsible for ensuring achievement, is then set a stretch target.  If they meet that target you reinvest some and you put some in the bank.  Next summer you re-evaluate your position and identify how much extra/less you're going to allocate to the budget.  You live within your means.  Those areas that aren't meeting targets, you ask the question why and what can be done to make sure they are met.

Let's say we end up having a flipping horrendous season and Hanson, McKeown, Hessenthaler, everybody contracts a 8-month stomach bug that means we end up playing the kids all season and get relegated, you adjust accordingly.  You evaluate what your position is financially and you adjust to reflect, that might mean you give McKeown away on a free transfer to get him off the wage bill.  You might end up with another season of kids because you can't offload some of the high earners so can't bring anyone else in.  Will it be pretty? Probably not. Will it be cutting the cloth accordingly? Yes.  If needs be we take a couple of disappointing seasons until the dust has settled and we can rebuild.  

I get it, that's far too simplistic and there's other factors involved.  But the concept is simple.  Don't spend what you don't have and if you want something, save for it.  Any footballing fortune is a bonus and use it wisely.

A football downturn for us would clearly be relegation back to the Conference.  Which, as others have said, you've got to be bloody awful to suffer.   When we went down in 2010 it had been on the wall for a few seasons prior.  We got lucky with points deductions for others.  Two years before relegation we should have taken stock and evaluated where we were heading, we didn't and we paid the price.   The likes of Morecambe, Yeovil etc. are fighting the tide because they simply can't compete.  We can.  Over the course of a season there's no reason, other than ridiculous bad luck or shocking management, that we should be even looking at a relegation/downturn.  

If Schutes has the cash and a value agreed on, what's the actual hold up John?  
Posted by: drbell, August 22, 2019, 2:26pm; Reply: 33
I can only assume that most people on this thread haven't heard today's interview or simply consider Mr Fenty to be lying. He said a price is agreed, and Shutes needs to pass the EFL test and Shutes is trying to line up his ducks as he is a "developer". It sounded crystal clear that Shutes hasn't done everything required of him yet, as he is trying to ensure all of his ventures in the area will progress, which is reasonable, but if he is having to bargain hard and is reliant on several projects getting the go ahead, it could take a very long time and quite likely not happen I fear.
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 22, 2019, 4:19pm; Reply: 34
Quoted Text
“When all is said and done, Tom (Shutes) is a developer and I’ve no doubt he’s looking to get all of his ducks in a row before he can progress and satisfy the requirements of the EFL and the final requirements of the club which is, in particular, to make sure there is funding available in the event of a downturn at the club.

The EFL test is a farce.  This has been proven beyond doubt over the last few months.

It's the bit in bold which worries me.  Final requirements of the club.  Are these the requirements of the club or those of John Fenty?

I would imagine the requirements of the club are someone to bring us into the 21st century.  That does not include having the cash to bail us out (and potentially hold us over a barrel for the next 15 years) in the event the roof of the Pontoon toilets blow off.
Posted by: Meza, August 22, 2019, 5:41pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Rik e B
I'm confused, so if the price was agreed months ago, shouldnt it have gone to fit and proper persons test once this the case? What's the holdup?

Or is that an attempt to quell a certain rumour?

I mentioned in the previous post \ thread, that I think the delay is (lining up the ducks) the purchasing of the docks land for the new stadium, so now we know the price is agreed, all the is left is pass the proper persons test (if not already done as stated by the GET), I guess he could take over then, if he has the money.  Personally I think Ross is involved somehow from a distance with the finance backing, maybe?  What do you folks think?
Posted by: wiggers, August 22, 2019, 6:05pm; Reply: 36
I would like to see Shutes actually come out and say something. Why is he buying the club? What are his ambitions and goals for GTFC? Instead of having a pop at Fenty maybe we should be asking the question, why has Shutes not come out and said a single thing about this proposed take over????
Posted by: forza ivano, August 22, 2019, 6:13pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Meza

I mentioned in the previous post \ thread, that I think the delay is (lining up the ducks) the purchasing of the docks land for the new stadium, so now we know the price is agreed, all the is left is pass the proper persons test (if not already done as stated by the GET), I guess he could take over then, if he has the money.  Personally I think Ross is involved somehow from a distance with the finance backing, maybe?  What do you folks think?

I have wondered about Ross as well Meza. I get the impression they go back quite a long way and I just wondered if they'd been at school together.I think ross went to Uppingham but I've been unable to find out where Shute s was schooled. Obviously this is idle speculation / musing, which I think I'm still allowed to post :)
Posted by: Rik e B, August 22, 2019, 6:18pm; Reply: 38
Isn't he married to ross's sister or something.

Hopefully the delay so he can make an entrance with a big bang. "This is what we are going to do and this is how we'll do it".
Posted by: forza ivano, August 22, 2019, 6:34pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Rik e B

Hopefully the delay so he can make an entrance with a big bang. All his plans and how it's going to be achieved.

I think the wife was just a weird coincidence. Her maiden name was, I seem to remeber, double barreled  with Schutes ,with a c. Being the second bit
Posted by: Teesknees, August 22, 2019, 6:49pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Rik e B

Hopefully the delay so he can make an entrance with a big bang. "This is what we are going to do and this is how we'll do it".

David Ross's sister was mudered in 2006 when her ex husband stabbed her and her new boyfriend in her house near Market Harborough, then he set fire to her house, they both perished!
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 22, 2019, 7:22pm; Reply: 41
Regarding Mr Fenty talking about the new palm sculpture, at least we now know what happened to the part of the floodlights taken down.
Posted by: The Boys Paddock, August 22, 2019, 8:07pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from drbell
Im always so split on the 'Fenty' debates. I strongly believe he has always tried to do the right thing for Town. Without him (given the lack of alternatives) we would be in a much worse situation.
However, its hard to argue with the people complaining about a lack of PR and Media saviness when we hear the surprisingly interesting news that he and Shutes agreed up on a price months ago. If this is information we are allowed to know, then why wasn't it revealed more widely some time ago? That would have got rid of so much mumbling and blaming of Fenty for what is always going to be a long drawn out process.

why? It does not take much to understand that long term funding of the club is the issue here.....fine it you want him to sell for selling's sake fine

dont come back here i 2 years time when we are still in L2 questioning the player budget...and the general upkeep of the club
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, August 22, 2019, 9:15pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from wiggers
I would like to see Shutes actually come out and say something. Why is he buying the club? What are his ambitions and goals for GTFC? Instead of having a pop at Fenty maybe we should be asking the question, why has Shutes not come out and said a single thing about this proposed take over????

He can't until he takes charge. You cannot give your ambition for a club until you own it, that would be most disrespectful.
Posted by: White_shorts, August 22, 2019, 9:16pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from heppy88

I agree. As a so-called head of regeneration, it is a disgrace that Fenty still favours PP. I don't know how the guy sleeps at night.

It would not surprise me if the club officially pursued the docks until Freeman Street is lost to housing. It will then be announced that infilling is too expensive.

Another possible location is the western edge of town, but that is reliant on the A180-A46 link road being built. Future generations will wonder why the club didn't secure the logical Freemo site as soon as work started to demolish the flats.

If it happens, Peaks Parkway will forever be known as Fenty's Folly.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 22, 2019, 9:20pm; Reply: 45

He can't until he takes charge. You cannot give your ambition for a club until you own it, that would be most disrespectful.

I dunno. Could be part of his pitch to win people over. I’d like to understand what the vision is before he buys. Know next to nothing about the guy.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, August 22, 2019, 9:31pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I dunno. Could be part of his pitch to win people over. I’d like to understand what the vision is before he buys. Know next to nothing about the guy.

Come on Kingston - ANY vision is better than what we have now!

It is not up to us who can or cannot take over - we will judge the new regime on their decisions and progess, or lack of, in due course.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 22, 2019, 9:34pm; Reply: 47

It is not up to us who can or cannot take over - we will judge the new regime on their decisions and progess, or lack of, in due course.

Give it sixteen years to form an opinion, should be long enough.
Posted by: GrimRob, August 22, 2019, 9:36pm; Reply: 48
Be careful what you wish for  :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 22, 2019, 9:41pm; Reply: 49

Now even you're telling me to shut up! Are you an acountant too?  ;D
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, August 22, 2019, 9:50pm; Reply: 50

Now even you're telling me to shut up! Are you an acountant too?  ;D

I have a grade 2 in CSE maths so no is the answer.  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 22, 2019, 10:24pm; Reply: 51

I have a grade 2 in CSE maths so no is the answer.  ;D

I bet your mental arithmetic is better than most Maths graduates though.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 23, 2019, 8:25am; Reply: 52
I've not properly read through the thread, so sorry if I repeating others.

But I feel the EFL will be extremely thorough when checking potential owners at the moment, as they've cleared copulated up in the past.

Having said that, whilst Fenty comes across well, and I like what he is trying to do for the club (make sure it goes the right way), we are only hearing what he is saying...

Shutes could come out and say, no, Fenty won't budge as blah blah blah....
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 23, 2019, 9:03am; Reply: 53
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

But I feel the EFL will be extremely thorough when checking potential owners at the moment, as they've cleared copulated up in the past.

Having said that, whilst Fenty comes across well, and I like what he is trying to do for the club (make sure it goes the right way), we are only hearing what he is saying...

I don’t think Tom Shutes needs to say anything- the deal is clearly dependent on several factors and I think Mr Fenty has made that clear (in a good way, by the way).
This isn’t just a bloke buying a football club, it’s a bloke buying a football club with a significant back story behind it.
Posted by: Stadium, August 23, 2019, 5:48pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Haha really?
Why would they start now after numerous misjudgements.
Considering we have no idea of the actual proposals I don't see any reason why either party need to comment.
Posted by: Rik e B, August 23, 2019, 6:58pm; Reply: 55
It would be unfair for Shutes to comment and the gentlemanly thing to do to not do so, hats of to him for that. If it goes through we'll hear plenty of course, not so much of the talks - but the bright future he envisages.

I've no faith in the EFL to sort their act out suddenly so I'm hoping the 'out and out fan' in Fenty showing genuine concern for GTFC's future welfare is the actual reason for the requested assurances... And its not some other hidden storyline less honourable.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 23, 2019, 7:44pm; Reply: 56
I don't know Rik. I'd be happier if I knew more about him and his plans. We've heard of so many takeovers of other clubs that have ended in tears. I want to know who is going to take over our club. I don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 23, 2019, 8:19pm; Reply: 57
I don't know Rik. I'd be happier if I knew more about him and his plans. We've heard of so many takeovers of other clubs that have ended in tears. I want to know who is going to take over our club. I don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire.

But what if the plans don’t come together and they rely on confidential agreements between several parties?

Tom Shutes is seemingly trying to tie various things together and I wouldn’t be inclined to jeopardise them just for the sake of satisfying the inquisitive fans.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, August 23, 2019, 9:28pm; Reply: 58

Now then Kingston... ;D

Seriously though, if any of the reports in the Tellywag are anywhere near true about the philanthropic side of Mr Shutes' personality are correct then it is much more likely to be a sympathetic takeover than some venture capitalists / foreign owner scenario.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 23, 2019, 9:32pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from MuddyWaters

But what if the plans don’t come together and they rely on confidential agreements between several parties?

Tom Shutes is seemingly trying to tie various things together and I wouldn’t be inclined to jeopardise them just for the sake of satisfying the inquisitive fans.

It's not just being inquisitve though. I take what you say about the need for confidentiality at certain times. But don't you think fans have a stake in the future of their club? Collectively through the Trust and individual shareholdings, fans literally are stock holders.  Fans are the future and the present.

I'd want to know that whoever owns the club does have a robust plan and isn't going to turn out like the Bury mob or the Italian guy who owned Orient, or any of the countless other owners of football clubs who wrecked them. I'd like to know that someone on our behalf is doing this sort of due diligence because we know we can't rely on the football authorities.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 23, 2019, 9:35pm; Reply: 60

Now then Kingston... ;D

Seriously though, if any of the reports in the Tellywag are anywhere near true about the philanthropic side of Mr Shutes' personality are correct then it is much more likely to be a sympathetic takeover than some venture capitalists / foreign owner scenario.

There's the $64,000 question though. They kicked off this whole thing with an unsubstantiated rumour. I wouldn't rely on the Grim Tel to tell me what day of the week it is.

If he is the philanthropic figure we hope, then a little transparency wouldn't hurt. All we know is he's a property developer.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 23, 2019, 9:40pm; Reply: 61

It's not just being inquisitve though. I take what you say about the need for confidentiality at certain times. But don't you think fans have a stake in the future of their club? Collectively through the Trust and individual shareholdings, fans literally are stock holders.  Fans are the future and the present.

I'd want to know that whoever owns the club does have a robust plan and isn't going to turn out like the Bury mob or the Italian guy who owned Orient, or any of the countless other owners of football clubs who wrecked them. I'd like to know that someone on our behalf is doing this sort of due diligence because we know we can't rely on the football authorities.

We have an interest for sure but I don’t think the current owner has any interest in us. To call us toxic, demean Operation Promotion and allow Mr Dale to get away with what he said are just three examples of what we mean to the board.

Maybe Mr Shutes will see it differently but this deal is bound to be complicated and, as we are deemed not worthy, I’d rather be kept in the dark for now.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 23, 2019, 11:13pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We have an interest for sure but I don’t think the current owner has any interest in us. To call us toxic, demean Operation Promotion and allow Mr Dale to get away with what he said are just three examples of what we mean to the board.

Maybe Mr Shutes will see it differently but this deal is bound to be complicated and, as we are deemed not worthy, I’d rather be kept in the dark for now.

I'm sure he hasn't. We're only of interest when he's looking for someone to blame. I just don't want to go down the whole, false hope route to find we're in the hands of someone who's going to leave the club even worse off.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 24, 2019, 12:20am; Reply: 63

Fans mean diddly squat and if you think they/we come into the thoughts of any buyer or seller of a club then you are, IMO, deluded. If the deal...and that becomes basically a business deal, is right for the buyer & seller then the deal will happen, if its not right then it won't !

If i want £10 for something then maybe advertise it for £15 and sell it for £12 i am better off by £2....if it only gets offers for £8 then i have a decision to make on the saleable assett.

Posted by: Rik e B, August 24, 2019, 11:46am; Reply: 64
As fan's we don't get a say, a vote, anything on such matters.

I would imagine there a lot of ducks need aligning to hit the ground running day one with the full vision and clearly laid out plan and means to get there. I wouldn't want Shutes to arrive and saying "hoping to do this, maybe do that, not quite sure how but we'd like to"
Posted by: Stadium, August 24, 2019, 12:00pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from moosey_club

Fans mean diddly squat and if you think they/we come into the thoughts of any buyer or seller of a club then you are, IMO, deluded. If the deal...and that becomes basically a business deal, is right for the buyer & seller then the deal will happen, if its not right then it won't !

If i want £10 for something then maybe advertise it for £15 and sell it for £12 i am better off by £2....if it only gets offers for £8 then i have a decision to make on the saleable assett.

Absolutely.
Fans will not even enter the equation.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 24, 2019, 4:43pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from moosey_club

That's not the point I'm making. I'm just saying we should, not that we will.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 24, 2019, 4:44pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Stadium

Absolutely.
Fans will not even enter the equation.

Not while we're supine
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:56pm